Originally Posted By TROB:
Is this an illuminator or part of something bigger? Im coming up blank

https://i.imgur.com/13dRxlP.jpeg
View Quote

I feel like Augee will know this

Power connection looks the same as a PAS29
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 10:29:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Any good pics of part numbers or manufacturer?

Link Posted: 6/24/2024 10:48:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TROB] [#3]
Blurry, but it’s the best i have.

Link Posted: 6/25/2024 6:54:49 AM EDT
[#4]
PN:13735-3904-H
EID: 1YWM6

That EID comes back to a Cage Code for Safran / Optics 1, no joy on the part number.

https://www.supplycore.com/suppliers/optics-1/

https://www.lqlite.com/LQ_CAGE.aspx?CAGE=1YWM6&page=1
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 7:37:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Those are COTI 4 pin connectors.

It might be the external-only powered version of the COTI. Safran makes versions that do not have a battery compartment. Pics aren't great quality but I think these are external-powered COTIs.

Where are these/where is the pic from?
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 9:16:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info.  

Link Posted: 6/26/2024 6:41:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Out of curiosity: In the pictures I can not see any thermal lens. Can the detector of a COTI be separated from the HUD on a user level?

My guess is that we either see only a part of the assembly or this might just be a HeadUpDisplay unit for other purposes (Navigation, FOF Markers,..).

It also appears that they have been "disabled" by snapping off the prism assembly from the top that reflects the image into the NVG lens.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 12:52:06 PM EDT
[#8]
My guess is that this is a DRMO auction he's interested in.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 2:03:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GroundhogOZ] [#9]
PAS29 COTI (?)
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 8:50:12 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't suppose those came with a bag full of power cables
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 8:18:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TROB] [#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GreenMushroom:
I don't suppose those came with a bag full of power cables
View Quote

Um no.

I saw it listed and simply didn’t know what they were.  I figured it was a piece of a bigger system but i couldn’t figure it out.

Not usable to me.
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 2:40:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 6:02:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By TNVC_Augee:
They are an older stand-alone HUD attachment from Optics 1 (now Safran Defense & Space, Inc.).

Basically all of the HUD / TAK-integration capabilities of the ECOTI minus the thermal channel capabilities.

Pretty nifty little device in a lot of ways, but without the networks / servers to feed data to the display, it's not something that's going to have a whole lot of application for most non-military users, and there are other systems in the works that can provide the basic navigational HUD.

~Augee
View Quote

Thank you Augee.  That’s the answer I was looking for.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 7:46:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By TNVC_Augee:
They are an older stand-alone HUD attachment from Optics 1 (now Safran Defense & Space, Inc.).

Basically all of the HUD / TAK-integration capabilities of the ECOTI minus the thermal channel capabilities.

Pretty nifty little device in a lot of ways, but without the networks / servers to feed data to the display, it's not something that's going to have a whole lot of application for most non-military users, and there are other systems in the works that can provide the basic navigational HUD.

~Augee
View Quote

This has my interest, as someone that's dipped his toes in civtak/ataks. Are the plugins for these not available to civtak? What are the other upcoming HUDs?
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 1:04:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top