Link Posted: 12/5/2023 7:27:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 7:29:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I hope he dies in a fire
View Quote
FUck that, I hope the next time hes flying on his personal jet, it stalls at 33K and flat spins in. Gives him 30-45 seconds to contemplate his life choices. With luck it crashes right into The Giffords center HQ during a big gun control meeting.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 7:32:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
FUCK chuck schumer
View Quote

them all,  most of them will sell us out if the wind blows the way they want it to.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 7:32:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Israeli gun laws contributed to the October massacre by Hamas.

View Quote

who has time for facts. not the commies
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 9:25:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I wish hogladyte Amy Schumer would fall on him and crush his fuckin' head.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 12:04:23 AM EDT
[#6]

Obviously, this would have never happened if Trump hadn't banned bumpstawks.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 12:36:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

This is correct. We have had a lot of states pass AWBs and magazine restrictions recently.

DE - AWB, mag ban.
IL - AWB, mag ban.
WA - AWB, mag ban.
OR - Mag ban.
RI - Mag ban.

OR and RI are likely to get an AWB considering the make up there.

NV, CO, NM, MN and MI are also in trouble. CO seemingly narrowly avoided an AWB after it was killed in committee. But it seems like it has a high chance of passing. The governor indicated he won't sign an AWB, but he is a Democrat and I think that there is a 50% chance he would change his mind.

NM seemed to have all bills killed early on, but again I think a mag ban is quite likely. Given what the governor is doing and admitting the carry bans won't do anything productive you can assume anything that reaches her desk will be signed into law.

Those two states are in the worst shape as they already have the lower hanging fruit laws passed and signed into law. Next up is NV, which had some gun control pass. However their Republican governor vetoed some recent gun control. Given the Democrats have a large majority in both houses the state is not safe. NV is on the road for some gun control.

MI Democrats are wanting to pass gun control, and have already. Mag bans are likely if then next few elections aren't favorable.

Finally MN is getting some gun control. Likewise for MI, if the next few elections don't go well, I can see mag bans. AWB for MI and MN are possible but likely further down the road for these two states.

In total, 7 states are in rough shape with lass actively being passed or bills being killed by minor margins. I didn't even mention VA, which can very much be in trouble. Since governors can only do one term, their current governor will likely be replaced by an anti gun Democrat in the next year or so.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Interadesting.
Guess they got to keep rattling the saber since gun control seems to be failing on the federal level.
Seems Gun Control is doing good on state levels though.
Rile those Karen's up.
My personal feeling is I think you're trying to do it at a federal level to push more states to push more gun control and legislations.

27 states have permitless Carry, and there is a push for more. 20 years ago that was what 1?2? states. the tide is turning.

Most all the red states have it, there won't be many more constitutional carry states. Maybe LA, NC, and SC after that I don't see much possibilities.

Important to remember the blue states have got the other way with red flag laws, mag bans, assault weapon bans.

I wouldn't say the tide is turning, I'd say we are getting more divided. Twenty years ago the gun laws weren't that different in most states. Now whether you are in a red vs blue state is going to matter.

This is correct. We have had a lot of states pass AWBs and magazine restrictions recently.

DE - AWB, mag ban.
IL - AWB, mag ban.
WA - AWB, mag ban.
OR - Mag ban.
RI - Mag ban.

NV, CO, NM, MN and MI are also in trouble. CO seemingly narrowly avoided an AWB after it was killed in committee. But it seems like it has a high chance of passing. The governor indicated he won't sign an AWB, but he is a Democrat and I think that there is a 50% chance he would change his mind.

NM seemed to have all bills killed early on, but again I think a mag ban is quite likely. Given what the governor is doing and admitting the carry bans won't do anything productive you can assume anything that reaches her desk will be signed into law.

Those two states are in the worst shape as they already have the lower hanging fruit laws passed and signed into law. Next up is NV, which had some gun control pass. However their Republican governor vetoed some recent gun control. Given the Democrats have a large majority in both houses the state is not safe. NV is on the road for some gun control.

MI Democrats are wanting to pass gun control, and have already. Mag bans are likely if then next few elections aren't favorable.

Finally MN is getting some gun control. Likewise for MI, if the next few elections don't go well, I can see mag bans. AWB for MI and MN are possible but likely further down the road for these two states.

In total, 7 states are in rough shape with lass actively being passed or bills being killed by minor margins. I didn't even mention VA, which can very much be in trouble. Since governors can only do one term, their current governor will likely be replaced by an anti gun Democrat in the next year or so.

