Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 2:13:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Awesome another way to keep people divided.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 2:13:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Ok Fudd.

Link Posted: 11/5/2019 2:29:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Gen Z: "Wah wah wah... The Boomers have all the money... wah wah wah"

Boomer: "If you work 50 years, invest wisely and don't waste money on expensive toys, you will have money too."

Gen Z: "Wah wah wah... Financial inequality... wah wah wah... Equality of outcome... wah wah wah... I want muh toys now... Give me money!!!"

Boomer: [under breath] "I hope my grandchildren don't turn out this retarded."
View Quote
ok boomer
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 2:32:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Boomer please
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 2:35:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I am become boom, sipper of sips.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 2:42:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Why does White Monster = Boomers?
White Monster is probably the best Monster drink (and I'm a millennial).
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 2:48:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Ok boomer.

Do you even 30 year old boomer meme
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 2:49:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 2:51:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Flashback to 1994 as some Boomer hands out trophies to the entire little league. Looking down at them with disdain he tells them "Here's your participation trophies you self entitled snowflakes. You Millennials make me sick." The group of 7 year olds look on in confusion, with no idea what exactly the old man is ranting about.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 2:59:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
IMO it's like the spoiled teen girl crying how her parents ruined her life by not getting her the new car she wanted...she wanted a new BMW and got a new Civic.

Response: After you Boomers destroyed the family, outsourced all our jobs to China, bankrupted Social Security, and then refused to retire because of your poor retirement planning, it did become more difficult to get the kind of job you need to get a BMW.

It comes from having too easy of a life given to them by the generation they choose to blame for all their own personal failures.

Response: Yes, growing up in the 80s or later was clearly easier than growing up in the 1950s.  Growing up in a broken homes, getting shot at in public schools, and then if you happen to get into college, going into debt for decades pales in comparison to having no remote control for your television.  

Imagine the 1930 depression generation blaming their parents...nope, no time for that when they were hungry with no shoes...then came WWII for them.

Response: imagine being raised by the Greatest Generation, and then proceeding to tear down every institution they built - the church, local communities, marriage, etc. because you smoked a joint in college and decided no one over 30 could be trusted.

Hell these kids have no fucking clue who to blame (but not themselves of course). "It's daddies fault" but wait your generation chose not to marry (have a dad) or even be bothered to have kids...Hmmm. "It's daddies fault too we are becoming a minority" lol.

Response: the kids didn't destroy marriage with no-fault divorce and free love.  The kids didn't pass the 1965 Immigration Act flooding the country with third worlders.  
Boomer criticisms of Millennials aren't even fucking consistent.

One day they'll bitch about how wasteful Millennials are being on stupid shit like Avacado Toast.
But then another day, they'll bitch about how Millennials are spending less on Restaurants and eating more at home.

"Millennials are now killing the [Insert random luxury] industry!"
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 3:01:04 AM EDT
[#11]
I want to beat the shit out of the boomer who thought Popcorn ceilings were a good idea.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 3:10:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It's part of the "30 year old boomer" meme. And I like them too (I'm 40).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OPT96AX6Rs

Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr8QaMlSLjE

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's part of the "30 year old boomer" meme. And I like them too (I'm 40).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OPT96AX6Rs

Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr8QaMlSLjE

Dammit... I'm a 35 year old boomer.
(and Quake II WAS awesome, assholes )
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 3:11:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 3:14:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 3:34:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Embrace it.
View Quote
Tbh, I'm a 25 year old boomer.

But not in the way the "ok boomer" thing is meant.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 3:52:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I’d like to request to the mods to please change my screen name to “Boomer” if it doesn’t already exist.

How about it... is there a @Boomer here already?
View Quote
There can be only one.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 4:03:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
There can be only one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I’d like to request to the mods to please change my screen name to “Boomer” if it doesn’t already exist.

How about it... is there a @Boomer here already?
There can be only one.
lol
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 4:04:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

There can be only one.
View Quote
Ok boomer. Could be a Ok_Boomer

Link Posted: 11/5/2019 4:13:06 AM EDT
[#19]
"OK boomer" was already getting stale before arfcom and NYT even caught wind of it.

That said, arfcom has had a lot of threads lately complaining about cell phones and technology in cars.  
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 4:22:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 4:27:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Haha, oh how the tables have turned. It's boomers being 'snowflakes' instead of millennials now?
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 4:42:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 6:40:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Funny, no one remembers the Lost Generation.

Maybe that is why they are called that.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 7:03:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 7:42:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It’s not really the Boomers fault that they were born in the era of the most sophisticated and refined propaganda machine in world history, and before there were easily accessible alternative media sources to turn to.

Every generation from the invention of mass media until the internet became ubiquitous has been more blue pilled than the one that preceded it, they just don’t see it because they were taught that propaganda is something that happens in communist run countries and and third world shitholes, failing to realize that post war America is the former and gradually transforming into the latter.
View Quote
Damn, spot on.

