Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2020 12:11:56 PM EDT
I am currently running a Holosun 503GU on a lower 1/3  Fortis mount but have been looking at the Mepro RDS Pro2, Eotech EXPS2 and  Vortex Razor AMG UH1 Gen2.  I'm leaning towards a holographic rather than LED red dot so that may leave the Mepro out.

Does anyone use one of these optics on a SAR/X95 or have any comments on either sight?  They look a little big (wide) for the rifle from an esthetic standpoint but I haven't seen many pictures of those optics on a SAR/X95.

Due to eyesight issues I need a reticle with a dot/circle.  I like my Holosun setup but get the itch once in awhile to spend money....LOL.  I'm just wondering if I would gain anything with the Vortex/Mepro/Eotech over the Holosun setup.  I just shoot at an indoor range which maxes at 100 yards.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 4:24:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the pro V2. It’s a big step up vs the older RDS especially in brightness. Max brightness is the equivalent to a T-2 setting 11. The v2 had 4 main setting and each of those has 4 more settings. I really like mine.

Setting 3 inside looking in bright sun

Setting 3 inside looking in bright sun

Cloud outside setting 2

V2 / T-7
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 5:30:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice T7!!  Thanks for the comments on the Mepro and pics.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 11:41:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm using a E O Tech 512 on my Tavor SAR but am using a YHM riser to give exact co-witness with the SAR  BUIS.    I like the holo sight and the 1 MOA dot with 65 MOA reticle.   I've seriously considered the Vortex Razor UH1 for my Tavor SAR.  I like the looks of the Meprolight RDS V2 but I'm concerned about longevity and the ability to get the Meprolight repaired if there is a problem.   The Vortex warranty is outstanding and adds to UH1 desirability for me.

I like the E O Tech and have considered the newer version EXPS with riser and 123 battery but they are pretty expensive and not the greatest warranty.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 1:48:55 PM EDT
[#4]
These pics may or not be helpful, but at least it may answer the width question concerning the Eotech EXPS2-0. The M21 is zeroed so I didn't want to take it off, sorry! I just got the Eotech and it is replacing the MRO green dot on my Mk18. Yes it is noticeably heavier, and yes the battery life pales in comparison to the MRO and most other sights, but to me those shortcomings are far over shadowed by the larger sight picture and speed of the reticle. And if you're ever interested in adding a magnifier, other than the M21, which magnifies perfectly, the Eotech is NOICE.

Link Posted: 7/19/2020 2:20:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the pics.  I've about decided on the EXPS2....
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 2:35:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Awesome sights. Ever consider a magnifier also? I have a Trijicon 3x behind my M21. I was never big into them until just recently. Now that I have, I love em. Have a G33 on the way to mate up with the EXPS2-0
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 11:17:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Run Mepro RDS Pro 1 and EXPS-2 on x95 and on SAR-16.  Both do fine. The EXPS is a bit faster at target acquisition owing to its larger view area- which out-weighs its shorter battery life, by me.  Both do quite well when backed up with a G-33 magnifier.

Both optics are quite robust and will withstand most mishandling of your firearm...  I would be confident using either in about any reasonable or even less-likely future in-America scenario we generally imagine. As I'm way no longer a combat doggie, I'll leave off any opinionation on whether these would be the best optics for "real combat activities by a full-time deployed infantryman in a hot AO".
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 12:27:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Have a eotech xps on a x95, good optic and no problems or concerns. Using a rds pro 2 on a steyr aug. very fun optic but it’s pretty fat. If I had to choose I like the rd pro 2 more then a 512 or 516 but the smaller profile and fact eotech has better warranty response makes me lean that way. Would like to try the vortex but haven’t yet.Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 11:02:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey! Another one of us "few, proud, and weird" who own a Daewoo!   Have a folder... Pretty neat carbine. The x95 really shows off the dramatic size comparison of a Tavor to a fixed-stock carbine.  When I picked my D up back in 1985 or '6, I thought of it as being "soooo much more compact" than my AR....  Being as the D folds...  Then, years later, along came the telescoping stocks now seemingly "standard" on AR's.  The D remains, however, one of my cherished carbines, as it folds, AND you can shoot it folded. But do hold on firmly when doing so...
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 1:59:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hey! Another one of us "few, proud, and weird" who own a Daewoo!   Have a folder... Pretty neat carbine. The x95 really shows off the dramatic size comparison of a Tavor to a fixed-stock carbine.  When I picked my D up back in 1985 or '6, I thought of it as being "soooo much more compact" than my AR....  Being as the D folds...  Then, years later, along came the telescoping stocks now seemingly "standard" on AR's.  The D remains, however, one of my cherished carbines, as it folds, AND you can shoot it folded. But do hold on firmly when doing so...
View Quote

They are fun rifles. I was looking for a K2 but they aren’t easy to find. While I am keeping the stock I am working to convert it over. If the butt stock ever shows up but it’s been delayed a good bit.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 8:22:26 AM EDT
[#11]
I had one about 13 years ago, very early in my gun career. Had it before I even had an AR. Mounted a pos Barska 3-9x scope and said it was my SDMR rifle due to the longer barell. Lol Man I wish I still had it.

That WASR next to it was a whopping $319, and while that was a better example of one, they were regarded as some of the worst AKs back then. I wish I still had that one too considering how much they go for now!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top