Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2024 7:10:22 PM EDT
So this belt was recommended a few days ago in another thread. I tagged the poster and asked for some extra details about it but unfortunately he has not yet responded.

So I am curious if any of you fellers have any of their belts. They look really well designed and built. I emailed them and asked a few questions about sizing and shipping and they replied back the next morning. So that’s cool.

So it kinda looks like I will be ordering one this Friday. Just curious if anyone has one and what they think about it and of course, pics? lol

Thanks.

Here is a link to their page. If anyone else cares to take a look. I am looking at ordering the 3.1 Limited belt.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 8:32:03 PM EDT
[#1]
No firsthand experience. Looks like just about any other inner/outer “battle belt” setup. Only thing that stands out to me is that their “Operator 3.0” belt is 2” in width, both inner and outer.

Industry standard is 1-3/4” for inner/outer belts due to compatibility with belt loops on most pants. Common pants barely accommodate these, very little will fit a 2” inner belt, you’d basically be limited to “tactical” stuff, which may be enough of an annoyance to drive you to choose something else.

You could always use a more narrow inner belt, but that’s got its own headaches.

The 2” outer belt makes sense when you’re using the exterior molle, but frankly, I see no point in doing that for any molle-on pouch on these inner/outer belts. It imparts all the weight onto the stitching holding the molle to the core of the belt, it wants to tip and fold the belt outward.

One-wrap is hands down the best solution, it’s cheap, solid, and practical, so I don’t see any point to spending extra for a belt with molle I’ll never use.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 9:21:27 PM EDT
[#2]
10-4. Good info. Thank you!
The 3.1 Limited that I am seriously considering comes with a 1.75 inner belt. So that should be a bit more accommodating. Most of the pants I wear for work are 5.11 or similar brands and most of my jeans are from Duluth. I should be able to fit that inner belt fairly easy.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 9:55:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a 1.75” that I replaced an original esstac shooters belt with. Super satisfied with it, I asked them to reverse some things around for me as I am left handed and they did it free of charge.

Belt is very rigid, the sharpie loop and hk ring I use all of the time, and the molle stitching is crazy tight to the belt, so much so that I actually prefer using the molle over the one wrap method for securing pouches.

I bought it after seeing them around locally, very active in the shooting community in the panhandle. Actually met the owners at a shooting match where we were on the same squad, they immediately asked for feedback and could tell they wanted to make the product better. Out of all these style of belts, this one is incredibly well executed in my experience and has good people backing up the products, so next belt I buy will be from them.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 2:52:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tc2129] [#4]
I’ve got one and like it  I started with and still use an Eagle Industries operators belt, which I like, but it lacks Velcro on a section of the belt near the buckle. The Sub Second has Velcro and MOLLE the whole length of the belt. Belt is very solid and very well built, holds everything tight. . As posted above, I too like the HK clash hook and Sharpie holder.  I use both all the time, especially when teaching classes.  I use the belt for work and shooting in my own time. No complaints.

I first saw them locally at the range I shoot at and another gun store near me. As posted above, the owner is big into the shooting community here in the FL panhandle. Owner is a good dude, I’ve run into him quite a few times at the range and he asks for feedback on his stuff.  He’s retired/former SF guy.  Quite a few local LE SWAT guys are using the belts as are guys from 7th Group. He sews all the stuff in his space here in NWFL.

I haven’t worn it, but a coworker has the SubSecond CCW belt, which is very nice and well made too.

I’ve been pleased with the belt and recommend them to others who ask about getting a belt
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 9:53:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ak4784] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tc2129:
I’ve got one and like it  I started with and still use an Eagle Industries operators belt, which I like, but it lacks Velcro on a section of the belt near the buckle. The Sub Second has Velcro and MOLLE the whole length of the belt. Belt is very solid and very well built, holds everything tight. . As posted above, I too like the HK clash hook and Sharpie holder.  I use both all the time, especially when teaching classes.  I use the belt for work and shooting in my own time. No complaints.

I first saw them locally at the range I shoot at and another gun store near me. As posted above, the owner is big into the shooting community here in the FL panhandle. Owner is a good dude, I’ve run into him quite a few times at the range and he asks for feedback on his stuff.  He’s retired/former SF guy.  Quite a few local LE SWAT guys are using the belts as are guys from 7th Group. He sews all the stuff in his space here in NWFL.

I haven’t worn it, but a coworker has the SubSecond CCW belt, which is very nice and well made too.

I’ve been pleased with the belt and recommend them to others who ask about getting a belt
View Quote

@tc2129 Awesome. Glad to hear. Is the sizing chart they provide fairly accurate and does the belt allow for a decent amount of adjustment? I think they say 3 inches of adjustment. Is that accurate?
I’m glad you mentioned the ECD belt. I am tempted to order one with the Operator Limited belt. I saw a YT video were a guy was using the ECD with the Operator. I like the idea of have a daily CCW belt that I could quickly slap a battle belt on if needed.

Link Posted: 7/28/2024 4:17:58 PM EDT
[#6]
In my experience the sizing seems to be accurate. And there is enough adjustment in the belt.   I’ll try to get some pics of mine when I get time

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top