Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2024 8:23:46 PM EDT
I bought a new steiner tor mini from tnvc (dont worry, i used a virtual credit card) it doesnt turn on.  I have tantos in a daisho, they work great.  Has anyone else bought a tor mini?  Any issues?  I've heard mixed reviews about steiner lasers.  Thanks, Woody
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 8:40:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought one a few months ago to use on a cheap, spare beater rifle and have it paired up with an inforce wml (white/ir).  Tor is at 12 oclock in front of a DD fixed front sight and the inforce is offset at 11 oclock right beside both of them.  This is the cheapest usable combo I could source and while not the first (or second or fifth) setup I'd grab, it works.  I have no complaints with the Tor, although I'm only a few months in and there is plenty of griping to be heard about it elsewhere.  So far so good.  I like it for what it is and I think it's a pretty good value.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 8:45:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for posting, im glad to hear that it's working for you.  The directions explain the battery direction (I've tried it both ways several times now)  then depressing the right button.  Are there any protective covers or anything i need to remove to activate the laser?
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 9:20:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I had the same issue. IIRC, it had to do with the cap. I think I had to really tighten it down.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 11:12:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a few. Had one go out under warranty and Steiner replaced it but it took a few months. Been happy with them and mostly running them on 22lr
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 11:16:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 1:57:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hydrostatic_cling] [#6]
I would hope for TNVC to help you out. Steiner has excessive repair times and terrible customer service. I regret ever buying a Steiner product.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top