Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2024 5:50:12 PM EDT
Looks like the Dead Air Wolfman is a good suppressor for SP5 using tri lug.  Any other suppressor I should consider?
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 6:57:48 PM EDT
[#1]
What is your goal with it? the YHM R9 gets good reviews, Silencerco Omega 9, I am getting a Rugged Obsidian 45 to share between all pistol calibers.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 7:00:25 PM EDT
[#2]
The M(ag)P(ul)5--AP5 Review

Like baseball and apple pie!
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 8:19:38 PM EDT
[#3]
For semi auto its fine. If you were going to run a removeable sear trip and a full auto pack I'd say go gsl phoenix instead(updated gemtech mk9k).

The GSL fatman might be one to look as as well since its shorter. Haven't had a lot of experience with it though.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 8:21:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ccosby:
For semi auto its fine. If you were going to run a removeable sear trip and a full auto pack I'd say go gsl phoenix instead(updated gemtech mk9k).

The GSL fatman might be one to look as as well since its shorter. Haven't had a lot of experience with it though.
View Quote

Thanks.  Will definitely stay semi auto.  I just saw a video of the cat mob (titanium) and it performed well.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 8:38:13 PM EDT
[#5]
The Cat Mob performs well on a MP5 variant.  The RS9 also performs very well on a MP5.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 9:26:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By QtrHorse:
The Cat Mob performs well on a MP5 variant.  The RS9 also performs very well on a MP5.
View Quote

Thanks.  I will check it out.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 8:47:58 AM EDT
[#7]
I have one in my AP5 and AP5-P.

Sounds great.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 8:54:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: amphibian] [#8]
My favorite SMG can is the CT9KS now known as the MK9 from Shaw Armament.  https://www.shawarms.com/products/thundercan-41232-11861-5176
Link to my site which discusses the lineage from the previously mentioned MK9K / Phoenix: https://c3junkie.com/?page_id=244

Unlike most recommendations you will get, I personally only like serviceable pistol caliber suppressors as I have personally clogged several cans over the years.  I also had failures where baffles or entire cores had to be replaced.  
Think about that if you were to have a failure with any of these non-serviceable options.....and yes, I know the companies that are still in business can quickly replace a failed core by re-welding or whatever.  The concern is who is going to do that if/when the company goes out of business?

If the can is easily serviceable, you would have an easier time getting a replacement baffle or core made.  If serviceability isn't a concern then there are a lot of options.

I recently got a Huxwrx Ca$h9k which is very light, short and serviceable.  However those baffles don't look easy to replace if Huxwrx ever goes out of business but I presume it could be done.

Link Posted: 7/4/2024 1:22:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Do it

Link Posted: 7/4/2024 4:16:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Omega 9k or the new spectre 9
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 9:37:58 PM EDT
[#11]
I got a wolfman and I think it looks at home on a mp5/k and sounds great too
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 12:37:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tanren37] [#12]
I'll be the outlier......

No, get a 9k.

At 1.6x diameter, wolfman is too large, makes the platform look weird.  Also, 1.38 diameter (pistol) cans are too small.  1.5 9k is just right.

The SiCo has better 3 lug mounting options, the Dead Air OEM creates too much gap, again, making it look weird (and mine was wobbly as shit, so much so I have never used it for anything but pictures).  Guys that use DT, though it's a better mount, make the platform look even worse with gap and exposed lugs.

Wolfman performance is good of course, but really, as a shooter, I hear more difference with ammo changes than I do between it and a 9k.

Slight edit to clarify
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 9:19:53 PM EDT
[#13]
My AAC Tirant 9m HD works great even in the K Configuration.

Link Posted: 7/7/2024 9:36:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MidwestJ] [#14]
Originally Posted By Tanren37:
I'll be the outlier......

No, get a 9k.

At 1.6x diameter, wolfman is too large, makes the platform look weird.  Also, 1.38 diameter (pistol) cans are too small.  1.5 9k is just right.

The SiCo has better 3 lug mounting options, the Dead Air OEM creates too much gap, again, making it look weird (and mine was wobbly as shit, so much so I have never used it for anything but pictures).  Guys that use DT, though it's a better mount, make the platform look even worse with gap and exposed lugs.

Wolfman performance is good of course, but really, as a shooter, I hear more difference with ammo changes than I do between it and a 9k.

Slight edit to clarify
View Quote

See my pic above.  Yes-the Wolfman is quite large.  I was chasing dbs in my selection plus I just like the company and the YouTube videos solidified it for me.

I could get the Wolfman at a great price so I went for it.

Yes, it’s large (long)
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 8:58:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mikego_34] [#15]
On the MP5 platform with my handloads - all my cans sound the same

Edit:

The 9mm cans I have are:

Wolfman (long and short)
Obsidian 9
Rex Silentium 458 mod x (long and short)
GSL Phoenix
CGS Mod 9
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 9:07:03 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm in the O9K gang.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 9:35:04 AM EDT
[#17]
i have an omega 9k on my ap5-p
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 9:53:42 AM EDT
[#18]
The DA Wolfman and the OCL Lithium are my favorite 9mm cans. My hosts are the SP5 and SP5K-PDW
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 11:00:29 AM EDT
[#19]
I like the Wolfman on the SP5 because the gun does not get dirty as fast as with the Omega9K.
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 12:26:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By mikego_34:
On the MP5 platform with my handloads - all my cans sound the same

Edit:

The 9mm cans I have are:

Wolfman (long and short)
Obsidian 9
Rex Silentium 458 mod x (long and short)
GSL Phoenix
CGS Mod 9
View Quote

That is good info seeing that you have multiple of the leading 9mm cans.
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 6:31:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Yes, wolfman is the way to go for Sp5
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 8:59:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By MidwestJ:

See my pic above.  Yes-the Wolfman is quite large.  I was chasing dbs in my selection plus I just like the company and the YouTube videos solidified it for me.

Yes, it’s large (long)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MidwestJ:

Yes, it’s large (long)

Wolfman is a great can, I'm very happy with mine, but it spends most it's time on a blackout.

The O9k is just my favorite.  I think it has one of the best balances between size and performance and it has that "silencer look."    

Originally Posted By J2X:
I like the Wolfman on the SP5 because the gun does not get dirty as fast as with the Omega9K.

Really?  Wolfman long or in the k length?

I probably don't clean mine enough,
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 11:24:03 AM EDT
[#23]
I've said this before but I prefer my R9 over my buddies O9k. It's just a little bit fatter and longer but it's definitely a step up in suppression. We've done side by side comparisons with identical hosts and various subs. To me the R9 takes subs to the "hearing safe" level whereas the O9k does not IMO. It's kinda loud.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top