[Last Edit: ObsoleteMan]
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 5:03:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FOX_OSCAR_hook] [#1]
Edinburgh Castle has a good one

Belgian Military Museum in Brussels has a lot

Tower of London

Link Posted: 11/17/2023 5:11:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I visited the Field Museum in Chicago in the 90s, when they had a whole display from Japan. Probably left smudges on the glass at the katana and tachi displays

P.S.
Now where's that arfcommer with their very own wall 'o' Zombie Tools
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 5:12:46 PM EDT
[#3]
The Met in NYC has an amazing sword collection, but they aren’t displayed with as much artistry as your examples. But if you just want to see a lot of very interesting pieces they have that.
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 6:45:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Nagoya Castle

Anything else is just childs play
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 8:11:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kraquine:

Nagoya Castle

Anything else is just childs play
View Quote

I hadn't thought of Japan. I suppose there are lots of awesome arms and armor displays in museums in Japan.
Link Posted: 11/18/2023 9:23:48 AM EDT
[#6]
The army museum in Paris has halls of them

Didn't have time to go through the whole thing
Link Posted: 11/18/2023 9:57:47 AM EDT
[#7]
As mentioned the metropolitan museum in New York has some great stuff

Link Posted: 11/18/2023 10:05:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Toledo Spain

Tower of London
Link Posted: 11/18/2023 11:06:53 AM EDT
[#9]
The aforementioned one in Paris near Napoleons Tomb is great. I think that's the one that has an armor chest plate with a cannonball size hole in it.

Venice has a whole bunch of swords and early early rifles in its palace museum.

The Mehrangarh Fort in Johdpur, India has a helluva lot of stuff. Swords with extra blades that pop out were a biggie in India.
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 12:24:12 AM EDT
[#10]
I've been into medieval broadswords since I was a kid and first saw Conan. But I would like to see a yuge katana/wakizashi/tanto collection. I've started my own little katana collection this past year (and have a couple of tantos). I need to get a better wall display rack going though. One of my katanas that hung over my recording studio gear kept falling off. How it never destroyed my monitor, keyboard, expensive mixing board on its way to the floor is beyond me. Only thing I ever found was a small scratch on the blade. I guess that's why decent ones cost good money... they're damn tough. I currently have them in their scabbards until I get the issue resolved.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 1:26:23 AM EDT
[#11]
The art museum in Chicago had a good display 35 years ago!
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 3:17:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WhatsGnu] [#12]
Worcester Art Museum Arms and Armor Collection, Massachusetts
https://www.worcesterart.org/collection/arms-and-armor/
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top