Page / 11
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 10:27:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Oooh I like those
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 2:01:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Found these extra large charging handles.

https://www.corwin-arms.com/product/xl-charging-handles-sa-61-scorpion-0
View Quote
Watch your thumbs!!!
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 9:44:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Finally got the email from Czech Point this afternoon. Ordered right away.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 11:42:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I just purchased a Vz61 from the Czechpoint restock, very excited for it to arrive and I've already picked up a few accessories.

Question on the magazines- I grabbed 3 from the gunbroker seller auctioning off 3-packs; the listing said they're factory CZ production, but all three are different.  Any ideas why they would be different?
Two are black and a bit shiny, the other is gray and very matte.  The gray has the two crossed swords stamp (very lightly stamped, didn't even notice it at first and not even visible in the photo) and what looks like a scratched in "TK" which I've seen on other mags in photos.  One of the black shiny mags has the crossed swords stamp and the other has the crossed swords emblem... what appears to be printed onto it, not stamped into the metal at all.  Just perplexing as I expected all 3 to be identical.

Quoted:
Side note: I stumbled across this while looking for a holster (yeahyeahyeah I know its airsoft 3D printed stuff but it could give some ideas. Plus the holster actually seems really neat IMO and the tri-rail could be handy. Doubt the optic mount would work but could offer ideas)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdHWtqYDc58
View Quote
I picked up that holster already, seems neat.  The plastic is very stiff and hard, will probably scrape hard against the Skorp , but of course I haven't gotten to try it on a Skorp yet.

Edit: I'm using image tags but it doesn't seem to be working.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 11:45:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I just purchased a Vz61 from the Czechpoint restock, very excited for it to arrive and I've already picked up a few accessories.

Question on the magazines- I grabbed 3 from the gunbroker seller auctioning off 3-packs; the listing said they're factory CZ production, but all three are different.  Any ideas why they would be different?
Two are black and a bit shiny, the other is gray and very matte.  The gray has the two crossed swords stamp (very lightly stamped, didn't even notice it at first and not even visible in the photo) and what looks like a scratched in "TK" which I've seen on other mags in photos.  One of the black shiny mags has the crossed swords stamp and the other has the crossed swords emblem... what appears to be printed onto it, not stamped into the metal at all.  Just perplexing as I expected all 3 to be identical.

https://imgur.com/WWgeTq3

I picked up the holster, seems neat.  The plastic is very stiff and hard, will probably scrape hard against the Skorp , but of course I haven't gotten to try it on a Skorp yet.

https://imgur.com/yECUGSK
View Quote
The crossed swords was the Czechoslovakian Ministry of Defense proof mark.  Sounds like different eras of production.

CD
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 12:02:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Sounds like different eras of production.
View Quote
Aha, makes sense.  Thanks.

Some discussion around "improvements" to the gun:

1. Has anyone considered (or done) having the rear plate of the lower receiver milled down from the backside and the stock adapter welded on rather than screwed on?  Goal would be achieving the original design's dimensions of this area with the welding hopefully maintaining structural integrity.  So the curve of the wire stock would set into the curve of the rear of the receiver as intended.

2. Has anyone considered having the rear sight removed and have a flat RMR mounting plate (or a rail section) welded in its place?  I saw the very cool implementation R3dundantC did on page 1, but that sets the stock even further back.

I came across this very cool solution for folding the stock over an RMR... on a Taiwanese airsoft forum.  I used google translate to read about it, the user designed a CNC file and had the modified stock machined from aluminum.  I also tried messaging him (using translate again) but didn't get any response.
http://www.arms-cool.net/forum/thread-147902-1-8.html

3. Is modification for installing the Rate Reducer as simple as drilling the two holes in the rear of the receiver?  If so, does anyone know what the exact diameter is?

