Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2024 10:50:29 PM EDT
I have some AR lowers collecting dust that I still can't figure out what to do with so maybe getting another can is the right move.

I shoot 5.56, 9, 12GA & 22LR. Consolidated calibers a while ago. Thought about adding 300BO, but the ammo cost is stupid IMO.

I currently own a Rugged Oculus, Obsidian 9, YHM Turbo T3, Surefire SOCOM MINI2, Odessa 9 & Q Erector 22.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 11:39:54 PM EDT
[#1]
NT-4 PRG
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 6:15:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Easy.  CAT ODB....Inconel if you do mag dumps and titanium if you don't
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 9:19:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Do you have a PCC?
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 11:05:02 AM EDT
[#4]
The PWS Vent 3 does not get nearly the love that it deserves. It is really, really quiet.

Beyond that, my favorite cans are my Dual-Lok 5, HRT 556, SilencerCo Velos LBP, and my LPM Torch. I have 16 cans and my remaining 11 cans rarely come out of my safe.

If quiet and little gas blowback is what you are looking for, the Torch, Vent 3, and LPM are great. Note the Torch and Velos are heavier and the Vent is really long.

If a light can that is not very long and does really everything really well, the Dual-Lok 5 is a good choice.

If you want a can that you can take out and run mag dump after mag dump through, the HRT is your can.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 5:55:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 1168RGR:
Do you have a PCC?
View Quote

SOld my AR9 and might sell my FPC. So I will say no right now
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 5:56:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By WVUSIG:
The PWS Vent 3 does not get nearly the love that it deserves. It is really, really quiet.

Beyond that, my favorite cans are my Dual-Lok 5, HRT 556, SilencerCo Velos LBP, and my LPM Torch. I have 16 cans and my remaining 11 cans rarely come out of my safe.

If quiet and little gas blowback is what you are looking for, the Torch, Vent 3, and LPM are great. Note the Torch and Velos are heavier and the Vent is really long.

If a light can that is not very long and does really everything really well, the Dual-Lok 5 is a good choice.

If you want a can that you can take out and run mag dump after mag dump through, the HRT is your can.
View Quote

I'll get booted from the range I go to so no mag dumps, sadly
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 9:05:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By RangeToy:

I'll get booted from the range I go to so no mag dumps, sadly
View Quote

Something else to consider is your mount choice. I have invested heavily in Dual-Lok and it is really, really nice. If you are running some other HUB mount, the Griffin Explorr with Utility Mount is really nice. Especially if your shot cadence will be infrequent.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 10:04:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By WVUSIG:

Something else to consider is your mount choice. I have invested heavily in Dual-Lok and it is really, really nice. If you are running some other HUB mount, the Griffin Explorr with Utility Mount is really nice. Especially if your shot cadence will be infrequent.
View Quote

Running Griffin qd mounts on my pistols & rifles
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 11:24:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Now I am wondering if getting one of the newer light 5.56 cans might be the way to go. My SOCOM MINI2 and YHM Turbo T3 are about down the weight of the  new 6-7 oz cans.
Only thinking about this because I'd run the light one on my SBR and then put the T3 on whatever rifle build I do next
Link Posted: 8/8/2024 6:47:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By RangeToy:
Now I am wondering if getting one of the newer light 5.56 cans might be the way to go. My SOCOM MINI2 and YHM Turbo T3 are about down the weight of the  new 6-7 oz cans.
Only thinking about this because I'd run the light one on my SBR and then put the T3 on whatever rifle build I do next
View Quote

Opinions on this?

I can't really think of any other that I may NEED (Not that I need any of what I already own lol)

The Obsidian 9 will live on my incoming Extar EP9. The Oculus 22 lives on my 15-22 and the Q Erector moves between the 22/45 Lite and TX22.
The SOCOM MINI2 lives on my P&W 14.5" AR as that has the right Surefire flash hider for it. The Turbo T3 is on my 12.5" SBR, but will also be used on the 16" barrel build that I have upcoming.

The Odessa9 is used on pistols and I can still use the Obsidian 9 on them too if I desire.

I don't plan to add any other calibers even though I keep thinking about 300BO. The cost of subsonic ammo is just too much IMO...
Link Posted: 8/8/2024 9:43:29 PM EDT
[#11]
I like the Griffin Explorr cans.  Light weight and they have reduced backpressure baffles.  I use their taper mount system as they have a bunch of different muzzle device options.
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 10:40:21 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm excitedly waiting on one of B&T's new Print-X Rotex cans. They're the same price as the current ones despite the new design.

Probably going to use a Rearden adapter and muzzle device on it. Hub compatibility going forward is the way.
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 7:05:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By willi3d:
I like the Griffin Explorr cans.  Light weight and they have reduced backpressure baffles.  I use their taper mount system as they have a bunch of different muzzle device options.
View Quote

Buying that might be an excuse to build a 7.5" or 8" barrel AR
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top