Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2016 9:10:39 PM EDT
What do you all wear for shoes?  

I think I need some sort of rubber cleat sole that is good on loose rock but won't slide if I tried to stop fast on concrete.
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 4:23:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Footwear depends on conditions...some times its waders.
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 6:18:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DonofKalifornia] [#2]
Shoes that fit and don't hurt your feet. Check out different trail running shoes, find a part that fit correctly.

I've shot matches where the entire bay is mud, then I wear my Muck boots. You don't get to move very fast under those conditions.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 1:58:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Salomon Speedcross 3's. There's a couple different variations of them. One is waterproof, another has steel tips. Now the Speedcross 4's are out. Not sure of the difference. I just use them for matches, they wear pretty fast if you try to use them as an everyday type sneaker.

Inov8 shoes are similar. They have less drop from heel to toe. I've seen one person wear Nike Land Sharks too.

There are quite a few that will work. Adidas Terex, Salomon Fellraiser, New Balance trail runners, etc.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 11:18:52 PM EDT
[#4]
excellent info. thanks!
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 4:12:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Danner Ft. Lewis boots
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 11:23:19 PM EDT
[#6]
regular shoes are fine until you're really really good
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top