4. Steel selectors!!  Haha, throwing my vote into the "these would sell very well" hat.
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 10:35:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

1. Has anyone considered (or done) having the rear plate of the lower receiver milled down from the backside and the stock adapter welded on rather than screwed on?  Goal would be achieving the original design's dimensions of this area with the welding hopefully maintaining structural integrity.  So the curve of the wire stock would set into the curve of the rear of the receiver as intended.

2. Has anyone considered having the rear sight removed and have a flat RMR mounting plate (or a rail section) welded in its place?  I saw the very cool implementation R3dundantC did on page 1, but that sets the stock even further back.

I came across this very cool solution for folding the stock over an RMR... on a Taiwanese airsoft forum.  I used google translate to read about it, the user designed a CNC file and had the modified stock machined from aluminum.  I also tried messaging him (using translate again) but didn't get any response.
https://imageshack.com/a/img921/3483/w3MBlW.jpg

3. Is modification for installing the Rate Reducer as simple as drilling the two holes in the rear of the receiver?  If so, does anyone know what the exact diameter is?

4. Steel selectors!!  Haha, throwing my vote into the "these would sell very well" hat.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sounds like different eras of production.

1: If you dig back to before CP started drilling and tapping the receivers there's some examples of guys welding on the stock mount

2: doubt it'd hold zero. The sheet metal is extremely thin there. R3dundantC's mount would be best (BTW, that extra 1.5" in length would only help....the stock is absolutely tiny), only other option is mounting to the barrel like I did and I wouldn't exactly recommend it. Some Czech company makes a red dot+mount for them but I cannot get a reply from them or their US distributors.

That stock mod would work great but would be stupid easy to make without a CNC machine. Just cut the original stock, bend the right size rod to fit around your optic, splice in where necessary, reweld and refinish

3: I personally have no idea, hopefully someone can chime in.

4: steel selectors would be awesome!
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 7:54:49 AM EDT
[#8]
This VZ61 was built on a RT receiver. I'm reposting the pics due to broken links.

Link Posted: 7/2/2018 8:07:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Question:
How many RT receivers were made?
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 4:59:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Century needs to import the Zastava M84.
Or some parts kits.

My steel selector project is waiting on a weekend for an open machine.....

Taking advantage of MasterCAM!
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 7:28:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Where is the best place to get magazines for these. And have any of you had issues with American made ammo? I have Remington at work but CzechPoint recommends Prvi and S&B ammo.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 9:32:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Where is the best place to get magazines for these. And have any of you had issues with American made ammo? I have Remington at work but CzechPoint recommends Prvi and S&B ammo.
View Quote
Joes Pawn on gunbroker. Buy at least a dozen.
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 12:18:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Has anyone found a speedloader that works with Skorp magazines?  I wonder if any of the MagLula products fit.
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 12:36:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Has anyone found a speedloader that works with Skorp magazines?  I wonder if any of the MagLula products fit.
View Quote
I have noy found one, Ihave been thinking about trimming down a 1911 mag adaptor to make it wide enough to fit the Vz61 mag, I have yet to try it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 5:29:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Got my threaded upper from CZ.  Love it with my Gemtech GM45, does great.  Very quiet.

Attachment Attached File

Fits good in the case from WRB (four gun case).  Have to unscrew the arm brace to fit, but doesn't take any longer than screwing on the suppressor.  I had the A*B Arms side folder on it for awhile, looked and felt great, but no way to lock it in place. It's seems to be for .22lr ARs only.  I will get a Hera adapter when I can find one in stock for a decent price.

Attachment Attached File

Pic of the A*B Arms side folder with brace.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 5:09:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 12:28:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I like that holster - Where did you score that?  ebay has some military camo holsters listed in Czech Republic but are of a different flap and closure style.  Yours is very cool!

View All Quotes
I think it was on Ebay 10+ years ago.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 9:59:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Earlier a few of us were talking about a Maglula for double stacked 32ACP mags, I mentioned modifying a 1911 adaptor so I tried it.

