User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 10:56:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Seems like they made it a "cops suck and are racist" message at the end....
View Quote

It took you until the end to determine that the cops sucked and were racist? That’s what they were intentionally portrayed as the entire show. Incompetent/uncaring with racist vibes.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 10:59:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Evil whitey

The production is a race baiting shit show
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 11:29:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Evil whitey

The production is a race baiting shit show
View Quote

So Dahmer, the white guy, wasn’t evil??
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 11:50:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Jeff was a metal head:

Attachment Attached File

Found that on twitter..lol

Some will know.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 11:51:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
We are 3 episodes into it.  It's very well made.  ETA: It's also disturbing to watch.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 11:56:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I was surprised by how several people could smell his apartment but didn't recognize what it was.  He used the excuse of his refrigerator/freezer breaking.  Death/decomp has a distinct smell and the rancid odor of meat that has gone bad isn't close.
View Quote

I don’t think you can expect city people to automatically know that
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 12:05:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Tracy Edwards, the guy who got away, and led police to Dahmer, was just arrested for homicide, the other night. Tracy Edwards
View Quote

Wowza
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 12:11:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

@N1Rampage

More details, links ?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Walsh was beheaded by a Colombian cartel crew because daddy couldn't keep product away from his and his skank wife's nose.

#JustFloridaThings

@N1Rampage

More details, links ?
He was a wanna-be dealer to coked out doctors and shitty lawyers, starting using the stuff fronted to him, didn't pay his debts. The internet tried to scrub the most of it. Some of it it out there.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 12:43:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Trying to tie Dahmer to Walsh is pure retardation.  

Abducting little children at the mall in the white van, offering candy in the style of the cliché pedophile wasn't remotely close to Dahmer’s MO.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 12:46:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
His dad wrote a book, it is amazing in VERY well written.

LIONEL Dahmer
View Quote
I've read it.  It is good.  His son was screwed up and he documents it.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 9:35:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The JWG murder scene was brutal as hell. That guy was every bit the monster Dahmer was.

It begs the question, who was worse?
View Quote

@Bluegrasscardinal

Body count?  Gacey.

Fucked up torture/rape shit done to the victims?  Gacey.  Though Dahmer trying to create zombies was a close second!

Fucked up shit done to victims after murder?  Dahmer.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 9:39:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My good friend plays the man who performed the baptism.  

It was a much larger part, but a lot of the work ended up on the cutting room floor.

It would have been nice to make it more about the forgiving God and God of vengeance.  It was a bit one sided in that episode.

I think it was a great show.  This is a huge hit for Netflix, for sure.
View Quote

@flyhack72

Is your friend religious?
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 9:40:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Good write up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Netflix added some untrue content clearly for sensationalism and to play up the race thing.
Glenda Cleveland did not live in the building “ if you google Cleveland there’s a news story about her and where she lived” her only interaction was with the 14 yr old victim who was a street hustler and did not look 14
In a a FBI report the pictures shown of the 14 yr old victim are from when he was younger he had made himself up to look 18 or 19 which is what he said he was.

The people who did live around Dahmer thought the buildings sewer system was making the smell because that’s what the building manager told them
Dahmer was not ask to move.
He lived there 10 yrs and was a good tenet.
He was frequently seen sitting in front of the apartment building drinking a 40 oz with other residents.
He worked at the Chocolate factory 7 yrs.
Everyone in the building though Dahmer was just a regular Joe.

He kept his apartment clean and neat with the body parts locked away because the knew if the police ever came by they couldn’t search a locked container.
He did not have Aids or hate gays he chose men with slim figures and they willing left with him sometimes for money.
He worshiped Satan and had an alter with two Griffin’s named Leon & Apal that him him the power of illusion.
He got caught on the last victim because to took the wrong glass with the drugs in it.
Dahmer did admit he was glad he got caught because he had gone off the rails and could not control himself anymore he lived to kill.

