Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2024 1:06:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CTM1]
Apparently just under $4k retail and if I understand correctly what was written it is a true drop on clip-on, no having to adjust the screen to the day optic.  
https://www.sigsauer.com/echo-clip-on-cv25.html

Skip to 26:00
SIG NEXT 2024. Tons of new SIG SAUER products!
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 1:36:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Also per another forum a company called Excelitas (European) has some cool military grade thermal coming to the civilian market but it will be costly as in sell a kidney or an extra kid costly.

It includes a military grade 640 thermal clip-on for around $13.5k as well as two 320 core fusion thermal/nv scopes which has been a dream of mine but not at the price point listed, over  $22k .

Here is the link to the thread.
https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/excelitas-thermal-optics.7220713/
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 11:17:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: UnknownPatriot] [#2]
https://www.sigsauer.com/echo-sv50-lrf-thermal-sight-2-16x50mm.html

The dedicated rifle scope above has 18650 batteries, 640 resolution, LRF, and lifetime guarante. What an awesome combo. I own several nvisions and pulsars and this is very interesting scope to me. I’m going to consider buying one for sure.

ETA: I hunt a few times a month so I put a lot of time and dust on my thermals. Lifetime is epic. A few of my pulsars are already past the warranty. The nvisions are down to 2 or so years from the 5 year warranty. Goes by fast.
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 2:25:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By UnknownPatriot:

The dedicated rifle scope above has 18650 batteries, 640 resolution, LRF, and lifetime guarante. What an awesome combo. I own several nvisions and pulsars and this is very interesting scope to me. I’m going to consider buying one for sure.

ETA: I hunt a few times a month so I put a lot of time and dust on my thermals. Lifetime is epic. A few of my pulsars are already past the warranty. The nvisions are down to 2 or so years from the 5 year warranty. Goes by fast.
View Quote

These having a built-in Laser Range Finder coupled with the Sig BDX 2.0 system might be very useful.  I'm interested to hear more about these.
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 5:45:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I laughed when I saw that their thermal scope options says restricted in some areas and it prompts you for a zip code.
The insanity we live under.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 5:01:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Welp, that clip on will likely be in my future.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 1:12:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Marksman14:
Welp, that clip on will likely be in my future.
View Quote
Ive been wanting an RH25 but I dislike that you have to rezero for every rifle, and if I recall correctly, you can't save clip on zero profiles like you can with the standalone reticle zero, so it would be set up for ONE rifle at a time.

I wasn't really sure if anything better would come down the pipe, but I'm out of the country anyway, so I've just been taking my time.

This new Sig offering certainly has my attention! Everything I want for a price I'm willing to pay!

I'll wait to see how the reviews look and maybe wait for V2. It is a Sig after all.
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 1:22:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By UnknownPatriot:

View Quote

LRF and it takes 18650s? That's pretty much exactly what I want right now.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 10:27:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Marksman14] [#8]
Originally Posted By Daggertt:
Ive been wanting an RH25 but I dislike that you have to rezero for every rifle, and if I recall correctly, you can't save clip on zero profiles like you can with the standalone reticle zero, so it would be set up for ONE rifle at a time.

I wasn't really sure if anything better would come down the pipe, but I'm out of the country anyway, so I've just been taking my time.

This new Sig offering certainly has my attention! Everything I want for a price I'm willing to pay!

I'll wait to see how the reviews look and maybe wait for V2. It is a Sig after all.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 10:32:57 AM EDT
[#9]
So is it a Chinese or Indian thermal?
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 10:37:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Millennial:
So is it a Chinese or Indian thermal?
View Quote

You're not going to curry favor with the NV forum with attitude like that.

Link Posted: 7/5/2024 8:29:26 PM EDT
[#11]
hes not but its still a good question....
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 10:45:57 PM EDT
[#12]
From the numbers and price point I'd guess iray sensor and core. I'd think it'd be fairly similar performance wise to the rh25. Says eyepiece is optimized for clip-on usage so a bit better in that role but lacking the helmet and stand alone options. With the rh25 being available for 4k as well people have some pretty amazing options these days.
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 11:16:50 PM EDT
[#13]
$3999 for C/O Thermal this August? Whelp, time to sell some stuff.
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 6:04:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Wish that clip on had a stand-alone reticle multi-use like the RH25. It's hard to beat the flexibility of the iRay.
Kinda more interested by their new LRF all-in-one optic than the clip on, but would love it if there was a REAL head-to-head competitor to the RH25 with collamination and aiming solution improvements.
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 7:04:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By kel:
Wish that clip on had a stand-alone reticle multi-use like the RH25. It's hard to beat the flexibility of the iRay.
Kinda more interested by their new LRF all-in-one optic than the clip on, but would love it if there was a REAL head-to-head competitor to the RH25 with collamination and aiming solution improvements.
View Quote
I'm obviously optimistic for this optic, and until it's released we don't have much info, but Europtic appears to describe it as having stand-alone capability.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/9/2024 10:54:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kel] [#16]
Originally Posted By Daggertt:
I'm obviously optimistic for this optic, and until it's released we don't have much info, but Europtic appears to describe it as having stand-alone capability.
View Quote

There does seem to be a new wave of (affordable - edit for Augee) laser-rangefinder + thermal do-all optics bubbling up.

The iRay RICO Micro definitely led the way, and manufacturers are reacting to that.

On that note, I just got an email from a distributor about this one today. Weird that it has a white light flashlight built in? Modular though: you attach an eyepiece for handheld or you use an adapter to clip on to a dayscope, etc. I think there's a 640, but this is the lower res one:

Link Posted: 7/10/2024 5:58:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 9:30:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Schrambo] [#18]
I have the Pard FT34 unit on my shelf...  Worked well for a bit, then I tried to update the firmware and bricked it...  No response from Pard's CS group to date and that was a month ago...  

I'd stay clear of Pard, but I'm excited about the new clip-on options coming...
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 6:12:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kel] [#19]
Originally Posted By TNVC_Augee:
Nitpicking perhaps, but the Sig thermal has been in development since before the iRay RICO was released. If anything, the Pixels on Target VooDoo-S was more or less the onus for interest in a small, commercialized thermal clip-on / address the market failure of the ECHO 3.
View Quote

Totally fair nitpick. I definitely thought of the PoT VooDoo when I wrote that... I remember seeing that a SHOT Show private suite some years back, thought it was super cool, but... $$$, military market oriented, and therefore pretty low distribution. So I'll still go with (but explain with a modified statement) "iRay RICO led the way as the first market-evidenced affordable civilian mini-do-all thermal" They highlighted to everyone there was a larger - mostly-untapped - market at that price point and those capabilities. Guys that would never dream of dropping $12k on a play optic apparently were willing to do so in droves at sub $5k.

SIG's first swing at the zero power big-honkin-EOtech format thermal wasn't too popular, but yeah - also early to the game. But it's hard to tell exactly what it proved, other than not many people wanted it.  :)

My point still is: I'm glad more companies are normalizing do-all mini's at a reasonable price tag!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top