Aren’t ME and VT on the block, too?

Any state where the Democrats are in control, even by small majorities, is liable to pass gun control. Unlike even 10 years ago, the party is almost fully on board with severe restrictions.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 1:10:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 1:13:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I wish hogladyte Amy Schumer would fall on him and crush his fuckin' head.
View Quote

hogladyte

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 1:17:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
(snip)
After I led the passage of the Brady Bill and the Assault Weapons Ban 30 years ago, America saw a decrease in mass shootings and gun deaths.
(snip)
View Quote
Typical lying, hypocritical scum Democrat.    Every time there's a shooting, these bastards wail about what an epidemic it is.   And this asshole is not only claiming the opposite, the Piece Of Shit is trying to claim credit for it.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 1:19:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Aren't ME and VT on the block, too?
Any state where the Democrats are in control, even by small majorities, is liable to pass gun control. Unlike even 10 years ago, the party is almost fully on board with severe restrictions.
View Quote
All the more outrageous in the light of Bruen, which the Democrat pukes openly ignore, thus far with impunity.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 1:45:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Interadesting.
Guess they got to keep rattling the saber since gun control seems to be failing on the federal level.
Rile those Karen's up.
My personal feeling is I think you're trying to do it at a federal level to push more states to push more gun control and legislations.

27 states have permitless Carry, and there is a push for more. 20 years ago that was what 1?2? states. the tide is turning.

Most all the red states have it, there won't be many more constitutional carry states. Maybe LA, NC, and SC after that I don't see much possibilities.

Important to remember the blue states have got the other way with red flag laws, mag bans, assault weapon bans.

I wouldn't say the tide is turning, I'd say we are getting more divided. Twenty years ago the gun laws weren't that different in most states. Now whether you are in a red vs blue state is going to matter.

DE - AWB, mag ban.
IL - AWB, mag ban.
WA - AWB, mag ban.
OR - Mag ban.
RI - Mag ban.

I didn't include VT because I was only mentioning laws passed within the past 3 years. But I am sure more gun control is likely going up in VT eventually.

ME seems to be more resilient but it seems like a number of Democrats have changed stances recently the very unfortunate event recently. I think ME and VT are in better shape simply because they are already fairly safe, not too far off in homicides rates compared to Canada and can even be lower in some years. But that can change, and I can certainly see more gun control coming up in those states.

Even NH isn't that safe, nor is AZ. NH can easily flip back to Democrats and the Democrats there seem to be about as anti gun as more liberal north east Democrats. AZ is flipping, and their AG is officially speaking in support of California's magazine bans. Their margins are very thin. It would be quite crazy to see a state that is the most pro-gun flip so quickly.

TLDR: Many states are in trouble. CO, WA, IL MI - these are all larger population states. Not everyone can move to the handful of pro-gun states left.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Aren't ME and VT on the block, too?
All the more outrageous in the light of Bruen, which the Democrat pukes openly ignore, thus far with impunity.

More or less. Eventually some of it will get knocked out but it is probably only temporarily. 10-15 years from now can see a reversal of Bruen and/or Heller at the USSC. Historically the USSC seldom overturns its decisions but I think we will be seeing more of that in the future.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 2:09:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Election time saber rattling.

They will always try, I get that.   Sling enough shit at a wall and something is bound to stick eventually.   However, right now I think it's an appearance of trying to do something to maintain relevance with their idiot voting base.
View Quote

He is in danger of the Hamas wing of the Democratic Party turning on him.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 2:17:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Seems like a pro 2A senator should propose an amendment to it...

"Any politician voting to restrict the 2A rights of US Citizens will be legally required to forgo ownership and use of arms and ammunition, and will be prohibited from the hiring, or use of armed security. Penalty for violation will be removal from the house and ineligibility to run for any elected position in the US."

Make them put their money where their mouth is.
View Quote

Meh more like get life in prison and stripped of all assets and all family barred from holding office for 100 generations.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 2:19:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Interadesting.
Rile those Karen's up.

DE - AWB, mag ban.
IL - AWB, mag ban.
WA - AWB, mag ban.
OR - Mag ban.
RI - Mag ban.

Yes and it was always in the cards for these states that lean democrat. It was just a matter of time.

