Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2023 12:18:02 PM EDT
Years ago, I shot a few 3 gun matches here and there with a remington 870. Saiga's looked like a ton of fun, so I was interested. Then the import ban hit, and they shot up in price. Then one day, I was at my lgs and they have a chinese saiga clone. Cheetah-12/DDI, and it was cheap so I bought it. I haven't shot a match since then as life got busy. I pulled it out of the safe the other day, and it got me thinking about how I wanted to build it out for open 3 gun with an optic and a big stupid muzzle break and big magazines. It's unlikely I'll get to a 3 gun match for a few more years as my kid is little and keeping me busy. But, I'd kinda like to buy the parts while they are available in case the AK12's are getting less popular. I've never been out to win, but gain experience and have fun is more mide speed.

Are AK12's still pretty popular for open, or are they falling off? Should I dump some money into this cheap chinese shotgun, or save it for a more practical 3 gun shotgun?  Handgaurd, ultimak, chokes, muzzle break, and a few mags were on my list, but all that isn't entirely cheap, and I could probably get a mossberg 940 jm pro and shoot a division I'd do better in for about the same price.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top