Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/14/2024 9:55:23 PM EDT
Hey guys and ladies,

Question I've had about seven stomach operations to fix a hernia that was never fixed but anyways I lost a lot of weight from 275 lbs medium build (healthy) down to 175 lbs medium build I was wondering what tactical belt should I get? If this matters as well I'm 6'6 I would like something like a normal belt like a jean wearing belt like you can by at the mall or Walmart. The belt will used as a carrying belt as well.

Thank you for your time.

- Jamie  
Link Posted: 7/14/2024 10:54:35 PM EDT
[#1]
So you want a belt that goes with jeans and such, that you can concealed carry with?

Or a full-on tactical belt?  With mag pouches, duty holster, etc?

If the belt that goes with jeans for CCW, do you want leather or some kind of nylon?  And what's your budget?
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 1:07:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Cigura emissary
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 1:56:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a Galco Pleather one that I have been using for at least a decade, looks like a leather and threads thru Kydex belt loops easily.
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 7:49:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By USMCLIFE:
Hey guys and ladies,

Question I've had about seven stomach operations to fix a hernia that was never fixed but anyways I lost a lot of weight from 275 lbs medium build (healthy) down to 175 lbs medium build I was wondering what tactical belt should I get? If this matters as well I'm 6'6 I would like something like a normal belt like a jean wearing belt like you can by at the mall or Walmart. The belt will used as a carrying belt as well.

Thank you for your time.

- Jamie  
View Quote

@USMCLIFE

I’d take a look at this: https://defensemechanisms.com/mech-inner-belt/?showHidden=true

It’s loop covered so you could EDC in this then have a duty belt setup you could also slap over it.
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 10:55:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 03RN:
Cigura emissary
View Quote
Loop on the outside or regular? I keep looking at these and I'm on the fence.
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 11:17:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I’ve really been liking my Kore EP two piece belt—it’s a dress belt style but uses an inner and outer belt. The ratchet mechanism is super handy.
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 11:36:46 AM EDT
[#7]
I just use my esstac inner Velcro belt for my everyday belt. It’s not a super sturdy gun belt by itself but handles a lightweight single stack just fine. Then if needed just throw on the Velcro Outer belt on top with your gear attached. Not having a belt buckle is quite nice for a lot of things also.

Using a really stiff belt all day tends to be uncomfortable for me as they don’t bend and conform to your body like a cheap belt. So they tend to get irritating at the places they make the most contact on the body, like the hips where the majority of the weight hangs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top