Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 9:52:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 9:54:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 9:55:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Reparations always seems to trot onto the stage as elections approaches.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 10:01:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Hog wash and Balder dash .

Public housing , food stamps , Medicare , affirmative action , etc etc

Done and done
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 10:01:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
On the bright side, most of that money will pretty quickly find itself circulating in the economy.
View Quote

It's not much of a bright side. The vast majority of reparations recipients would almost instantly be as poor as they were before with some shiney new bauble. 15 trillion dumped in the economy that quickly would cause severe inflation and now the poor people who got reparations would no longer be able to afford the same lifestyle they had before shiney bauble.

We actually made some attempt with 40 acres an a mule. I say anyone who can prove direct lineage from an american slave should be entitled to same. We have enough unpopulated federally owned land just in Nevada that we could probably make that happen. The mules might take a bit.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 10:11:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hog wash and Balder dash .

Public housing , food stamps , Medicare , affirmative action , etc etc

Done and done
View Quote

They could start off by deducting the value of the civil war and a few hundred thousand US Army soldiers who never went home.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 11:28:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I thought welfare and DEI were reparations...how's that not enough?
View Quote

There is no enough.
There is only more.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 11:55:52 AM EDT
[#8]
I am still somewhat surprised and even a little miffed that this is still being talked about, I mean Jesus we are how many generations removed from slavery and people are still trying to cash in on it, sort of like all these protesters who are so enraged about this or that cause, feel as though they have to March in protest of it, but in the process of marching knock over the local Radio Shack.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 12:13:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I thought welfare and DEI were reparations...how's that not enough?
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/20/2024 12:17:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Don't the Africans (and their descendants)  still owe reparations for enslaving the Jews?  

Wasn't this documented in the bible?
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top