Link Posted: 12/6/2023 2:34:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

While funny, its only a matter of time before the swamp bans semi automatic rifles, a little unrest , terror attacks via government created open borders / government created violence / terror attacks, and stupid sheep will demand gun bans.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Dude, we've won the culture war on this. Stop giving the enemy aid and comfort.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 2:47:18 AM EDT
[#17]
They can fuck off.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 8:36:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I have a bad feeling.
View Quote

We all gotta die sometime....
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 8:56:15 AM EDT
[#19]
As long as our Constitution exists I will not comply with such unconstitutional attacks on freedom. As long as I live I will do my best to defend it. The fact evil people commit senseless acts, the necessity of having weapons to defend ourselves is justified. As long as governments are capable of tyranny, the right of the 2A is necessary. For those who disagree, it is not a debatable issue. You are on the wrong side of the fence.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 9:15:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Shocked they haven't orchestrated a shooting for the vote?
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 9:16:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yeah, that’s been said the last, what, two elections. The Red Wave! Blah blah.
View Quote

I guess you can read minds. I never said red wave. fuckin drama queens.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 9:17:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
As long as our Constitution exists I will not comply with such unconstitutional attacks on freedom. As long as I live I will do my best to defend it. The fact evil people commit senseless acts, the necessity of having weapons to defend ourselves is justified. As long as governments are capable of tyranny, the right of the 2A is necessary. For those who disagree, it is not a debatable issue. You are on the wrong side of the fence.
View Quote

Your rights are natual and come from God.  They are simply recognized in the Constitution.  Never give up your God given rights.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 2:11:14 PM EDT
[#23]
BREAKING JUST DEFEATED IN SENATE
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 2:14:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Excellent.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 2:20:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Excellent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Excellent.

I bet many of them that voted no, are worried about the upcoming elections and don't want to stir the bee's nest anymore.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 2:22:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Fuck you chuck.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 2:23:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

I would of ignored it anyways
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 2:27:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Can someone post a link to see how everyone voted please. I can never seem to find it.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 2:27:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 2:29:49 PM EDT
[#30]
I’m so fucking tired of these crooked politicians saying we must stand for the people
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 2:30:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I bet many of them that voted no, are worried about the upcoming elections and don't want to stir the bee's nest anymore.
View Quote

I’m thinking the opposite, they really don’t want a ban as they can use the this as a political tool to keep there voters riled up.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 2:33:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Spock approves.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 2:37:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

This. They know their constituents have bought a lot of guns recently.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 2:40:58 PM EDT
[#34]
You will have to come get it.

I am still tired of the shit and won't put up with it

because after freedom leaves you get communism.

I'd rather do this sooner, than later.

Come to my street.

Knock on the door.

Break in.

Wat the fuck ever.

I am ready for you.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 2:42:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
You will have to come get it.

I am still tired of the shit and won't put up with it

because after freedom leaves you get communism.

I'd rather do this sooner, than later.

Come to my street.

Knock on the door.

Break in.

Wat the fuck ever.

I am ready for you.
View Quote

Perfect username for this post.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 2:42:28 PM EDT
[#36]
With the bill not having a chance in the Houses I don’t trust any “No” votes.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 2:45:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Chuck Schumer: WE PASSED THE ASSAULT BAN 30 YEARS AGO AND LOWERED SHOOTUNGS!

Chuck Schumer today:  WE MUST PASS THE NEW AWB BECAUSE MASS SHOOTING ARE AT A RECORD!
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 2:46:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
FUCK chuck schumer
View Quote
My sentiments exactly!
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 2:46:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Token measure then to toss their base red meat as they head into the primaries.

May have forced some members to go on record as they had into swing state battles.  

An AWB is a big deal.  Big deal legislation is typically passed after a new Congress is initially sworn in not as its about to head into an election year.  At best these days, they can get one major piece of legislation like that through every four years and it's typically after a popular president is first elected.  Think The Affordable Care Act under Obama during his first term or Trump's Tax Reform bill his first year in office.  

Link Posted: 12/6/2023 2:52:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Reeks of desperation
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 2:56:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Problem is and always has been that we have to win every time just to keep our rights.
They only have to win once to take them.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 2:57:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Israeli gun laws contributed to the October massacre by Hamas.

View Quote

Absolutely
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 3:07:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 3:09:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Noice!
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 3:13:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Interadesting.
Rile those Karen's up.

