Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2024 7:25:34 PM EDT
To the side of the viewing screen inside the eye cup. Couldn't find anything in instructions. No name brand with a iray 256 sensor.

Link Posted: 9/12/2024 8:17:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Does it have a auto on/off feature?
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 8:25:42 PM EDT
[#2]
A cheap thermal, unidentifiable object…
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 8:31:11 PM EDT
[#3]
IR LED that detects a face at the eyepiece? Like a phone? Will ramp up the brightness to the eyepiece? Maybe.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 10:11:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By WTFShane:
Does it have a auto on/off feature?
View Quote

Not that I could tell but we only messed with it for a few minutes and were moving the whole time so maybe.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 10:15:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By JohnSmith6073:
IR LED that detects a face at the eyepiece? Like a phone? Will ramp up the brightness to the eyepiece? Maybe.
View Quote

This was my thought but it seems like an unnecessary complication on a cheap device. Could be though since it has a laser pointer. It's visible and weak so it's kinda why bother.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 4:06:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WTFShane] [#6]
Originally Posted By GreenMushroom:

Not that I could tell but we only messed with it for a few minutes and were moving the whole time so maybe.
View Quote

I didn't mean like a shake-awake type system, more of like a face detection type.

Edit: It turns on when someone is looking through optic or something blocks sensor.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 5:32:28 AM EDT
[#7]
What happens if you put tape over it?
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 8:30:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Aurora's have this, though you can't even see the IR sensor on them - it's a very clean design. If you put tape over it, and it's set to 'Auto' - it may never turn on, LOL - ask me how I know Taking the tape off will cure that. Look at it through NODs and see if it's emitting IR when that feature is active.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top