Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2024 9:40:50 AM EDT
Friend ask me for some info....

I have not done any research into it...main use is to scan the woods walking into the deer stand - to try not to spook anything..

Thank you in advance,

Red
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 11:11:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Right now the FLIR sale is probably the best bang for your buck. 35mm/30hz/640 res for $500.

https://www.flir.com/products/lsx-r?vertical=public+safety&segment=solutions
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 12:41:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MHIDPA:
Right now the FLIR sale is probably the best bang for your buck. 35mm/30hz/640 res for $500.

View Quote

The only drawback is the internal battery from what I've seen but it's only $500 so can't complain.
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 12:44:58 PM EDT
[#3]

View Quote

NOT a 640.

Detector Type
336 x 256 VOx Microbolometer
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 12:45:53 PM EDT
[#4]

View Quote

False

That unit is junk.
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 12:48:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bluemax_1] [#5]
Best bang for the buck right now:

Seek Nano 300 (320 sensor). $249. Uses your phone as the screen. Available for Android or iPhone with the older lightning connector (iPhone USB-C is upcoming, but not available yet).

Amazon Product
  • \u3010Must-Have Household Tool\u3011Detect heat loss, air leaks, water leaks, electrical issues, pests, and more with this thermal imager for comprehensive home maintenance, ensuring optimal energy efficiency. Extend the versatility of your thermal camera beyond home maintenance by utilizing it for everyday activities to see the world of thermal energy, spot objects in complete darkness, and enjoy outdoor activities like camping & hiking to spot wildlife in the dark.

I have the OG Seek Compact, and the Compact Pro XR for Android.

Waiting for the Nano 300 USB-C iPhone version to pair with my 15 ProMax.
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 1:40:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By bluemax_1:

NOT a 640.

Detector Type
View Quote

Use the drop down box and select the R version and look at the specs it clearly states the following

Detector Type
640 x 512 VOx Microbolometer
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 2:11:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By cheezzyizill:

Use the drop down box and select the R version and look at the specs it clearly states the following

Detector Type
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

NOT a 640.

Detector Type

Detector Type

That’s an impressive price for 640.

640 is generally still in the $,$$$ range. I wonder why the huge discount from the $4,279 MSRP?
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 2:50:37 PM EDT
[#8]
While not cheap by any means, I think this is the best deal going for thermal scanners.  The performance and features you get for the price is really incredible. I love mine.

https://outdoorlegacygear.com/products/infiray-outdoor-finder-fh35r-v2-lrf-640-thermal-monocular
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 2:50:43 PM EDT
[#9]

640 is generally still in the $,$$$ range. I wonder why the huge discount from the $4,279 MSRP?
View Quote

Probably clearing inventory they also have the Scion OTM366  on sale which is a better unit due not having an internal battery, 60hz, and on board storage.

There's a bigger thread in GD with all the deals Flir is doing on their site. I'm thinking of biting the bullet on one of the options for sale.
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 3:06:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By cheeks:

False

That unit is junk.
View Quote

Care to expound on that?
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 7:19:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Care to expound on that?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cheeks:

False

That unit is junk.

Care to expound on that?

@cheeks

I’m curious, too. $500 seems too good to pass up for a 640 thermal, and FLIR has been around for some time.
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 8:27:48 PM EDT
[#12]
I wouldn’t give Flir the sweat off my balls. They abandon the civilian market. I sold my 223 after I read them leaving the market. Wasn’t that great of a thermal. Good luck getting warranty work from those turds. I picked up a Hogster vibe 35mm and love this thermal. But if you can get a 640 for a good price, get it. If money is tight, a 384 is good too. I can PID at 200 yards but can see good out to 500 yards. As prices come down, I may upgrade to a 640 but for now I’m happy with a 384 on my AR10.
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 8:46:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bluemax_1] [#13]

Probably clearing inventory they also have the Scion OTM366  on sale which is a better unit due not having an internal battery, 60hz, and on board storage.

There's a bigger thread in GD with all the deals Flir is doing on their site. I'm thinking of biting the bullet on one of the options for sale.
View All Quotes

Couldn’t resist, for $500 😅

Says the Scion is back ordered to 10/1.

I wonder why the MSRP is lower than the LS-XR (LS-XR MSRP $4,279. Scion OTM366 is $3,299)? The Scion has the 12um Boson core and quite a few more features. Sale price is almost double at $899, though still a great deal for 640.

Crazy to think my 640 was near $10k at the time. A backup 640 handheld scanner for $500? Wow.

Then again, the at-the-time top resolution 320 Mikron thermal scanner we used to check the racecars ~25’ish years ago, cost $30k
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 10:26:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ct78] [#14]
I’m so bummed i missed the opportunity for 640 thermal for $500. Fingers crossed other dealers get the approval from FLIR to blow them out at a discount.

EDIT: It turns out Amazon had some Scout III 320s on sale for $549 so I pulled the trigger to give it a try.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 9:09:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Burncycle] [#15]
I can't believe I missed it

What model was it? The link no longer works
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 1:52:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Burncycle:
I can't believe I missed it

What model was it? The link no longer works
View Quote

It was the FLIR LS-XR 640. They had it for sale for $499. The other deal was a Scion 640 handheld for $899. Then Amazon also had some Scout III 320s for $549.

Very wild times in liquidation land
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 3:29:19 AM EDT
[#17]
That's crazy, I happened to stumble across the scout iii on amazon at the sale price and picked it up thinking it was a mistake or refurbished and expecting it to cancel, but I guess it was legit. Quite a lead time on it, I wish I'd seen the FLIR LS-XR 640!
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 11:03:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Burncycle:
That's crazy, I happened to stumble across the scout iii on amazon at the sale price and picked it up thinking it was a mistake or refurbished and expecting it to cancel, but I guess it was legit. Quite a lead time on it, I wish I'd seen the FLIR LS-XR 640!
View Quote

Same here I missed all the FLIR direct site deals, but I capitalized on the Amazon Scout III deal.

Mine still hasn’t shipped yet, shows 8/11 - 8/13 delivery estimate.

FLIR has also been notifying a lot of the LS-XR buyers that they don’t have anymore inventory and are offering them Scout III’s instead.
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 9:32:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Glck1911:
While not cheap by any means, I think this is the best deal going for thermal scanners.  The performance and features you get for the price is really incredible. I love mine.

https://outdoorlegacygear.com/products/infiray-outdoor-finder-fh35r-v2-lrf-640-thermal-monocular
View Quote
Yep. The image quality is on a completely different level than the FLIRs being discussed. I've compared the LSXR and Finder side-by-side and the difference is significant.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 8:52:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top