Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2024 5:00:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Macchina]
I have a somewhat ultralight SBR with a 10.5".  This was a parts gun I SBR'd awhile back and has turned into my most used AR by far.  I take it to the range about 3 times a month now that I'm shooting with a fun group of guys.  All my 16" and 18" guns have sat in the safe for the past 2 years or so.  I've always said I was going to upgrade the barrel soon to a 11.5" or 12.5" but decided instead to for a standard rifle as short as possible.

The KAK Mini Milspec system paired with a stock like the Magpul SL-M stock (1" shorter on the front than most all other AR stocks) makes for a much more compact system and per my last few range visits it's a very reliable compact tube!

The kit comes with everything you need to take an inch off your collapsed length and for me extends to the perfect length at full extension:

Finished product:

With a standard buffer tube (notice the 1" of buffer the SL-M can't collapse into):

And after install, the stock is flush with the endplate:

What comes in the kit:

KAK Mini-MilSpec on TOP and a standard buffer system on BOTTOM:

Legal length 24.5"!
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 5:22:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tortilla-flats] [#1]
I think that's an SL-M stock you're running. I've got 3 SL-Ks and 1 SL all on standard carbine (mil-spec) tubes and they all collapse all the way down.

I'm in the process of building a lower using the SL-M stock with the UCIW kit.

ETA: Nice looking SBR.
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 11:50:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tortilla-flats:
I think that's an SL-M stock you're running. I've got 3 SL-Ks and 1 SL all on standard carbine (mil-spec) tubes and they all collapse all the way down.

I'm in the process of building a lower using the SL-M stock with the UCIW kit.

ETA: Nice looking SBR.
View Quote
Yes, that's the SL-M. I use it on the LWRC UCIW buffer system.  M vs K

Link Posted: 7/20/2024 10:40:27 AM EDT
[#3]
You guys are right, it's an SL-M!
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 11:38:40 AM EDT
[#4]
It looks like there’s a version with even heavier, but longer buffers in the same short length buffer tube.  How well or differently do those work?
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 11:42:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By KalmanPhilter:
It looks like there’s a version with even heavier, but longer buffers in the same short length buffer tube.  How well or differently do those work?
View Quote

I have the heavier buffer version. It shoots softer than my original buffer setup (100% milspec) and no failures yet (10.5” barrel, 100% suppressed, Russian steel case).
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 7:50:44 AM EDT
[#6]
The Frugal Ferret: Honey Badger for the Poors (Pt1)/KAK Short Buffer Review

I’ve got one on the Frugal Ferret, H version as well. Really nice with subs, snappy with supers. For suppressed 5.56 I would definitely recommend an adjustable GB.
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 7:06:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: M-Forgery] [#7]
For a good reference, here is a picture of my  AAC 300 Blackout SBR with it's matching AAC suppressor model 762-SDN-6. I'm using the LWRCI UCIW buffer tube, action spring, and buffer. Topped off with a Magpul MOE  SL-M Carbine Stock. I have the UCIW stock but the Magpul is a little bit taller than the UCIW and feels better. I did find another AAC barrel assembly and Knight's URX III forend. along the way. The hunt is half the fun!

For comparison, the suppressor is 7.6 inches long.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/13/2024 3:15:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Macchina:
I have a somewhat ultralight SBR with a 10.5".  This was a parts gun I SBR'd awhile back and has turned into my most used AR by far.  I take it to the range about 3 times a month now that I'm shooting with a fun group of guys.  All my 16" and 18" guns have sat in the safe for the past 2 years or so.  I've always said I was going to upgrade the barrel soon to a 11.5" or 12.5" but decided instead to for a standard rifle as short as possible.

The KAK Mini Milspec system paired with a stock like the Magpul SL-M stock (1" shorter on the front than most all other AR stocks) makes for a much more compact system and per my last few range visits it's a very reliable compact tube!

The kit comes with everything you need to take an inch off your collapsed length and for me extends to the perfect length at full extension:

Finished product:
https://i.imgur.com/chfSPAz.jpeg

With a standard buffer tube (notice the 1" of buffer the SL-K can't collapse into):
https://i.imgur.com/R1S466f.jpeg

And after install, the stock is flush with the endplate:
https://i.imgur.com/NREdApl.jpeg

What comes in the kit:
https://imgur.com/a/ASbGnDN

KAK Mini-MilSpec on TOP and a standard buffer system on BOTTOM:
https://i.imgur.com/jCqnOQz.jpeg

Legal length 24.5"!
https://i.imgur.com/Z3v341X_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&fidelity=high
View Quote

that's an excellent looking setup!
Link Posted: 8/16/2024 3:33:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Macchina] [#9]
Took the Mini Fantastic to the range today.  I'm not certain, but I think it's even softer shooting with the Mini Milspec buffer system.  I did notice today that it's about 20% more force to rack the gun, the spring is definitely heavier than a MilSpec.
It's a really sweet setup for sure!  Still 100% functional with and without a can after 4 range visits.

Link Posted: 8/26/2024 9:56:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNRonin] [#10]
I've got an LWRC BS that I can use as a basis... Hmmmm

Just ordered the Kung Fu grip.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top