The count also ignores states with constitutional OPEN carry that require license only for concealed.  While I wish WI was a true constitutional carry state, in the matter of measuring public support for individual RKBA, it's better than no state constitutional carry.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 3:15:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
FUck that, I hope the next time hes flying on his personal jet, it stalls at 33K and flat spins in. Gives him 30-45 seconds to contemplate his life choices. With luck it crashes right into The Giffords center HQ during a big gun control meeting.
View Quote

This guy fucks
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 3:22:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/n725075089_288918_2774-532.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

While funny, its only a matter of time before the swamp bans semi automatic rifles, a little unrest , terror attacks via government created open borders / government created violence / terror attacks, and stupid sheep will demand gun bans.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/n725075089_288918_2774-532.jpg

I get where your coming from, but your assuming our government gives a fuck about its citizens, or their rights, they only care about themselves, and if the think it benefits them, or necessary to maintain control, they will all vote yay, on a new assault weapon ban. SCOTUS won’t save us either.

They and their agencies have been stomping on the constitution daily, with zero consequences, and they will do whatever the fuck they want, UNTIL the high likelihood of very, painful, consequences scares them into following the rules.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 3:24:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Chuck Schumer
@SenSchumer
This week, I will put the Assault Weapons Ban on the Senate floor.

After I led the passage of the Brady Bill and the Assault Weapons Ban 30 years ago, America saw a decrease in mass shootings and gun deaths.

We must stand with the American people and against the gun lobby.
7:12 PM · Dec 4, 2023
View Quote

They didn't vote.  They asked for unanimous consent for AWB and then universal background checks.  One republican opposed each, and they seem to have let them die at that point.

Aren't they at least supposed to pretend to try?
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 3:39:19 PM EDT
[#49]
As expected its blame those evil Republicans for opposing it.

Senate Republicans block assault weapons ban, background checks bill

Senate Republicans on Wednesday blocked efforts by Senate Democrats to pass an assault weapons ban and universal background checks legislation after the United States over the weekend broke the record for most mass shootings in a single year.

Republican Sen. John Barrasso (R-Wyo.) objected to Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer’s (D-N.Y.) request for unanimous consent to pass the assault weapons ban, despite the pleas of Democratic senators who took to the Senate floor to cite the harrowing statistics of gun violence in America.

“The scourge of gun violence in America is a national crisis. The American people are sick and tired of enduring one mass shooting after another. They’re sick and tired of vigil and moments of silence for family, friends, classmates, coworkers,” Schumer argued on the Senate floor.
The assault weapons ban, originally sponsored by late Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), would ban semiautomatic rifles with pistol grips, forward grips and folding or telescoping stocks, as well as rifles outfitted with grenade launchers, barrel shrouds or threaded barrels to allow for noise and flash suppressors to be attached.  

But Barrasso argued that the Democratic-drafted bill would infringe on the Second Amendment and deprive law-abiding gun owners of an important liberty.  

“Americans have a constitutional right to own a firearm. Every day, people across Wyoming responsibly use their Second Amendment rights to keep and bear arms,” he said. “Democrats are demanding that the American people give up their liberty.”  

He said that Democrats are trying to ban many types of semiautomatic firearms “because of the way they look.”

He asserted that popular rifles such as AR-15s “work the same way as popular shotguns and other rifles used for hunting and personal protection.”

“The Second Amendment is freedom’s essential safeguard. Without it, there can be no liberty and there can be no security. So Mr. President, I object.”  

Democratic Sen. Chris Murphy (Conn.) later stood up on the floor to ask for unanimous consent to pass legislation to require universal background checks for firearms purchases.

“We don’t have more mental illness in this country, we don’t spend less money on law enforcement, we don’t have angrier people, we have more guns and we are much more permissive in this country about allowing felons, dangerous people, to get their hands on guns,” he said.

A Gallup poll conducted in June 2022 found that 92 percent of Americans favor requiring background checks for all firearm sales.

“This just feels like a test of democracy. It really does. Like, how does democracy survive if 90 percent of Americans, 90 percent of Republicans, 90 percent of Democrats want something, and we can’t deliver it?” Murphy asked before he asked for unanimous consent to pass the background checks bill.  

Utah Republican Sen. Mike Lee took to the floor immediately to object.  

“I want to note at the outset we’re not asked to vote in this chamber on polling questions. We vote on legislation,” he said.  

He said the legislation to expand background checks “has some real problems with it.”  

“This is not solely about transactions involving guns at gun stores. This is about the father who wishes to pass down a hunting rifle to his son or the friend who wants to lend a shotgun to his neighbor who is in need of protection at the time,” Lee said before objecting to Murphy’s request.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 3:39:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

They didn't vote.  They asked for unanimous consent for AWB and then universal background checks.  One republican opposed each, and they seem to have let them die at that point.

Aren't they at least supposed to pretend to try?
View Quote
They tried to Hughes amendment it.

Didn't work.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top