Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/10/2024 7:09:23 AM EDT
Or rather I can, but when that tight all the rounds won't go in. How do y'all fit a clamp tightly enough not to slide, but not so tight that rounds can go past easily?
This is the SDS MAC2.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 7:27:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Interesting...  Probably a stupid question, but you do have the "spacer" that slides in between the barrel and mag tube, that sits between the two halves of the clamp?  Is one side (or both) of the barrel clamp bent a little, therefore not clamp I ng down on the barrel/mag tube.    I've not run into this on either of mine,  but in for details.   Good luck!
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 7:39:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Timberghost:
Interesting...  Probably a stupid question, but you do have the "spacer" that slides in between the barrel and mag tube, that sits between the two halves of the clamp?  Is one side (or both) of the barrel clamp bent a little, therefore not clamp I ng down on the barrel/mag tube.    I've not run into this on either of mine,  but in for details.   Good luck!
View Quote
It's a Strike Industries https://www.opticsplanet.com/strike-industries-12-gauge-shotgun-barrel-clamp.html

It's all in one piece. The original clamp did have the insert, but I stripped the screw trying to clamp it down so as not to slide.
I got the SI to add a light (using a TLR 1). What clamp are you using?
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 12:59:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, I am just using what came with my MAC2, but that obviously does not accommodate your flashlight mount.   Sorry, but good luck and let us know what you figure out!
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 3:27:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Timberghost:
Well, I am just using what came with my MAC2, but that obviously does not accommodate your flashlight mount.   Sorry, but good luck and let us know what you figure out!
View Quote
Will do. What I imagine I'm going to have to do is shim up the part that goes around the barrel so that the bottom part that goes around the magazine won't squeeze as tightly.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 3:31:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OHBuckeyes] [#5]
Originally Posted By Brawnydog:
Or rather I can, but when that tight all the rounds won't go in. How do y'all fit a clamp tightly enough not to slide, but not so tight that rounds can go past easily?
This is the SDS MAC2.
View Quote

Mine had several problems, I sent it in for repair and they said it was so screwed up they couldn't fix it and sent me an M4 clone instead. I think mine was called like SDS Duo.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 4:15:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By OHBuckeyes:

Mine had several problems, I sent it in for repair and they said it was so screwed up they couldn't fix it and sent me an M4 clone instead. I think mine was called like SDS Duo.
View Quote
Mine has otherwise been fine. Had to loktite all the screws, but other than that, no issues. Well, the hardware is soft. I stripped the front sight screw and the original barrel clamp screw.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 5:43:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Never had an issue with the factory M2 mag clamp moving.  The factory benelli +4 mag tube also has a indentation in the tube where the mag clamp clamps!
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 11:31:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Blain:
Never had an issue with the factory M2 mag clamp moving.  The factory benelli +4 mag tube also has a indentation in the tube where the mag clamp clamps!
View Quote
I'm wondering if it's because of the way I hold the gun, like I'm allowing too much movement in recoil. It's just odd that I seem to be the only person who has ever had a problem with the magazine clamp.
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 8:06:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Brawnydog:
I'm wondering if it's because of the way I hold the gun, like I'm allowing too much movement in recoil. It's just odd that I seem to be the only person who has ever had a problem with the magazine clamp.
View Quote

You are not the only one.....Mag tube clamps moving forward under recoil has been a common issue for years. If the clamp fits the mag tube reasonably well some lapping compound or resin inside the clamp where it touches the mag tube can help hold the clamp in place. Double sided tape has been used too with varied results. The Nordic mag tube extensions with the clamping groove machined in them have been the most successful idea in keeping the clamp from sliding forward.
Link Posted: 7/13/2024 1:57:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By GunCat:

You are not the only one.....Mag tube clamps moving forward under recoil has been a common issue for years. If the clamp fits the mag tube reasonably well some lapping compound or resin inside the clamp where it touches the mag tube can help hold the clamp in place. Double sided tape has been used too with varied results. The Nordic mag tube extensions with the clamping groove machined in them have been the most successful idea in keeping the clamp from sliding forward.
View Quote
I saw that Nordic today just browsing the web. I noticed the cuts and figured it had to help. I thought about loktiting the part of the clamp that touches the barrel and magazine tube, but I'm not sure if it I can get it tight enough to eliminate air exposure so it can cure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top