Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2024 7:13:09 PM EDT
So if I'm understanding this correctly, the new breed of B&T Rotex cans are HUB-Compatible, and ship with a mount which works with all SureFire SOCOM muzzle devices...  and this mount is available separately.

So if the can is HUB threaded, and the SF-Compatible mount fits it .... then I can now buy one of these mounts and have ALL my HUB threaded cans fit to all my SF muzzle devices?

Right? Am I missing something?

Link Posted: 7/22/2024 9:31:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, although they are pricey @$355.  I brought a B&T suppressor which included one for $950.  I use it on my B&T SBR with a B&T Rotex/SF Flash Hider. It locks up pretty tight.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 4:14:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: romad99] [#2]
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 4:36:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Something to keep in mind; I contacted CS and they shipped one out to me pretty quickly:

https://bt-usa.com/support/product-support/

B&T HUB Technical Bulletin
Through continual research and development, B&T engineers have noted that some generations of SureFire SOCOM 4-Prong muzzle devices have a steeper taper than either open tine WarComp or 3-Prong Flash hider models. These steeper taper dimensions may cause alignment issues when used with B&T Rotex-SF HUB compatible suppressors.

The SureFire 4-Prong flash hider is/was used by select US Military and specialized allied NATO units and has seen a limited release on the US commercial market, primarily as a special run purchased and sold by Geissele Automatics on its URG-I Upper Receiver Groups.

If you intend on using your B&T Rotex-SF HUB assembly in conjunction with a SureFire SOCOM-Series open tine flash hider, please contact B&T USA Customer Service for an upgraded reinforcement ring provided at no-charge, courtesy of B&T USA.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 8:53:05 PM EDT
[#4]
This is fantastic news. I already have an RC2 556 but I really wanted my other .30 cal cans to have the same mounting std. Now I can ditch all my keymo stuff.

Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 9:27:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By romad99:
I have sold a couple of the stand along HUB and a 556 version of an SRBS.  They are all very nice.  I have a demo ROTEX 556 Mini K that I like.

FYI, according to a repeat customer, the B&T SF adapter HUB that comes on 556 cans apparently does not work on 762 SF muzzle devices.  The customer contacted B&T and they confirmed if it comes with a 556 suppressor it's purposely made NOT to work on 762 devices as a safety measure.
View Quote

I assume the B&T adapter must have a 5.56 aperture built into it?
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 9:28:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 10:52:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ECCO_Machine] [#7]
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 6:19:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CJofFL] [#8]
Originally Posted By KM6: I assume the B&T adapter must have a 5.56 aperture built into it?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KM6: I assume the B&T adapter must have a 5.56 aperture built into it?
Originally Posted By romad99: Yeah, I guess.
No. *Some* manufacturers, including Surefire, make adapters/suppressors fit same caliber or smaller (but not larger) muzzle devices. So, 5.56 suppressor fits 5.56 md, but 7.62 suppressor fits 5.56 md and 7.62 md. They do so with certain go and no go dimensions on the exterior of the md and interior of the adapter/suppressor.
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 9:30:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 9:33:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 11:53:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 2:22:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CJofFL] [#12]
Originally Posted By ECCO_Machine: I don't know of any manufacturer other than Surefire who does this.
View Quote
Surefire, B&T copied it above, and Huxwrx is another. While I don't know them all, perhaps others can chime in. Regardless, point taken and I'll edit my previous post to indicate "some" instead of "many".

ETA: And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it would be a desirable feature for adapters. Whereas it may be a desirable feature for integral proprietary mount suppressors. I used the term adapter before because of the B&T adapter mentioned above by romad99.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top