Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2024 9:03:11 AM EDT
The Sig Cross Magnum in .300 Win Mag was released a few months back and I haven't seen much regarding the gun other than a handful of youtube reviews.  Has anyone here purchased one or put in some decent triggertime behind one?  I've owned a .308 Cross for a few years now and will probably buy the Magnum later this year before WA elk season kicks off, I'd love to hear some feedback in the meantime.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 4:22:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Same also interested if anyone has some experience with it.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 6:12:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Check over on snipershide
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:51:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I was excited about it but they don’t seem to be putting much effort in it. Only one chambering and barrel length. A little heavier than I had hoped.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:10:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SoVa:
I was excited about it but they don’t seem to be putting much effort in it. Only one chambering and barrel length. A little heavier than I had hoped.
View Quote

As long as it's not as heavy as the PRS Cross rifles I'll be OK.  Hopefully Proof Research will crank out barrels for it like they do the regular Cross rifles.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 8:26:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By FrankW134:

As long as it's not as heavy as the PRS Cross rifles I'll be OK.  Hopefully Proof Research will crank out barrels for it like they do the regular Cross rifles.
View Quote

I have been looking since they were announced and haven’t seen one in stock anywhere, haven’t seen a review from any of the YouTube guys. I did see a CF barrel model with a shorter handguard in a video from NRA show but didn’t see a price and it’s not on the site yet.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 8:50:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By SoVa:

I have been looking since they were announced and haven’t seen one in stock anywhere, haven’t seen a review from any of the YouTube guys. I did see a CF barrel model with a shorter handguard in a video from NRA show but didn’t see a price and it’s not on the site yet.
View Quote

Sig Sauer Cross: NEW Sawtooth Series! [Hunt365]

New calibers coming with Proof barrels
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 10:14:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By WTR_Warlord:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8JYPA58hKQ

New calibers coming with Proof barrels
View Quote

Now I want that one!
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 10:20:33 AM EDT
[#8]
I just read the meateater article about it, and have begun lusting over it as well. I think it's on my short list, but I'd love to find some more information. Looks like everything I want in a dual purpose hunting/tactical rifle. All things considered, the weight looks about perfect for a lighter tactical rifle, even if it is a bit heavy for a hubting rifle.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 10:20:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Is 8.5lbs really that heavy for a 24" .300WM though?
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 7:12:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By brazos609:
Is 8.5lbs really that heavy for a 24" .300WM though?
View Quote

For a folding hunting rifle, not really.  For a tactical rifle it's perfect.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 11:32:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Just ordered the sawtooth in 300 PRC I will update when it arrives.
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 12:07:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HawkCreek] [#12]
For another $200 you can get a proof research rifle that weighs 2 pounds less and comes with a half moa guarantee.

I'm excited by the idea of the Sawtooth but the pricing and weight is underwhelming.

If they could do a short action in 277 Fury with the carbon barrel I'd pay a little more for that. But it still wouldn't be a $3k rifle.
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 12:53:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WTR_Warlord] [#13]
Originally Posted By HawkCreek:
For another $200 you can get a proof research rifle that weighs 2 pounds less and comes with a half moa guarantee.

I'm excited by the idea of the Sawtooth but the pricing and weight is underwhelming.

If they could do a short action in 277 Fury with the carbon barrel I'd pay a little more for that. But it still wouldn't be a $3k rifle.
View Quote

Yeah I wouldn’t pay that much I’m far under MSRP and those proof rifles are much more than $200 more. From what I see it’s at least $800 more from a base model.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 3:15:50 PM EDT
[#14]
I finally saw one in person. I really wanted one, but I'm not sure at that price.
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 12:53:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By JAG2955:
I finally saw one in person. I really wanted one, but I'm not sure at that price.
View Quote

Just got tracking info for my sawtooth on Friday it arrives Tuesday at my FFL and then DROS plus10 day CA jail/hold.
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 9:30:24 AM EDT
[#16]

Just got tracking info for my sawtooth on Friday it arrives Tuesday at my FFL and then DROS plus10 day CA jail/hold.
View Quote
Where did you find the best price on the Sawtooth?
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 11:17:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WTR_Warlord] [#17]
A good friend/neighbor from around the block is a Sig dealer he ordered it for me.
Link Posted: 8/8/2024 1:06:05 PM EDT
[#18]
It’s in looks great feels great. Attachment Attached File

Once it’s home I will throw on some glass and go test.
Link Posted: 8/8/2024 2:28:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JAG2955] [#19]
Sweet.

But now I see there's a Cross in .277 Fury. It looks like I can get *almost* 300WM performance from a very light and handy rifle.

https://www.sigsauer.com/accubond-277-sig-fury-hybrid.html

I'd want to use it for elk. Maybe it's a dumb idea.
Link Posted: 8/8/2024 3:13:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Sweet.

But now I see there's a Cross in .277 Fury. It looks like I can get *almost* 300WM performance from a very light and handy rifle.

View Quote

I doubt the .277 Cross is even close to being released.
Link Posted: 8/8/2024 7:58:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By brazos609:

I doubt the .277 Cross is even close to being released.
View Quote

I think 277 is better than 6.5 Creedmore but I don’t believe it would compare to 300 win mag.
Link Posted: 8/11/2024 7:20:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Sweet.

View Quote

I've had the same idea. Much lighter than the Proof magnum versions. Sig has a premium load available that pushes a 150 grain bullet at just shy of 3000fps from the 20" barrel. Sounds like it would be a great mountain hunting rifle. I search bi-weekly for load data. If it ends up being reloader friendly I have several hunting rifles it could replace.
Link Posted: 8/12/2024 5:39:49 AM EDT
[#23]
It’s in looks great feels great. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/476203/IMG_2744_jpeg-3288973.JPG

Once it’s home I will throw on some glass and go test.
View Quote

I finally got to play with a Cross Magnum in .300 Win Mag, and a Sawtooth in 7mm PRC side-by-side yesterday at a store by Richmond.  Im gonna go with the 300PRC version, but at only $200 more ($2499 and $2699 respectively, probably cheaper online), getting the sawtooth version is a no brainer.
Link Posted: 8/12/2024 11:44:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By FrankW134:

I finally got to play with a Cross Magnum in .300 Win Mag, and a Sawtooth in 7mm PRC side-by-side yesterday at a store by Richmond.  Im gonna go with the 300PRC version, but at only $200 more ($2499 and $2699 respectively, probably cheaper online), getting the sawtooth version is a no brainer.
View Quote

Yes absolutely especially when additional Cost of the barrel alone is much more than the $200 price difference.
Link Posted: 8/21/2024 1:50:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 2:42:36 AM EDT
[#26]

I've had the same idea. Much lighter than the Proof magnum versions. Sig has a premium load available that pushes a 150 grain bullet at just shy of 3000fps from the 20" barrel. Sounds like it would be a great mountain hunting rifle. I search bi-weekly for load data. If it ends up being reloader friendly I have several hunting rifles it could replace.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Sweet.

It's starting to pop up on more sites, but not in stock, of course.
CROSS-277-20B

Link Posted: 8/24/2024 5:06:47 AM EDT
[#27]
I'd buy the barrel and conversion kit to .277 for my .308 cross if they release it, ever.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top