User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:36:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Gold Rush on 2
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:36:41 PM EDT
[#2]
BOYD CROWDER I TELL YA..FIND OUT WHERE BOYD CROWDER WAS...
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:40:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
BOYD CROWDER I TELL YA..FIND OUT WHERE BOYD CROWDER WAS...
View Quote

Don't worry...Ava will get the info to Raylan.  She owes him.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:42:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:43:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Gold in BARRELS?

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:44:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I didn't do it
Nobody saw me
Can't prove a thing
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:50:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Will the airline let you send two armed guards with the flight?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That is, like, 276 227 pounds. Why in the hell would you not air-freight that?

Will the airline let you send two armed guards with the flight?

USPS Priority Insured.  

Seriously.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:53:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Boyd  Did it !
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:57:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
at today's spot price, $4 million worth of gold is about 8 of these 400 toz bars

http://www.usacoinbook.com/us-coins/gold-bar-400-ounce.jpg
View Quote

Wow.

Thought it would be more and was wondering how they would hide it.

How many front sites could you make if you melted it down
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:06:35 PM EDT
[#10]
How stuff works. Says the armored car has a tracking system. Also the security company
can monitor all of the engine components, and gauges . so they know immediately if there's a problem.
Was this cut rate truck and security company
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:10:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

So, which NC Arfcom members have gone missing lately?

View Quote
Im still here

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:11:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

How did they know which truck to sabotage and then get access to it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe not an inside job. Bad guys probably sabotaged the truck to force them to stop.

How did they know which truck to sabotage and then get access to it?

They'd have sabotaged it in Florida and the truck made it all the way to NC..? Sounds iffy.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:53:10 PM EDT
[#13]
I has bad math.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:31:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Gold in BARRELS?

View Quote

Sounds like the movement of scrap gold.  Barrels of 10-14k jewelry and such?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:37:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
inside job,  yep
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:47:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Reminds me of the Wells Fargo robbery we had.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:48:40 PM EDT
[#17]
So, has Spain claimed it yet?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:52:01 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Maybe not an inside job. Bad guys probably sabotaged the truck to force them to stop.
View Quote

Likely was an inside job...just not necessarily pulled by the guards. I'm guessing the company doesn't let just anybody work on their trucks.

The armored cars I've been around have skid plates and stuff that make slicing a radiator hose pretty hard to do...at least in a quick manner.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:52:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:30:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Likely was an inside job...just not necessarily pulled by the guards. I'm guessing the company doesn't let just anybody work on their trucks.

The armored cars I've been around have skid plates and stuff that make slicing a radiator hose pretty hard to do...at least in a quick manner.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not to mention they would have to sabotage it in a way that it would die in BFE NC. Otherwise those guys were following that damn truck for hours. Miami to NC aint exactly like right next door,.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:48:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Somebody definitely knew what was inside and planned accordingly.  
View Quote

The truck is from Miami.  My bet is on the Cuban gangs operating out of Miami as well.  The Cuban gangs were pretty brazen three years ago when I was still driving a truck and they were hitting everything they could along I-95 from FL up to NJ.  They had people on the inside at almost all of the shippers in Miami and I don't doubt that they had people on the inside at this company that told them about this shipment.

Just put some water into the fuel tank before they leave Miami and by the time they get to NC and nearing their refueling stop, they'll be sucking water instead of fuel and they will be sitting ripe for the picking on the highway shoulder.  Have your field crew following the truck and when they break down, it's time for them to earn their pay.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:55:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The truck is from Miami.  My bet is on the Cuban gangs operating out of Miami as well.  The Cuban gangs were pretty brazen three years ago when I was still driving a truck and they were hitting everything they could along I-95 from FL up to NJ.  They had people on the inside at almost all of the shippers in Miami and I don't doubt that they had people on the inside at this company that told them about this shipment.

Just put some water into the fuel tank before they leave Miami and by the time they get to NC and nearing their refueling stop, they'll be sucking water instead of fuel and they will be sitting ripe for the picking on the highway shoulder.  Have your field crew following the truck and when they break down, it's time for them to earn their pay.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Somebody definitely knew what was inside and planned accordingly.  

Nah, they just released the 911 tapes:
"Oh my God! Oh my God! My armored car has been robbed! I think it was an Asian gang or something... There was this guy, he looked Asian... and he was speaking another language, I'm pretty sure it was... Asian. "
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:03:42 PM EDT
[#23]
N
Quoted:

RALEIGH, N.C. –  Authorities in eastern North Carolina say armed robbers stole $4 million in gold from a truck traveling on Interstate 95 from Florida to Massachusetts.

The Wilson County Sheriff's Office says the two security guards working for Transvalue Inc. of Miami reported pulling to the side of the interstate after their vehicle began having mechanical problems.

They were then approached by three armed men driving a white van who ordered the guards to lie on the ground, tied their hands behind their backs and then marched them into nearby woods. Authorities say the male suspects then unloaded barrels filled with gold and made their getaway.

Link

View Quote

I-95. Check.
Wilson. Check.
Nobody seen nuttin'. Check.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:58:25 PM EDT
[#24]
I had a friend in Toronto who worked for an armored car company delivering gold and cash. They drove around in street clothes, unarmed,in an unmarked van.

They didn't have a regular route and stealth was their security. I had enough info to follow him around rob him.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 7:21:59 AM EDT
[#25]
http://www.wcnc.com/story/news/crime/2015/03/04/sheriff-gold-heist-from-armored-truck-suspicious/24387461/

WILSON, N.C. (AP) - A North Carolina sheriff says there were suspicions that the heist of millions in gold from an armored truck was an inside job.
View Quote

Woodard said the men stopped for gas in Dillon, South Carolina, near the North Carolina line. When they were driving through North Carolina, the passenger in the truck started to feel sick and said he smelled gas.

However, after deputies arrived a mechanic found no problems with the truck.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 7:32:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Do the math. 3 robbers, two guards, divided into 4 million dollars.... Equals 15 to 20 years each.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 10:51:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Here's the key... The robbers allegedly yelled "Policia".

Truck did not break down. One of the crewmen said he was nauseous because he smelled fuel.

Crewmen only spoke Spanish.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 11:02:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Some guys have all the luck.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 11:07:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
So, has Spain claimed it yet?
View Quote

I see what you did there
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 11:39:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Initial reports stated it was headed to a smelter. Also said they didnt take all the cargo. Would be interesting to know if this was their maiden voyage,  and more on the transport crew.

Not hard to sabotage a vehicle.

Also, the inside person could be sweeping the floor at the shipper blabbing to a buddy at a bar. The shipping location never changes,  the vehicle sticks out.  The real question is,  how did they transload the loot? Supposed to be in barrels, time on target and all that. ..
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top