Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 11:42:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fsjdw2] [#1]
Arnt you the member who has an actual  registered hand grenade?

I want you to win, I really want a Tommy gun, (and yes , I wanna yell gangster movie lines and wear a 3 piece, fedora,  while I know
Down soda cans. )
I’d bet you but you have an actual hand grenade so you can accomplish the seemingly impossible.
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 2:12:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bmarshall1] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By fsjdw2:
Arnt you the member who has an actual  registered hand grenade?

I want you to win, I really want a Tommy gun, (and yes , I wanna yell gangster movie lines and wear a 3 piece, fedora,  while I know
Down soda cans. )
I’d bet you but you have an actual hand grenade so you can accomplish the seemingly impossible.
View Quote

@fsjdw2
Yes, pretty certain he is, or was, he might have made a deal for something in return, I don't recall the exact details.  If I recall he has/had to store it in a certified container of some sort designed for explosives, maybe the fuse separate?
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 2:51:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Deerhurst:

I FEEL machine guns should be legal? Does that do anything to change the law?

No.

Laws don't give a shit about your FEELINGS and I don't either.

The law defines something specific. I does NOT define FEELINGS. Hence why we look at real life and not your FEELINGS. We don't care about FEELINGS. We care about the law and what the law says.

The law defines a MG as a having a specific mechanical property. It does care if you FEEL it is a machine gun because it either is or it isn't as defined by a specific mechanical property. There is no questions, there is no way it can change without an act of Congress.

Look at it from a real life perspective, not a liberal made up perspective if FEELINGS.
View Quote

You’re obviously letting your feelings on the matter cloud your ability to understand what he was trying to say, thats painfully obvious in the first line of your reply. He’s pretty spot on in his assessment.

Laws kind of are based on feelings. They’re based on people’s opinions of right and wrong, and opinions are basically just feelings. Lots of things in society are based on the feelings of groups of individuals. Your opinion is based on your feelings so it must be made up and you must be a liberal, right?

I honestly get where you’re coming from with the word “feelings” and the liberal mindset. But you’re the exact opposite side of the spectrum and it is just as ridiculous
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 8:53:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Blk99sleekbeak:

You’re obviously letting your feelings on the matter cloud your ability to understand what he was trying to say, thats painfully obvious in the first line of your reply. He’s pretty spot on in his assessment.

Laws kind of are based on feelings. They’re based on people’s opinions of right and wrong, and opinions are basically just feelings. Lots of things in society are based on the feelings of groups of individuals. Your opinion is based on your feelings so it must be made up and you must be a liberal, right?

I honestly get where you’re coming from with the word “feelings” and the liberal mindset. But you’re the exact opposite side of the spectrum and it is just as ridiculous
View Quote

In New Jersey, you cannot own a gun with a bayonet lug on it.  

Because the Democrat dumbasses in New Jersey elected some Democrat dumbasses to represent them.  

The dumbass Democrat politicians were vaguely aware that a there is such a thing as a bayonet mount on military rifles.  So they banned them.  (No more drive-by bayonettings!  Hooray, we're saved!)

That ridiculous law has stood like the Rock of Gibraltar for 35 years.  It is utterly pointless and stupid, but the voters are happy with it. So it's still in effect.

Since your fellow citizens have the power to make almost any gun law they feel like, no matter how pointless and stupid it is, I think the only practical way to change any gun laws is by first changing public opinion.  

That's just my take on it.  I'm not a Great Swami of All Known Wisdom, I could be wrong.

Link Posted: 7/23/2024 10:04:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By sleestakwhisperer:
In New Jersey, you cannot own a gun with a bayonet lug on it.  
View Quote

Just semi-autos, or does it even ban the K98 or Arisaka that grandpa brought back from the war?
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 4:08:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sleestakwhisperer] [#6]
Originally Posted By CleverNickname:

Just semi-autos, or does it even ban the K98 or Arisaka that grandpa brought back from the war?
View Quote

Enjoy the crime-free utopia of New Jersey:

A semi-automatic firearm should be considered to be "substantially identical," that is, identical in all material respects, to a named assault weapon if it meets the below listed criteria:

A. semi-automatic rifle that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of the following:
a folding or telescoping stock;
a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;
a bayonet mount;
a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; and
a grenade launcher;

B. a semi-automatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of the following:
an ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;
a threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer;
a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned;
manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; and
a semi-automatic version of an automatic firearm; and,

C. a semi-automatic shotgun that has at least 2 of the following:

a folding or telescoping stock;
a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;
a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 5 rounds; and
an ability to accept a detachable magazine.

Basically you end up with a pre-ban AR15.  Thus incapable of being misused to commit crime because it has less than 2 of the above flashy-shroud-hider-stock-thingies.

A K98 should be good to go.

You can own an M1A (semi auto M14) and an AR15, but not an M1 Carbine.  Because of Magical Assault Shroud Pistol Grip Powerz.
Link Posted: 8/28/2024 2:16:56 PM EDT
[#7]
does the KS case make any difference?
Link Posted: 8/28/2024 2:21:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By IHTFP08:
does the KS case make any difference?
View Quote
Thread is 2 years old.  I think OP said (paraphrasing) that he has essentially put this on the back-burner for now.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 1:57:21 PM EDT
[#9]
“a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned”

So if it allows me to get burned still I’m good to go then right?
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top