Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Tommybuilt T7, MP7 clones. (Page 12 of 12)
Page / 12
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 10:48:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 135Patriots] [#1]
How crap is the trigger on these? Suppose it doesn't matter all that much given the intended role

ETA accidental page ownage with a question, my bad yall
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 10:56:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 135Patriots:
How crap is the trigger on these? Suppose it doesn't matter all that much given the intended role

ETA accidental page ownage with a question, my bad yall
View Quote

The trigger is surprisingly good. I actually really like it.

Link Posted: 7/21/2024 11:08:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Simple unboxing video just to see exactly how they ship / what you get when you buy one:

Link Posted: 7/22/2024 12:00:13 AM EDT
[#4]
That's if you went for the bougie package... I got mine in a back pack and am happy with it
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 8:56:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By vellnueve:
That's if you went for the bougie package... I got mine in a back pack and am happy with it
View Quote

You obviously didn’t watch all 2:00 of it lol
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 9:49:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By BBOHACH:

You obviously didn’t watch all 2:00 of it lol
View Quote

To be fair my attention span is… wait…. What?

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 4:42:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Finally had a chance to run mine through a decent amount of rounds today. Functioned really well….my last 4 x 40s and 3 x 30s had zero malfunctions and locked back on empty.

Put about 400 rounds total through it.

She does get hot quick, and dirty as hell.

Having a weird issue currently…cleaned it once I got home, put it back together, go to function check and now I’m getting a dead trigger every time I charge it but if I let the trigger reset after pulling it, the second pull drops the hammer.

I emailed Tommy this afternoon so hopefully he’ll have some ideas on how to fix it and hopefully it’s something simple because until that happened I was ecstatic with the performance so far.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 11:07:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By MikeMilligan:

My gun was barely cycling with Fiocchi and when fired cases did eject they piled up in a nice group just a couple feet away from me. That makes me think the Fiocchi is a bit underpowered for the type of gun it would be used in, or the gun just needs a suppressor and hotter ammo. Or break-in isn't complete. Too soon to tell frankly with only about 75 rounds through it.
View Quote

Update: my T7 runs now. Apparently Tom discovered a piece of brass underneath the gas port. I'm still waiting for my SBR approval and for B&T to send my can back. But the gun itself runs so it was a good week.

Link Posted: 8/3/2024 11:24:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By BBOHACH:

You obviously didn't watch all 2:00 of it lol
View Quote
He didn't even watch 30 seconds of it...  
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 1:02:10 PM EDT
[#10]
TommyBuilt T7 Part 2... It's worse than before!

Not my video and no dog in this fight…just saw this a few days ago.
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 3:31:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By bluedog82:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYypZl6NdP0

Not my video and no dog in this fight…just saw this a few days ago.
View Quote

I watched that...He said don't comment about how he should clean it because guns shouldn't need to be cleaned...when a pipe cleaner through the firing pin channel and examining the springs in the bolt head might have fixed his problem. Then he lost his cool and slammed his gun on the table, but at least he took the time to edit the music on his video.

Everyone's used to their Glock 19s and ARs that have 60 years of development and refinement, to the point people apply those standards to every brand new gun. A more helpful message would have been that the T7 does have some kinks to work out, and here's what he learned after cleaning it again...Then he could still say that he doesn't think it's worth buying yet. Instead he just gave us a lame rage-fest.  

Link Posted: 8/3/2024 8:04:25 PM EDT
[#12]
I actually hate watching videos. Don’t know what it is but I enjoy a good text review over a video review.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 7:54:49 AM EDT
[#13]
I actually hate watching videos. Don’t know what it is but I enjoy a good text review over a video review.
View Quote

I am the same. I cannot stand video reviews. Videos of fullauto…love them. Videos with some boner unnecessarily droning on…..terrible.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 11:36:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 12:54:42 PM EDT
[#15]
After watching dozens of videos, going through hundreds of pages across several forums. WAIT for Ver / MOD 2. Looks like there's talks about revising the bolt, front end cap and rear cap (R. cap has been show in videos to slap the trigger forward causing the trigger to fall, safety YIKES.).
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 1:04:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By kel:
Simple unboxing video just to see exactly how they ship / what you get when you buy one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kAe9kmqPN8
View Quote

Pins were already walked out or not even close to being installed lol
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 6:43:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By JoshNC:

I am the same. I cannot stand video reviews. Videos of fullauto…love them. Videos with some boner unnecessarily droning on…..terrible.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JoshNC:

Video reviews I am running at 1.5-1.75x speed.
Link Posted: 8/31/2024 12:09:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Slimjim] [#18]
Garand thumbs video drops tomorrow, sunday.

