Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 12
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 8:40:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll hit 31 days tomorrow on my first CA purchase.

Here's to hoping for good news soon.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 11:23:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: terryj] [#2]
My form 4 SBR took 22 days (picked up Wednesday) but I'm astounded at the turn around for my recent form 4 can. It took 34 minutes from certified to approved (individual) and as a bonus my can I certified Wednesday at a different dealer was also approved (ss trust).
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 11:00:49 AM EDT
[#3]
My most recent Form 4 can on a trust was the fastest approval time I've had so far at 15 days.

Previous approval times with a trust were 69 days, 115 days, and 141 days all earlier this year.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 2:17:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mesooohoppy] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By flfreefall:
Waiting since 5/3 on a trust. Part of the email response from atf to my congressman

“Please note that the current processing times are 145 business days for electronic Form 4s with a Trust. This application has been pending for 91 days. Please know that the times listed are average processing times. Some applications may take longer due to many factors.”

Don’t think they’re gonna be any help with this one
View Quote

4 months is right around when im seeing a lot of single shot trusts get approved. dont bother anyone until youre over the average time; it just creates more work for everyone and you dont get an answer.

people come in and ask if they should write the ATF after a month of waiting. stop bothering them. toss more in jail and get them batched when they get to you.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 2:17:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By JTX23:

It wasn't that long.  2 weeks?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GhostFriend:

Well that makes me feel a little better I guess. How long did they string you out for the subsequent approvals?

It wasn't that long.  2 weeks?

Got my second approval on Friday, so a bit over 2 weeks apart for me, but I’ll take it.

All in all guess I shouldn’t complain compared to where approval times used to be.  3.5 months for the longest for me,  but not the 24 hours that I’ve seen others receive.
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 8:47:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jupiter7] [#6]
Two certified on 6/11, no batch approval , 22 sparrow approved, 2 others in system on 6/11 and 7/11
Attachment Attached File

ETA: scratch that, second and third approval today 2 hours apart, so batch approval 🥳
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 10:35:40 AM EDT
[#7]
I've never fot a fast one. Either many months or over a year for me
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 1:24:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By DnTrdNMe:

I was waiting on batch approval after my 1st one in the que was approved.  No such luck.

3 months is still better than 9 for my first!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DnTrdNMe:
Originally Posted By Mesooohoppy:
im not sure how this thread made it to 11 pages. i remember tracking threads always getting locked (outside of that one sticky). FWIW, i (personally) had a 2 batch single shot trust approval 3 weeks ago. Something like 58 and 23 days total. my last ones were at 4 months.

im also noticing that the ATF is batching super weird. they will either:
-batch all of your items immediately after one another, with a 0-4 minute delay between approvals
OR
-they approve something of yours (one item), and then you get another approval 24 hours later.

its so odd. i think ive learned to try to stop following it so closely and just live with it. not gonna find any rhyme or reason.

Or they don't batch approve.  I'm in that boat after a roughly 6 month wait on the first.

I was waiting on batch approval after my 1st one in the que was approved.  No such luck.

3 months is still better than 9 for my first!

My last Form 4 was approved yesterday.  Just under 2 months this time.  Either I got lucky, trust times are coming down, or the one I had approved a few weeks ago helped speed this one along?
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 5:25:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I asked my congressman for help, within 2 days, all 4, the oldest is 2 months old, the newest is a week old, were batch approved.  A stuck form 1 was also approved days later.  If you congressman can help, it's very effective.
Link Posted: 9/25/2024 9:33:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Submitted as an individual yesterday at 1130 for an R9, approved this morning at 0700!
Link Posted: 9/26/2024 9:14:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Just got the approval for my SiCo Omega 9K

Pending on 7/5/24

Approved on 9/26/24

eForm
Filed as an individual rather than use my LLC this time

Link Posted: 9/30/2024 2:52:00 PM EDT
[#12]
My dealer shot me a text over the weekend. He was online and checking his inventory and my cans no longer show in his inventory. They are his last paper form 4's. Been pending since mid April . All mailed in at the same time. Good timing because I planned on seeing him this weekend.
Link Posted: 10/3/2024 9:47:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Just got a Batch Approval 78 days

SS kiosk e-prints E-form4
Three Cans submitted
July 16
August 20
August 28

Approved Oct 2
8:00am
10:30am
10:40am
Link Posted: 10/3/2024 6:39:04 PM EDT
[#14]
6 months for me on my first trust application, hoping soon!!!!
Link Posted: 10/3/2024 6:41:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ERNURSE] [#15]
double tap
Link Posted: 10/3/2024 9:44:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Emailed NICS Liaison at 0136.

