Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/9/2024 10:38:32 PM EDT
I inherited model 70 and a browningA5 from my grandpa. I am getting them both ready for hunting season this year. I didn’t get the scope, and it has these mounts on it. This rifle hunted North Africa and all of Europe, so I’m guessing there were European.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/9/2024 11:21:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Nicely made . They look a lot like Talley - might match up to Talley rings - not sure of the make.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 12:00:15 AM EDT
[#2]
They do look a ton like Talleys, but current Talleys don't have the stop or slot.  Could be a chance they work though.  I just refreshed a friend's Model 70 in 300wby and had a heck of a time finding bases for it.  There are at least 3 different bolt spacings for the rear pad.  I'd hit up Talley and see if their rings will meet up to start with.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 12:43:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't think Talley rings would work.  Their proprietary bases look similar but have a lug on each end rather than a slot.  The lugs prevent the ring from sliding fore and aft.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 11:34:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mike_nds] [#4]
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 12:16:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Villafuego] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mike_nds:
Definitely European in my opinion. The dovetailed front receiver ring and engraved screws are a dead giveaway.

Measure the width of the dovetails to see if it's 19mm

Also, are the tops of the bases level with each other?

Might be able to fit some CZ 550 rings to it.
View Quote

Yep ....definitely European

Looking at the first pic, it appears the front base is lower than the rear .... typical for European setups where the front ring / mount is on the Objective of the scope, and the rear is on the tube body

OP needs to track down the scope/mount somehow

I would shoot it with Irons before I modified the mounting system on it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top