Fuck FDR
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 7:47:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Lol, the monster even has the reload sound effect.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 7:50:04 AM EDT
[#27]
If you have to use a trendy new word to fit in, you're just a cum guzzling gutter slut
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 8:07:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Muh social security
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 8:10:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
https://img.huffingtonpost.com/asset/5dc084bc210000d34fad4d0b.png?ops=scalefit_630_noupscale

'"Boomer" is the N-word of ageism. Being hip and flip does not make bigotry ok, nor is a derisive epithet acceptable because it is new.'
That is radio host Bob Lonsberry, described in his Twitter bio as an Army veteran and a churchgoing member of the National Rifle Association, taking offense to the use of the word "boomer."

The classification has, indeed, been popping up more often lately, thanks to the emergence of the phrase "ok, boomer," which has become a meme for dismissing out-of-touch arguments from the older generation.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/conservative-radio-host-compares-the-use-of-term-boomer-with-the-n-word-2019-11-04
View Quote
Shit Boomers say.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 8:17:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The more I work around boomers the more I loathe them, most complaining, indecisive whiny bitches ever.
View Quote
More cheese?
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 8:27:29 AM EDT
[#31]
When I hear "Boomer" I think of Fallout New Vegas and guys lobbing rockets from the airfield.

Boomers

Fallout New Vegas- Getting past the Boomers
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 8:41:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Not a boomer, however the younger generation needs to have a modicum of respect for their elders.

It’s just manners.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 8:42:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 8:49:18 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Meanwhile, us Gen X folks just sit back, drink, and laugh at everybody.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 8:54:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Haha, oh how the tables have turned. It's boomers being 'snowflakes' instead of millennials now?
View Quote
They’re both just awful.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 8:54:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Not a boomer, however the younger generation needs to have a modicum of respect for their elders.

It’s just manners.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 9:03:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

It’s just manners.
View Quote
Respect is earned, not automatically given because you just so happen to have been born before someone.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 9:03:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Oh for god's sake...….I don't give a fuck if someone makes fun of me being a Boomer.

Jesus, of all the things to get worked up over in this crazy world.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 9:11:47 AM EDT
[#39]
From my cold dead hands!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 9:14:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The more I work around boomers the more I loathe them, most complaining, indecisive whiny bitches ever.
View Quote
They did not stay in their positions by making rash decisions and I suspect what they are whining/complaining about is the millies not showing up to work on time.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 9:14:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Does all the GD hate for boomers include the 10 million Vietnam era veterans?
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 9:18:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Micah 7:6
For a son dishonors his father, a daughter rises against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; a man's enemies are the members of his own household.

Matthew 10:
21Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; children will rise against their parents and have them put to death. 22You will be hated by everyone on account of My name, but the one who perseveres to the end will be saved.…
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 9:19:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Gen-Xer here - when is someone going to care enough about the existence of my generation enough to insult us?

View Quote
Don’t start no shit, won’t be no shit.

P.S.- shhhhh!!!
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 9:22:34 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
On 4chan they'll call you a boomer.  Pretty much everyone over 30 is a boomer to them.  
View Quote
That 23yo boomer at the gym
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 9:24:47 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Eh, maybe they will spend it all on yard sales and estate auctions. Hunting for "deals" to somehow make their meaningless existence somewhat less soul crushing. Knowing that they are the first and probably only generation to have it better than both their parents and their children.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 9:33:09 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
This is exactly it.  Atomize as many groups as possible, set them against eachother.

This one is especially effective, as it removes the influence of the past.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 9:40:41 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I mean except for Social Security and Medicare.

Yall voted to take that from the younger generations at the barrel of a gun, so it could be argued you worked for it I guess.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you realize no one is going to "GIVE" you anything then you have reached the point of self determination.
I mean except for Social Security and Medicare.

Yall voted to take that from the younger generations at the barrel of a gun, so it could be argued you worked for it I guess.
Unless you're talking to someone that's over 100 years old, "yall" didn't vote for social security. It was an FDR era issue. No boomer (by the strict year definition) voted for Medicare, since it started in 1965. So, you're talking greatest generation there. Further, plenty of younger people voted for the ACA. No generation has clean hands. I'm surprised people think that our current crop of 20-40 year olds could somehow manage to govern any better, on average, than anyone else. It'll be shit just like it's always been. Probably a little worse, since that seems to be the general historical trend.

No matter how much someone "prooves" some other generation is to blame for their trouble, it will not help improve their life. The whole thing is stupid, leaving aside whether or not it's true.

Many older people have a disconnect from younger generations' experiences. Many people in younger generations are lazy and suffer from huge entitlement issues. If you could magically change one of those things, which has the most impact?
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 9:46:09 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yup
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 9:54:45 AM EDT
[#49]
I sent this thread to my millennial daughter her reply was “OMG who’s the snowflake now”?????
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 9:55:39 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I sent this thread to my millennial daughter her reply was “OMG who’s the snowflake now”?????
View Quote
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top