Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2019 3:35:38 PM EDT
Looking for a middle of the price spektrum green/red dot.

Going to be taking some carbine/pistol classes and a dot was recomended for rifle.

I was thinking vortex or holosun 503gugrelite?

Thinking green dot due to asigmatism but i have no basis
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 1:21:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MITommy] [#1]
I have an astigmatism.  After trying a few red dots, I have found that I prefer the Vortex Spitfire 1x. i have 2 of them. It has red & green options. It has a etched reticle, so the it doesn’t flare.  The double circle & center dot reticle is fast. (For circles work for close shots and the 2 MOA dot works for the longer / more precise shots. I was lucky and came across one for $75. It was missing the mounting screws & lens covers. I made A call to Vortex and had the parts in 3 days, thanks to their no BS warranty.

The early version has the settings in a knob, which I prefer, but the mount only uses 1 cross screw. The later version has push buttons and 2 cross screws in the mount. I’ve never had any problem with the single screw mount but I feel a bit more comfortable with the 2 screw mount.  Battery life is excellent. I put a new one at the start of the season and go all season long. Another advantage of the etched reticle is that if the battery dies, you still have the reticle visible in black.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top