But its not looking too good,EDIT: Instagram deleted the video of it working, but the newest video shows it not working.
Link Posted: 9/1/2024 1:17:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Slimjim:
Garand thumbs video drops tomorrow, sunday.

But its not looking too good, he has since deleted a video of it working he posted to insta and posted a video of it not working.
View Quote

Just watched that  Garandthumb review today.  That was pretty rough review to say the least.   Sounds like he experienced very similar problems many others have reported online with their T7s.

Link Posted: 9/1/2024 1:22:55 PM EDT
[#20]
I take it that second drop isn't coming, or at least for a hot minute.

On one hand I'm kind of glad I missed it the first time around, on the other the pile of 4.6 ammo I've been sitting on for 6 months hurts to look at.
Link Posted: 9/1/2024 7:14:18 PM EDT
[#21]
How Good Is The New US Made MP7 From TommyBuilt?
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 8:27:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By SM0KESCREEN:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8HHavHDLAc
View Quote

Yeah - that's not good at all...

Is his just a lemon or are others having the same problems?
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 9:01:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:

Yeah - that's not good at all...

View Quote

Mines been far from perfect but I’m still willing to give Tom a chance to make it right.

First 100 rounds: 5 stoppages of various kinds

Next 200 rounds: Perfect, no issues across 4 different mags

Got it home, and the trigger bar had broke and the trigger wouldn’t trip the sear.

Replaced the trigger bar with parts Tom sent me, took it back to the range.

Next 200 rounds, the piston had mushroomed and was causing drag across the entire cycle and it was basically acting like it was under gassed.

Got a new piston from Tom, adjusted the gas plug to hopefully take the gas a bit and I ran it another 200 rounds with 2 stoppages at the beginning.

Haven’t shot enough more to know if the new piston is gonna mushroom again. It’s definitely an item I’m worried about.

That said Tom has been nothing but receptive in sending parts and offering to take a look at it (I’d rather work on it myself and not ship it).

I’m willing to give him a shot to make it right and work the bugs out…I hate being a beta tester on a 4k gun but it is what it is and shit happens. I’m pretty certain it’ll be running 100% relatively soon as Tom makes changes to the parts / design specs.
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 9:11:23 AM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

Lots of issues. A lot of TommyBuilt defenders, especially on HKPro, but either way the T7 isn't ready for prime time. The original MP7 is apparently a very problematic design and I suspect between pitfalls in reverse engineering and some material selection choices that Tom has a lot of work ahead of him - and that some guns will just never run right.

Given that this is a polymer receiver with metal parts heat-staked in any deviation in polymer from the original formula (which is probably proprietary), especially with the suppressor (which everyone wants because JSOC but spikes heat trapped in the gun), is going to result in polymer expansion which will affect something else. Sounds like some of the gas parts weren't properly spec'd or heat treated either, so all in all? It's gonna be a while before these run like sewing machines.
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 11:51:38 AM EDT
[#25]
I just got mine back from tommy built a couple weeks ago. FTE, FTE with double feeding. Fiocchi blue box can shoot 1-4 rounds before one of those issues happens, hornady black only shoots 1 round with a FTE, and S&B doesn't pull the casing out of the chamber at all.
He replaced my bolt and extractor, I'll see how it runs today since I got the day off.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 12:06:18 AM EDT
[#26]
I haven’t had a chance to shoot mine since the first 350ish rounds (problem free) because I’ve been moving. Hopefully I’ll be able to get a few more boxes downrange soon.
Page / 12
Next Page Arrow Left
Tommybuilt T7, MP7 clones. (Page 12 of 12)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top