Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2024 7:08:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Slimjim]
I am currently reviewing a Digital Night vision/Thermal Fusion Optic, with Built in laser range finder.

This optic is called the Shinenyx (Formerly Yishine) AIM 101.

Attachment Attached File

Specs:
Rated for up to .308 recoil.
1-4x digital zoom.
Low light 1920x1200 sensor.
Thermal 384x288 sensor.
2.1” 1600x1200 resolution screen.
48mm Objective lens.
Built in IR light.
GPS location/Timestamp.
Continuous laser rangefinding.
25 FPS frame rate.
128gb internal storage for Pictures and video with onboard sound recording.
USB C charging.
Aluminum body construction.

So far i have been impressed by this optics performance, compared to cheaper digital night vision units i have used before like the ATN X-Sight.

Keep in mind the Following photos were taken with a Iphone 13 pro looking through the optic. And viewing this through the scope with your eye will be clearer

Combining the Thermal and DNV technologies together really helps both of the technologies shortcomings, like how normal thermal cannot see through glass, with the digital Night vision abilities it fills in the picture behind it.

Glass Store front seen through Thermal
Attachment Attached File

Glass store front with Thermal overlaid on DNV.

Attachment Attached File

It features a Thermal outline mode as well,

Attachment Attached File

The sensor is extremely sensitive to light.
This was our side by side going downrange at 200+ yards.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:38:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: swampfoxoutdoors] [#1]
Looks promising.

What did you pay?

Is the battery swappable?

Webpage Link
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:21:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Slimjim] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By swampfoxoutdoors:
Looks promising.

What did you pay?

Is the battery swappable?

Webpage Link
View Quote

I have this unit in as a review sample right now for creating content on it for my youtube channel “WVGunsNGoats”

The battery is swappable, infact its actually 2 batteries in a carrier, 18650’s i believe (will have to remove them again to look).

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:25:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks like a pretty interesting optic for a critter gitter.

In for the eventual review video.

ETA: can you turn off the inclinator telling you you're Xdeg off level? I'm guessing that's what the arrows and number in the middle of the reticle is for?
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 12:19:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By towerofpower94:

ETA: can you turn off the inclinator telling you you're Xdeg off level? I'm guessing that's what the arrows and number in the middle of the reticle is for?
View Quote

Unfortunately right now you cannot turn off the inclinometer, but i will pass it on, the one at the top is a compass.

Link Posted: 5/3/2024 7:49:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Slimjim:

Unfortunately right now you cannot turn off the inclinometer, but i will pass it on, the one at the top is a compass.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Slimjim:
Originally Posted By towerofpower94:

Bummer. Seems like it wouldn't useful info for most shooters, outside of folks who are making really high or low angle shots in the mountains. I'd bet it's just a distraction for 99.9% of folks by cluttering the screen. Same for the compass, honestly.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 2:17:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Do you have any information on the reticle? I looked on their website but didn't see anything. Is it just for looks or is it usable, i.e., does it show mils or moa? If so, does it adjust with magnification? That would be pretty sweet. Look forward to the review.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:48:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Slimjim] [#7]
Originally Posted By DAF54:
Do you have any information on the reticle? I looked on their website but didn't see anything. Is it just for looks or is it usable, i.e., does it show mils or moa? If so, does it adjust with magnification? That would be pretty sweet. Look forward to the review.
View Quote

It has a rudimentary ballistic drop compensation reticle right now, but they are adding a full ballistics calculator to it.

The center dot drops down to what it thinks should be on target depending o. Range its sighted in at.

Highlight mode:
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 6:32:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Slimjim] [#8]
Had to make some edits
Top Top