It works nicely for straight 32ACP mags, Beretta 81, and CZ83, but it did not work for the VZ61, the mag is a bit longer along the shell length and the mouth of the magazine is a bit narrower. I just useda file to widen out the insert

I need to upload the pics give me a few,
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 7:20:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Earlier a few of us were talking about a Maglula for double stacked 32ACP mags, I mentioned modifying a 1911 adaptor so I tried it.

It works nicely for straight 32ACP mags, Beretta 81, and CZ83, but it did not work for the VZ61, the mag is a bit longer along the shell length and the mouth of the magazine is a bit narrower. I just useda file to widen out the insert

I need to upload the pics give me a few
View Quote
Aw.  Maglula makes an MP5 loader, maybe that would work.
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 11:58:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I need to upload the pics give me a few
I have one, I will try it out on the VZ61 mags
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 5:10:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
What's the width between the rails on the VZ61 stock normally?

The Reason I ask is RMR is a little wider than most other Mini red dots and there is a new version of the Shield red dot (the RMS-c) made specifically for narrow slides of single stacked handguns.  It's only .9" wide.  That's over a 1/4" more narrow than a RMR.  It MIGHT fit mounted on top like that without modifying the stock.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 7:47:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Does anyone know if czechpoint is going to get more of these, or do I have to pay gunbroker prices?

I'm really wanting a threaded bbl version to go with my EVO.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 11:33:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if czechpoint is going to get more of these, or do I have to pay gunbroker prices?

View Quote
Hold off. I waited six months for mine to come in. Worth it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 11:55:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
I was told by Czechpoint that every two weeks they update thier website, it was either thursday evening or friday evening.  About a month later the threaded 32acp version became available.  So be patient and keep looking at the website.
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 7:34:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I was told by Czechpoint that every two weeks they update thier website, it was either thursday evening or friday evening.  About a month later the threaded 32acp version became available.  So be patient and keep looking at the website.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is my experience as well. It seems like the price goes up $5 each time...
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 2:37:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Supply of parts kits shrinking, demand rising.
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 8:22:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Precisely.
It would be interesting if Zastava could offer Century a legal M84 pistol to offer in the USA. What I've seen offered in Canada are converted factory auto receivers.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 2:40:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The Reason I ask is RMR is a little wider than most other Mini red dots and there is a new version of the Shield red dot (the RMS-c) made specifically for narrow slides of single stacked handguns.  It's only .9" wide.  That's over a 1/4" more narrow than a RMR.  It MIGHT fit mounted on top like that without modifying the stock.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I believe it's .75".

Quoted:
I have one, I will try it out on the VZ61 mags
Any luck with the MP5 loader?
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 2:22:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Any luck with the MP5 loader?
View Quote
Nope, not even close, I am far from a machinist, I do not see a feasible way to make it work.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 11:13:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Ordered a threaded bbl, 32acp version from Brownells for $605 and free shipping.

These no longer come with a stock. I want to sbr mine. Where can one find a decent price stock? Czechpoint wants $58. That seems a little high.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:45:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Anyone in here not have a brace or stock on the back and can give me the dimmensions between the two stock mount holes (center to center)? I really don't want to take mine apart if I don't have to, its a bitch to get the brace back on there straight

Looking for a folding mechanism that'll work is why, most are .625 center to center (ie stormwerkz)
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 4:12:36 PM EDT
[#32]
I wouldn't go nuts trying to make mag loaders for these until you've loaded one.  They are honestly one of the easiest mags to load.  Minimal effort all the way to full.  It's no STEN mag.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 5:26:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I wouldn't go nuts trying to make mag loaders for these until you've loaded one.  They are honestly one of the easiest mags to load.  Minimal effort all the way to full.  It's no STEN mag.
View Quote
I might be the only one, but, I always have to smile a little when I load those magazines.  Looks like a miniature to me still.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 8:06:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Question:
How many RT receivers were made?
View Quote
I'll check my serial number later.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 6:10:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Anyone else's bolt hold open kind of finicky?