0835 a Form 1 which was 62 days old was approved. Trust.

Still waiting on a Form 4. Today is day 117. Trust.
Link Posted: 10/4/2024 7:10:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By costanza:
Emailed NICS Liaison at 0136.

0835 a Form 1 which was 62 days old was approved. Trust.

Still waiting on a Form 4. Today is day 117. Trust.
View Quote

Form 4 approved 1124 today.
Link Posted: 10/8/2024 12:46:53 PM EDT
[#18]
My 2nd aem5 was submitted today. There local shop was having issues on sat.  This is the first time I have not used silencershop to submit, so let's see how long it takes.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/8/2024 1:11:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Interesting, the feds fiscal year starts Oct 1. They are using 2025 numbers now.
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 3:19:02 PM EDT
[#20]
I just got a From 1 SBS back in 5 days, started another Form 4 trust on Friday, we'll see how that goes.  I have two more cans coming in on Form 3s so I'll have those to track soon too.
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 4:56:53 PM EDT
[#21]
After getting two nearly-single-day approvals in April, my next two individual form 4's submitted July 31... crickets.
I finally called the ATF number on day 70, status is "pending" for both. Not delayed, or waiting for NICS, just "pending", which means it's been assigned to someone, but it's just sitting on their desk.
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 7:02:45 PM EDT
[#22]
My suppressors have now hit 6 months pending
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 10:05:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Had my Congresswoman submit an inquiry, This is what they got back Friday:

Hello,

Thank you for supplying all the required documents.  Here is the information that I was able to find for Adam Nesvick:

Form/eForm REDACTED, control #REDACTED, was received on 8/12/24.  As of 10/11/24, it is PENDING with ATF because it is in a RESEARCHING status with the FBI's Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS). RESEARCHING status with FBI/NICS could mean that there's an issue in the applicant's record, or something that needs to be corrected or clarified. ATF cannot complete the transfer without a definitive PROCEED from FBI/NICS. Should you have any additional questions, your office may want to reach out to the FBI's Office of Congressional Affairs.

I trust the foregoing has been responsive to your inquiry. Should you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact ATF's Legislative Affairs Division.

Legislative Affairs Division

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives

Washington, DC  
View Quote

It irritates the shit out of me, takes them two months to fucking do anything, when other people are getting approvals within hours or days.  The Congresswoman's office has already submitted a request to the FBI, so I hope to know something by next week.  
Link Posted: Yesterday 10:03:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By airman100:
After getting two nearly-single-day approvals in April, my next two individual form 4's submitted July 31... crickets.
I finally called the ATF number on day 70, status is "pending" for both. Not delayed, or waiting for NICS, just "pending", which means it's been assigned to someone, but it's just sitting on their desk.
View Quote

Hi, Can I get that ATF phone number so I can check the status of mine..
Link Posted: Yesterday 11:53:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By harleytech:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By harleytech:
Originally Posted By airman100:

@harleytech Phone # is the one on the EForms "Submitted" email for NFA Questions: (304) 616-4500. Have your form's Control Number ready, and they will ask you your dealer's name as a challenge question. They won't tell you much more than the status. Good luck.
Link Posted: Yesterday 1:50:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Thanks...
Link Posted: Yesterday 1:57:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Just called and you have to wait 90 days before they will give you a status...
I have about 3 weeks to wait for that... I will try then..  Thanks again...
Link Posted: Today 6:44:40 AM EDT
[#28]
I emailed the NICS liaison yesterday.  Didnt say pending, said in process, whatever that means.

140 days trust
60 days indv
Link Posted: Today 6:50:16 AM EDT
[#29]
I had been averaging about 6 weeks for trust approval last year and this summer.  I just got approved in 5 days for a trust this past week.  I heard from the dealer that once you start sending can after can to be approved he is seeing the time decrease.  I just sent in a ron allen aem5 for approval on Wednesday.  We’ll see how long.
Link Posted: Today 11:28:16 AM EDT
[#30]
My first can took almost a year. Certified 15 Aug 23, approved 22 July 24. Currently waiting on three more, the oldest at 67 days. Just lucky I guess... lol Just certified the 3rd one this morning.
Page / 12
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top