Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2024 10:25:11 PM EDT
I’m finally in the market for a thermal scope and am seeing some good deals like the $1799 Infiray deal Arms Unlimited offered but after what happened with ATN ratting their customers out when the devices “phoned home” and a bunch of people caught charges I won’t own anything with the ability to communicate to a server without my knowledge.

Any recommendations?
Link Posted: 6/4/2024 11:37:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Wait, what did ATN do?
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 12:42:53 AM EDT
[#2]
There are older 640's in that price range in the EE.
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 1:19:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Metonymy:
Wait, what did ATN do?
View Quote

This.

Also, is OP saying they don’t even want the capability? Cus I’m pretty sure you can just turn such things off. Could use a scanning tool to verify if it is indeed off and not transmitting.
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 2:42:36 AM EDT
[#4]
SightMark Wraith Thermal uses SD card only. I have one, it works well.
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 3:24:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By amprecon:
View Quote

I looked through one of these at shot last year and was very impressed.
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 9:27:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: graysonp] [#6]
You're really limiting yourself if you refuse to buy something with WIFI or Bluetooth. Just buy a good optic and turn those settings off.

I have two AGM units and they only use wifi to connect to the phone app, so you can just leave that setting off and it has no ability to communicate with anything.
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 10:10:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 11:43:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Metonymy:
Wait, what did ATN do?
View Quote

Among other things, provided location information to the feds and a bunch of people got jammed up on ITAR charges for sending them to Europe.

These scopes know where you are, what direction amd azimuth you are shooting at, what distance if using the rangefinder feature, and they have video and stills of what you shot at. Apparently, ATN’s scopes phone home when you have no idea they are doing it.

I won’t have that kind of capability on any scope I own.
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 11:45:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By amprecon:
View Quote

Thankyou!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top