Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2024 5:42:47 PM EDT
Looking for input on attempting to try this style of clipping and porting the new style XRT enginerred cone over radial.
Tried to replicate the design best I could in freeCAD, so dont mind the small details, this is how they really look but you get the idea: https://xrtengineered.com/shop/1-025%e2%80%b3-modular-valve-spring-retainers/

The concept is based off some comercial cans that rely on spinning the gasses within to retain them for longer inside the body. The clip and port are both offest from center to create a jet that will make the gasses spin. Has this been tested before? If not, how does the working theory of it "sound" (to all you pros out there)?

Link Posted: 5/25/2024 11:59:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KalmanPhilter] [#1]
If you look at Liberty Precision baffles (and I recall supporting comments on the Form1.org forum) putting the port in line with the clip seems to work well.  Spinning gases doesn’t cross jet the high pressure gas that is drafting the bullet. Once gas is off the bore line ports that reduce stagnation are useful for bulk flow and resisting back-flow (example being Griffin eco-flow edge ports).  In that step / parallel feature location lining port up with clips probably gives the most effective cross-jetting flow.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 2:19:13 PM EDT
[#2]
There may have been earlier trials/designs, but, I'd link this type of flow manipulation to Doug Olson, circa 1980's.
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 12:50:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the knowledgable input guys! That totally makes sense now.  Looks like I wont be trying that idea...

Will these style of cones benefit from porting below the clip?  They do look very similar to the liberty spark baffles, but the spark does not have any porting from what I can tell.
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 2:21:42 PM EDT
[#4]
That’s what I was referring to (porting below / in line with the clip).  Thus post has a distal end / insude of cone view of a Liberty Anthem.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NFA/comments/12r3at9/comment/jh38wsl/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top