User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:26:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

^That...
Lehighs are the most well known, but DAMN are they expensive.  Roughly $3.00-$3.50 per trigger pull.
Maker subs that is actually factor loaded (I don't reload) has been vaporware since wuflu.

-----------
I'm curious about the Fort Scott 190gr ammo.  I would love to see a video of it defeating IIIa.  There are several vids of OTM/FMJ subs defeating lesser armor and bulletproof glass.
Love this one (45 vs 300blk subs vs IIa):
You don't need to watch the end results, you can instantly hear the PING, and you know that 300blk went through.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euucD2YJq4w

The other one I would like to see some gel and armor tests on are the new PSA/AAC Sabre rounds.  Both the 110gr black tips and their 220gr subsonic black tips.
I dug this Sabre 220 out myself, and all it did was deform.  
https://i.imgur.com/zfe9NUf.jpg

View Quote

Tested some 9mm 68grain lehigh defense handloads at 1800+ fps a couple weeks ago on 3A armor and some 300blk 190 TUI. The 9mm at 1700 fps would not penetrate but once I got to 1800+ they would, the 190 TUI always penetrated.

I tested the 190 TUI a couple years ago on soft armor 3A and it went through then too but didn't document it. Some day I will get some more test peices and document it, I was just testing for my personal interest so far and was satisfied with what I saw.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:34:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

The dust cover caliber markings... Is that just using stencil and paint or what? Looks pretty awesome.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I want a 6.8 SPCII, but $$. ???????

@lilMAC25

get both???

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/478727/wall_5-1-2024_jpg-3204652.JPG

and OP,

Sellier & Bellot 110gr TXRG ammo has been great for me

The dust cover caliber markings... Is that just using stencil and paint or what? Looks pretty awesome.

@Missilegeek

5.56 and 300 blk dustcovers are from classified defense and noveske.  The 6.8 one was custom done by a buddy in the same typeface
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:50:55 PM EDT
[#3]
If I'm willing to use a 45 or a 9mm, wouldn't 300 sub be an improvement, especially with a can?

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 2:12:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If I'm willing to use a 45 or a 9mm, wouldn't 300 sub be an improvement, especially with a can?

View Quote

Depends on the parameters and bullets used.
Subsonic, super short (HD) distance only?
Better than 147's and almost as good as 230's, but an absolute fuck-ton more expensive to shoot in order to good expanding bullets.

I think the biggest benefit would that 300blk won't be blow-back operated, and is a native small frame round.  Plus there are currently 300blk subs that defeat IIa armor and bulletproof glass.

If there is a non-expanding 190gr 300blk sub that penetrates IIIa however, that is an interesting development and really increases the capability portfolio of the caliber.

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 2:25:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Depends on the parameters and bullets used.
Subsonic, super short (HD) distance only?
Better than 147's and almost as good as 230's, but an absolute fuck-ton more expensive to shoot in order to good expanding bullets.

I think the biggest benefit would that 300blk won't be blow-back operated, and is a native small frame round.  Plus there are currently 300blk subs that defeat IIa armor and bulletproof glass.

If there is a non-expanding 190gr 300blk sub that penetrates IIIa however, that is an interesting development and really increases the capability portfolio of the caliber.

View Quote

You mean these?
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 2:30:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The first 3 rounds in my hd 300 are subx, the rest are 110 varmageddon. I figure if I need more than 3 to stop something screw my hearing. Gun is suppressed so it still wont be that bad.
View Quote

Brilliant idea.  I had never thought of that.  

Well I’m going to be busy for the rest of the day
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top