Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2024 2:19:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: steve8140]
Currently I have a PVS-14 from TNVC I bought 3 years ago.
L3 unfilmed white phosphor, solid specs.

Now I’m starting the search to upgrade to duals but there’s so many options out there currently for housings, tubes, companies to buy from etc.

TNVC was great to work with previously and my only complaint is the wait time to get it in hand. But even that wasn’t major.

I want to stick with white and want pretty clean tubes without blems. Figured this would be a good place to start and see what people like and dislike with the current products available.

All that said, point me where to research.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 2:29:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 6:35:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 9:05:55 PM EDT
[#3]
PVS-31As are basically the industry standard.  Note that there's no on-board IR light, so you'll need to add one to your helmet.  The 1531 housing is a compromise, and not worth the added weight over the PVS31A, IMO.

My favorite housing, however, is the Theon Sensors housing which is sold as the EOTech BinoNV or Elbit F5032 (PVS-31D).  It has a built-in IR light.  Adjustable gain.  It will auto-shut-off when flipped up, but somehow, not when you just look up.  It will also auto-shut-off pods when they are rotated up and away from your eye.  It's not quite as light as the PVS-31A, but it's still pretty lightweight.  The optics can focus really close (18").  It has a built-in diopter adjustment.  It just has everything you want in a housing.  (Well, except for thermal fusion).

YMMV
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top