I believe the safety is designed to fully actuate the bolt hold open, but mine only partially actuates it, such that it only partially prevents pulling the bolt back when on safe (and no mag inserted).
I either pull it a little extra hard to pop it past the bolt hold, or jiggle it back and forward a bit until it gets past.  Isn't this supposed to be fully prevented?
It also does that slight-catching on letting the bolt go back forward after having it pulled all the way back.

Could I potentially just remove the actuator bar between the safety and BHO so there is no interaction between the two?
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 4:38:16 PM EDT
[#36]
No issues with mine about the bolt hold open and the safety, but mine (.380 model) only will fully lock the bolt back on an empty mag about 10% of the time.

The other times, it just hangs up on the empty mag.  If I pull the mag the bolt slams forward, or I can pull the bolt back and if I push in on the bolt hold open button, get the bolt to lock back.

Anyone else have issues with the 380 or 9x18mm versions locking the bolt back on an empty mag?

Is the bolt not going back far enough to fully lock back?  I'm running it with PPU ammo with FMJ bullets - not sure what would have more blowback force unless I went to Federal HST's or some $$$ ammo.

It does this even with a suppressor on it, which you'd think would increase the bolt velocity.

Other than that, everything works well on mine - it's a handy little gun, and with the pistol brace, quite accurate and fun to shoot.

I'd like to put a Hera side folding stock adapter to be able to fold down the stock (err, brace, yes brace!), but they're out of stock everywhere.  Has anyone actually bought one of these in the past year or so?

Link Posted: 8/29/2018 6:22:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 8:08:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Brownells is stocking CSA products now. They have them in stock more than CP and you can use whatever discounts you can wrangle.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 9:58:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Owners of 380 and 9x18 versions. Could you measure and draw a top view (looking down into mag) sketch.

I am thinking that genuine early style (Powder Springs) M11-380 mags (STEEL!) could be modified to fit with a replacement mag follower to trip the bolt hold open function.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 5:50:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Brownells is stocking CSA products now. They have them in stock more than CP and you can use whatever discounts you can wrangle.
View Quote
This. Got mine from Brownells, $605 free shipping for threaded bbl.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 8:49:35 PM EDT
[#41]
New brace option coming from techsmith.
https://www.facebook.com/1958241654203297/posts/2345118295515629/
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 9:17:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's hawt
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 3:30:40 PM EDT
[#43]
I like it. I hope I inspired it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 4:52:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
That’s quite nifty but I couldnt get over messing with the traditional styling
I wish I could do a plate or something for for a RMR/deltapoint but keep the OEM stock
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 5:05:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
I wonder how hard this would be. I’d love a micro red dot
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 5:27:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Secondly,
Who is welding on bottom rails for lights?

ETA like this:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 12:04:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not hard at all really. Do like in the picture (widening the stock to go around the dot) but mount the dot on a block between the stock mount and the back of the receiver so at least it'll kinda hold zero. You'll need to lengthen the stock then an inch or so but that'st not gonna hurt anything for damn sure

The hardest part would be making the block. Not hard per se, but you will need a mill to do it right.....or get it 3D printed. Email [email protected] (this is his website) to see if he can make it for you. He's very fast at prototyping and making random gun related stuff and is pretty reasonable on the pricing. Hell he may start offering the things
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 12:05:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Secondly,
Who is welding on bottom rails for lights?

ETA like this:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/184182/392B9170-757B-4FB3-B27A-C1E4443C89BA_jpeg-706344.JPG
View Quote
Czechpoint sells VZ.61s with rails now
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 10:12:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Czechpoint sells VZ.61s with rails now
View Quote
I don’t see it listed in the spare parts gallery. Any idea if they sell them separately too?
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 10:22:23 PM EDT
[#50]
The rails are integrated into the receiver. It's not an aftermarket part
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top