Posted: 6/21/2024 5:32:38 PM EDT

Link Posted: 6/21/2024 5:41:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Beautiful set of tools you have there!

Can you give us some details?
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 6:13:13 PM EDT
[#2]
From the bottom up

Mine:  cst receiver, Volq comp bolt, Volq auto bolt release, Ruger BX trigger, Tech Sights rear collector series sight, magpul ms1 lite sling.

My wife’s: bone stock except the sling and swivels.

My buddies: bone stock, straight out of the box.

Plan for mine and my wife’s is to use them at an Appleseed then hopefully a know distance event.  They’ll both be getting a few other trick pieces over the next few weeks.

I don’t know what my buddy has in store for his yet.
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 6:16:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 6:55:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought these were all custom builds.

I had no idea they made these stock like that.

I like those barrels!

I don’t really “need” another 10/22, but that doesn’t mean I won’t get one.
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 7:05:31 PM EDT
[#5]
The barrel is the whole reason I bought mine.  I couldn’t find this exact configuration anywhere.
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 7:17:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Flammenwerfer35] [#6]
How's the accuracy?  Also it's cool to see them make one stock with better sights.
Link Posted: 6/22/2024 12:06:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Flammenwerfer35:
How's the accuracy?  Also it's cool to see them make one stock with better sights.
View Quote

I haven’t shot it since I swapped receivers but it was pretty good before (no actually #’s), I expect it to be better now.
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 10:41:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 71jeepcj6] [#8]
Worked on the middle one a bit this weekend.  Volq auto bolt release, tac solutions muzzle break, tac solutions mag release, bolt buffer, and older aimpoint red dot.  I sighted the dot in at 25 and had a few .5” groups.  Will need some trigger improvement next.

Link Posted: 6/24/2024 1:41:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Wow. That is pretty much the perfect factory 10/22 for me. I wonder if they sell the barrel and rear sight separately.

Hope the Appleseed event goes well. Trying to take my girl to one as well some day soon. Except her current 22 is a Ted Williams 3T from her grandfather. So got to build a 10/22. This gives a good direction if I want to just buy something instead.
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 3:47:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Any updates?
What trigger improvement did you end up deciding on?
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 9:58:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By MaxxII:
Any updates?
What trigger improvement did you end up deciding on?
View Quote

No updates as of now.  I would love to throw a Kidd single stage in all of these but that’s a lotta dough!  It’ll probably get a BX trigger next time I’m in the LGS.  

I did put my Rugged Occulos on it the other day and shoot it a few times.  That was nice!  

I’ll try to update the thread when I upgrade the trigger.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 2:11:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Please do.
I'm on the fence about buying one of these 10/22's from Brownells.
I'd be using it for a Appleseed match myself and taking the kids shooting with...
I just have alot of different irons in the fire at the moment.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 10:28:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Do you have hoarding tendencies?
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 12:01:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By 71jeepcj6:

No updates as of now.  I would love to throw a Kidd single stage in all of these but that’s a lotta dough!  It’ll probably get a BX trigger next time I’m in the LGS.  

I did put my Rugged Occulos on it the other day and shoot it a few times.  That was nice!  

View Quote

A Kidd 2 stage is what you seek
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 6:01:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zardoz] [#15]
I came really close to buying that model, but opted for a takedown lite instead. My first order of business is to shitcan that POS factory stock and put a Magpul backpacker stock on it.

If for some reason the takedown doesn't work out, I'll DX it for the model in the OP.
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 6:39:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By BabaYaga22:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I have a Kidd single stage on another rifle of mine and I think it might just be the best trigger I’ve ever had the pleasure of pulling.  Well besides full auto stuff, they could have a shit trigger and it’s still great!
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 7:46:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BabaYaga22] [#17]

I have a Kidd single stage on another rifle of mine and I think it might just be the best trigger I’ve ever had the pleasure of pulling.  Well besides full auto stuff, they could have a shit trigger and it’s still great!
View All Quotes

He makes an amazing trigger, you can’t lose with Kidd
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 4:54:18 PM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes

@71jeepcj6

Have you found a load that they like better than others?

Link Posted: 8/26/2024 9:47:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By MaxxII:

@71jeepcj6

Have you found a load that they like better than others?

View Quote

This one like SK semi auto so I have a stock pile of that.  It’s the only thing I’ve been running in these two new ones and it seems fine.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 11:10:53 PM EDT
[#20]
The barrel is the whole reason I bought mine.  I couldn’t find this exact configuration anywhere.
View Quote

Gallery of Guns has it for $394.

That's tax, shipping, FFL fee and life time warranty.

Ruger 31197 10/22 Carbine
Link Posted: 8/28/2024 7:58:00 AM EDT
[#21]
I've been thinking I need one of these too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top