Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2024 5:04:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jeffhsu95]
Didnt want to make another thread so just editing my original one.

Anyone have a Sig Mod X 9? Impressions? blowback to the face, specifically with glocks and p320?

Original Question: I see that the Cam Lok pistons comes in Sig SRD pattern but will this also work with the Mod X 9?
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 7:21:53 PM EDT
[#1]
This description suggests yes. I have also been told yes. I've never personally verified tho.

https://www.sigsauer.com/suppressor-piston-1-2-x-28-tpi.html
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 9:01:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes.

All MODX SIG cans use the SRD pistons.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 6:22:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Can verify the SRD pistons work in my Modx 45.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 6:59:27 AM EDT
[#4]
There used to be a YouTube video of a guy comparing a ModX 9 and I believe an Obsidian 9, and the shooter commented on how much more blowback there was with the Obsidian. It also appeared to have less blowback from the video itself. I haven’t been able to find it again. I believe it was a gun channel out of north Georgia.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:24:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bballman25] [#5]
I just shot my Mod X9 for the first time yesterday. Host was an IWI Masada. I did not notice much blowback in my face. I only shot it in the full configuration on this visit. I thought the suppression was very good with 147 grain subsonic. I’ll note that the modules were very tight and I definitely needed the wrenches to separate them and I needed the wrenches to line them back up correctly. I didn’t shoot a ton, but had no issues with the spring that is not compressed at the ends and the pistol did lock back on an empty magazine. Also, I really didn’t notice the FRP that some have talked about.  Here’s a short video of part of that range trip. Hope this helps.

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:48:06 PM EDT
[#6]
its got some FRP. other than that, it sounded a lot like the CGS mod 9 to me.

https://youtube.com/shorts/C96Gh5zx5-k?si=M_9IMkR4GGmiRWNk
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top