Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2024 9:17:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DnTrdNMe]
I've liked YHM stuff in general for quite a while, price to quality/overall value seem to be a sweet spot.

With the shortened wait times I put in for quite a few back in stock notifications from SilencerShop.  Some OCL cans as well as YHM.

First notification was for the Phantom 22, Form 4 Trust certified on May 31st , now the Turbo K RB came back in stock.  Hopefully I can certify and get a batch approval when the 22 goes through.
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 10:37:11 PM EDT
[#1]
If you haven't tried capitol armory yet, their process is super simple too.
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 11:07:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stiglitz_actual] [#2]
Good stuff, I have a bunch of their cans. Think you'll like the Phantom 22, it's g2g on everything from p22 to p90
Wish I would've snagged one of their N20 a couple years ago, it seems like they're discontinued now
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 12:15:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mesooohoppy] [#3]
The r9 is a fantastic can. It's inexpensive and you can beat the piss out of it. Sure it's not the hottest newest tech, but it works well.

I believe the r9 was Andrew's/OCLs go to pcc/smg can before the lithium was released. He always spoke highly of it.

I've heard lots of good things about putting a yhm 5.56 k can on SBR'd p90s. Turbo k?
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 12:20:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Yep I have two R9s, one lives on an mp5k clone and the other goes on everything from 300blk subs to 308

For the P90, the new Fat Cat is peefect
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 10:39:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By stiglitz_actual:
Good stuff, I have a bunch of their cans. Think you'll like the Phantom 22, it's g2g on everything from p22 to p90
Wish I would've snagged one of their N20 a couple years ago, it seems like they're discontinued now
View Quote

Some people have reported first ground pop on pistols.  Have you noticed that?  Others say none?
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 10:48:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Agreed, my YHM Phantom has been excellent.
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 10:53:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#7]
I have two Turbo Ks, a 2nd gen and a TK-RB. I really like them. Great cans for a 16" carbine. Light weight and short, but a great sound for a K-can.

I also have an OCL full size Polonium. I really like it on a well tuned 12.5".

Both companies have very good cans at a low cost. A great bang for the buck.

Link Posted: 7/20/2024 11:00:15 AM EDT
[#8]
YHM fanboy here too man.

Got an old titanium phantom 5.56 and just recently got the new T3 Turbo.  Both are interchangeable on the same QD flash hider mounts.

Great price and quick approval through silencershop
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 11:40:13 AM EDT
[#9]
R9 made me a believer.  Going to get a Resonator K to abuse with the M16.  Can’t beat the value from YHM.
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 12:15:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By dmk0210:
I have two Turbo Ks, a 2nd gen and a TK-RB. I really like them. Great cans for a 16" carbine. Light weight and short, but a great sound for a K-can.

I also have an OCL full size Polonium. I really like it on a well tuned 12.5".

Both companies have very good cans at a low cost. A great bang for the buck.

View Quote

I already have a Turbo K, the 2nd gen, and now an RB on the way.  

Any major differences besides blowback?  More or less sound downrange or at the shooters ear?

One of the Turbos will live on a 14.5" mid gas and the other on an 18" rifle gas SPRish build.  I'm leaning toward putting the RB on the 14.5 to reduce the gas on longer firing strings.
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 2:38:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Two of my first three cans were YHM,   A Resonator R2 and an R9.

They both provide very good performance for their price.

I also use YHM Phantom muzzle devices on all three of my .30 cal cans, my .30 cal and 5.56 guns.

Their stuff may not be the latest greatest hottest stuff, but it works well and is price fairly.
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 5:04:28 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a R9 that stays on my SP5, zero complaints.
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 8:39:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Love my Turbo Ks

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/20/2024 8:54:38 PM EDT
[#14]
I was so impressed with my first Turbo K-RB I bought two more.  They’re great cans.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 9:52:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By DnTrdNMe:

Some people have reported first ground pop on pistols.  Have you noticed that?  Others say none?
View Quote

Depends on the ammo
With CC Mini Mags there's a bit of pop on the first couple rounds, subsonic stuff like winchester super suppressed it's not noticeable
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 10:49:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By stiglitz_actual:

Depends on the ammo
With CC Mini Mags there's a bit of pop on the first couple rounds, subsonic stuff like winchester super suppressed it's not noticeable
View Quote

Thanks, good info.  I'm trying to get an assortment of subsonic .22 to test.
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 12:26:16 AM EDT
[#17]
I have a bunch from a handful of companies, my YHM get shot the most. R9 is great for a few things, turbo K sounds better than expected and very compact. Resonator R2 sounds great and is super tough.

They might not be the best. But they are the best for the money in my book. They perform as well or better than many that are a few/several hundred bucks more.
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 8:14:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DnTrdNMe] [#18]
I do wish they would switch over to SRX mounts for all their cans.

Or have packages with different mounts or no mount/adapter.

I'll have to try to sell the phantom QD adapter and mount and purchase an SRX adapter.
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 10:34:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#19]
Originally Posted By DnTrdNMe:

I already have a Turbo K, the 2nd gen, and now an RB on the way.  

Any major differences besides blowback?  More or less sound downrange or at the shooters ear?

One of the Turbos will live on a 14.5" mid gas and the other on an 18" rifle gas SPRish build.  I'm leaning toward putting the RB on the 14.5 to reduce the gas on longer firing strings.
View Quote

I don't notice a difference in sound, but I don't shoot 5.56s without earpro, suppressed or not.  I don't know whether you'd hear a difference without earpro. If there is a difference, it would probably be slight

I am able to use the TK-RB on a 16" AR15 (BA Midlength Hanson barrel) with a non-adjustable gas block and an H2 buffer. I was planning to buy an AGB for it, but after using the TK-RB on it, I'm not going to bother.  The 2nd gen TK is dedicated to rifles with AGBs only.

Reduced blowback is the only reason I bought the RB.  Other than that, the cans are pretty much identical.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top