BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 12:44:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KDG_Dave] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kent:

Can you post a link or pic of the 'factory' collapsing brace?   All I have seen are the aftermarket braces (folding and collapsing) and a factory folding stock (not brace).   Nothing about a collapsing brace up on Grand Power's website either that I could find.

I tried the collapsible one with the tailhook, and don't 100% like it because the tailhook (which mounts at 90 deg to the rails) sits too close to the grip when collapsed and interferes with my grip hand.  To avoid this, I have to collapse it not fully, but leave it extended about 1.5" when 'collapsed' so my grip hand has enough room.   Of course, there is no stop there, so it won't stay in that position.   I'm working on that.
View Quote

Type in GRAND POWER STRIBOG PDW 2-POSITION COLLAPSIBLE BRACE WITH GEAR HEAD WORKS TAILHOOK BRACE
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 12:49:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Love my collapsible brace on my Stribog. Allows me to shoot it fully collapsed or in any position.

Link Posted: 6/26/2024 12:54:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kent] [#3]
Originally Posted By KDG_Dave:

Type in GRAND POWER STRIBOG PDW 2-POSITION COLLAPSIBLE BRACE WITH GEAR HEAD WORKS TAILHOOK BRACE
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KDG_Dave:
Originally Posted By Kent:
Can you post a link or pic of the 'factory' collapsing brace?   All I have seen are the aftermarket braces (folding and collapsing) and a factory folding stock (not brace).   Nothing about a collapsing brace up on Grand Power's website either that I could find.

I tried the collapsible one with the tailhook, and don't 100% like it because the tailhook (which mounts at 90 deg to the rails) sits too close to the grip when collapsed and interferes with my grip hand.  To avoid this, I have to collapse it not fully, but leave it extended about 1.5" when 'collapsed' so my grip hand has enough room.   Of course, there is no stop there, so it won't stay in that position.   I'm working on that.

Thank you, that worked.  
Yes, that's the one I have.   I didn't realize that it was considered the "OEM factory brace", since there is zero mention of it on GP's main website, so I assumed it was aftermarket like all the other choices.

The only problem with that one is the problem I described above.   I need to work on creating a stop that holds the brace about 1.5 inches from fully collapsed so it doesn't chafe the wrist of my grip hand when collapsed.  

Other than that, I like collapsible vs folding braces too, and I love the Tailhook -- in my opinion, it is the most usable brace design.   Fast to deploy and easy to utilize in its intended fashion.
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 5:58:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Any data on how long shipping takes for the 40 deg block?  Ordered about two weeks back, no tracking update since it left Estonia on the 30th...

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 7:06:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By jwliv180:
Any data on how long shipping takes for the 40 deg block?  Ordered about two weeks back, no tracking update since it left Estonia on the 30th...

Thanks!
View Quote

Got mine directly from GO in 3-4 days.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 10:16:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By DevL:
Mav3rick,

Are you dead set on that brace or a folding brace in general?

Having tried a bunch of braces, I actually prefer the factory collapsing brace. It is a bit longer, but thinner, when collapsed vs a folder. The factory stock/brace mounts low and I prefer a low mounted optic due to the Stribog excessively high rail over bore (1.7" barrel to rail). The lower stock allowed me to fit a factory low mount Sig Romeo5 and cowitness the factory iron sights and still fit behind the gun. This keeps the POI/POA at 15, 25, and 50 yards with subs all VERY close. An AR height/higher mounted optic of 1.5" has VERY different POIs at those ranges and I hated it for that.

I never thought I would like the factory collapsing brace/stock, but I SBRed mine and left it with factory collapsing option. I fully intended to swap to a different A3 Tactical folder or SB folder or A3 collapsing brace, but decided against it after using the factory collapsing brace. Let me explain why...

After using the factory collapsing brace I have decided the weight helps balance the gun. When collapsed, it stays collapsed and does not need a button or lever to open. The deployed rod wiggle I thought would be the most annoying thing about the collapsing brace is NOT noticeable in use. There is one "perfect" length of pull... which is the ONLY one it offers, so that just simplfied things instead of being a negative compared the the A3 collapsing option with multiple LOP options (which is also a high cheek mount). Also, I thought I would hate the lack of actual cheek area vs a folder, but don't mind it one bit. Somehow the Stribog is MUCH better than AK under folders or MP5 collapsing stocks that built my preconception.

If you buy that HK style folder and are in ANY way not satisfied with it due to it not staying folded all the way, left/right wiggle developing, width for storage, etc. please consider the factory collapsing option. It is hugely underrated.

I have a coworker who decided on the 5" SP9A3S with factory collapsing brace option after trying mine. It really is a heavenly match. In fact, I liked his 5" Stribog so much, I will probably buy a second Stribog in 5" length to do the factory collapsing/Romeo5 low mount combo again, with my SiCo Omega9k for a small bag gun.
View Quote

This has taken a back seat for now. Still deciding if I want to buy this. For me I have never tried the thin braces. Not sure if I would like the chin weld on those.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 10:20:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Over 1000 rounds on my Stribog A3S stock buffer and block with 20rd stick mags. It’s my favorite gun I’ve ever bought. We run it hard at the range running drills a couple times a month. Love this thing and don’t consider the “upgrades” in the OP as absolutely necessary.

The one thing I did change is I put reduced power JP AR springs in the trigger (AR springs are a 100% drop in fit) and it made the trigger twice as good  

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top