Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 154
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 6:51:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the replies, so just get a ALS that will fit a RMR & the light I run?
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 9:13:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PA-Minuteman:
Thanks for the replies, so just get a ALS that will fit a RMR & the light I run?
View Quote

To start, yes. You will eventually get more specific tastes as you run your gear more.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 9:18:57 PM EDT
[#3]
View Quote

Safariland is going to pigeon hole you into a streamlight or surefire light, but you were probably going to buy one of those two anyway.

Link Posted: 6/7/2024 9:32:53 PM EDT
[#4]
What are you guys using for your holsters on your belts?

I need to get a new holster setup for my battle belt due to me getting my G19 cut for a RMR. Is the ALS still the way to go?

Also how are you mounting it to the belt?
View Quote

Tier 1 Concealment Spara holster with belt loops on my Asstec belt. Bordertown holster on a Bladetech MOLLE Tek Lok on my HSGI belt.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 10:16:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Deny_Everything:

Safariland is going to pigeon hole you into a streamlight or surefire light, but you were probably going to buy one of those two anyway.

View Quote
Yeah I'm going to use an old Surefire 300V on my pistol so it works for me
Link Posted: 6/8/2024 2:11:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By CJ47:

True North MHA + Safariland.

No better way to do it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I need to get a new holster setup for my battle belt due to me getting my G19 cut for a RMR. Is the ALS still the way to go?

No better way to do it.

Bang Hanger + Safariland is the better way. Bonus points for the Shaw Sidekick articulating leg strap, negative points for the scrap wrap job.  :)

Seriously, the MHA could be an uncomfortable sonofabitch.  Solid, indestructible, but didn't play nice with your hip or thigh at times.  Bang Hanger is Tegris (new version is now CURV), so it flexes instead of digging into your meat, but still very rigid on the draw. And it's lighter.

And as seen in the first picture, I'm also a Wilder inner belt enjoyer.

Link Posted: 6/8/2024 10:41:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Interesting set up in which the shooter has the buckle oriented to the back.  This the Tactical Games, so lots of CrossFit type stuff, I suppose it keeps one from getting pinched when bending over sharply or squatting.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C76g8RNxW6_/?igsh=MWFjdnhtY3JsY2Nn

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/8/2024 4:37:06 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote
I have a UBL and an MHA, getting ready to try a Bang Hanger. I'm hoping for it to sit a little closer, both the MHA and UBL cant in and put the grip outboard from where I want it.

And One Wrap is life.
Link Posted: 6/9/2024 9:34:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Has anyone used FSBE MOLLE belt panels on a regular belt? I have put a rifle and pistol magazine pouch on one, and an AK magazine pouch and bayonet on another, but I haven't used either in competition or training. The idea is to just keep a minimal amount of gear in a case that can be used in a pinch.

They have Velcro strip on the inside that closes the internal dimensions to the width of a regular belt, but can be opened to slide onto a 2" belt.
Link Posted: 6/10/2024 9:14:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Croak:

Bang Hanger + Safariland is the better way. Bonus points for the Shaw Sidekick articulating leg strap, negative points for the scrap wrap job.  :)

Seriously, the MHA could be an uncomfortable sonofabitch.  Solid, indestructible, but didn't play nice with your hip or thigh at times.  Bang Hanger is Tegris (new version is now CURV), so it flexes instead of digging into your meat, but still very rigid on the draw. And it's lighter.

https://imgur.com/9PXQzyf.jpg
https://imgur.com/HopABSK.jpg
https://imgur.com/xjJW8f8.jpg

View Quote

Never seen that before! Thanks for sharing!

I've not had any issues with the MHA digging into me yet, but it's mostly been flat range work. And my body looks like a 2x10, so theres nothing for it to dig into
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 2:59:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Is the oldschool ATS warbelt been outclassed by the latest? Looking for a padded belt with the option for suspenders.

Been considering outfitting my old alice lc2 belt for S&Gs
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 10:49:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Boom_Stick:
Is the oldschool ATS warbelt been outclassed by the latest? Looking for a padded belt with the option for suspenders.

View Quote

The ATS has a tendency to roll and sag heavily when loaded. The one I had did not have any sort of stiffener. My HSGI belts are better all-around, but you're going to pay more.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 1:14:43 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

No better way to do it.

I found that to be the case with me as well with the True North. Ended up taking it off.

Checking out the Bang Hanger now.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 10:26:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hoody2shoez] [#14]
Axl eclipse belt in desert tiger. One of one.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 1:35:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: norco] [#15]
Attachment Attached File

Finally done, from left to right:

VTAC belt.
Esstac 1+2 with 2011 inserts
BFG pouch with surefire light
Dump pouch
LTC med kit
Safariland holster with thumb release
BFG mag pouch for an extra mag or whatever

All off the EE minus the 2011 inserts, med pouch, and the belt slide for the holster/the guard. I don’t want to add up the cost

Link Posted: 7/6/2024 8:11:25 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

@Boom_Stick

I like mine.  Would by it again.

Link Posted: 7/7/2024 1:59:51 AM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

I don't think so, it's pretty similar to the BFG SOC-C I use, and I'm very content with it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 1:39:01 PM EDT
[#18]
I haven't been in this thread in a year or so. Just thought I'd drop a pic since I haven't posted in awhile. Blue Alpha belt, Esstac mag carriers, BFG MTKN! With QC, pressure bandage,  compact chest seals,  etc. TQ. Ragnarok holster, 5.11 gloves. It suits me well. Simple and comfortable

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/15/2024 6:04:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Desert tiger axl belt
Currently the only one in existence

Attachment Attached File
Page / 154
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top