He was for a short time suspected in the Adam Walsh kidnapping because he was in Miami at that time and a witness later was shown a photo of Dahmer said it was him but he denied ever being at the mall where Walsh was kidnapped and the FBI said Dahmer wasn’t the one.

https://vault.fbi.gov/jeffrey-lionel-dahmer

Good write up.

+1
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 9:52:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

@flyhack72

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was a much larger part, but a lot of the work ended up on the cutting room floor.

It would have been nice to make it more about the forgiving God and God of vengeance.  It was a bit one sided in that episode.

@flyhack72

@C-4
I wouldn't say religious.  Spiritual, yes.

He is a soft spoken, kind dude.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 10:09:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

@C-4

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@flyhack72

@C-4

As a Christian, I thought it was a great scene.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 10:12:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I was surprised by how several people could smell his apartment but didn't recognize what it was.  He used the excuse of his refrigerator/freezer breaking.  Death/decomp has a distinct smell and the rancid odor of meat that has gone bad isn't close.
View Quote

People are minding their own business.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 10:30:51 PM EDT
[#17]
I gotta wonder just how much of the racist hype in the show was real. Even tho she didn't even live in the same building for fucks sake. Its said they chose the "word of a white killer over a black woman" but geeze how much evidence did they really have other than a karen calling police repeatedly with nothing concrete. Even the phone call basically nothing, her asking the police something after the fact

Whats weird is I read the kid she was asking police about who jeff claimed was his boyfriend was the younger brother of another victim of his. weird
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 10:45:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I gotta wonder just how much of the racist hype in the show was real. Even tho she didn't even live in the same building for fucks sake. Its said they chose the "word of a white killer over a black woman" but geeze how much evidence did they really have other than a karen calling police repeatedly with nothing concrete. Even the phone call basically nothing, her asking the police something after the fact

Whats weird is I read the kid she was asking police about who jeff claimed was his boyfriend was the younger brother of another victim of his. weird
View Quote

He was incoherent, bleeding from the rectum and Jeffy had already drilled a hole in his skull and poured acid in it, but the officers failed to notice any of that.

That's some mighty fine police work right there.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 11:04:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/20/2022 11:23:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

He was incoherent, bleeding from the rectum and Jeffy had already drilled a hole in his skull and poured acid in it, but the officers failed to notice any of that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea the kid who was returned and jeff said was drunk, he had long hair too probably covered the hole. and I don't think the cops were gonna do a butthole inspection on a guy who claims his boyfriend and him got drunk and did butt stuff
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 11:34:33 PM EDT
[#21]
No possible way cops in Wisconsin back in the 80's & 90's were racist homophobes. Netflix got this one wrong for sure.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 12:02:56 AM EDT
[#22]
I could t stand niecey  Nash or whatever her name was and inserting Jesse Jackson into this like it was anything more than a political opportunist thing for him was retarded and I fast forwarded through most of it.

Also hilarious that only Evan Peters and Molly ringwald did sconnie accents for it.

It’s so boring in parts but still mostly entertaining.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 12:58:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I could t stand niecey  Nash or whatever her name was and inserting Jesse Jackson into this like it was anything more than a political opportunist thing for him was retarded and I fast forwarded through most of it.

Also hilarious that only Evan Peters and Molly ringwald did sconnie accents for it.

View Quote

The father was funny too, it was mostly boring but the scenes of him he played very well. Played the creep part too well
I have no idea why they had to make a part about glenda cleveland. She WAS NOT his next door neighbor. His real neighbors were Pamela and Vernell Bass who actually smelled his rotting meat and she did eat a sandwich from him probably with body parts

glenda cleveland didn't play any as big of a part of dahmer story as its portrayed in the series. She wasn't his neighbor, She made a couple phone calls after the 1991 incident with the kid he took back, that was it. I have no idea why the series placed her as some strong character in this whole thing when she simply wasn't

Pamela and Vernell Bass were his real neighbors, talked to him often and actually checked on him at times concerned with his welfare, and confronted him like in the series about the smell.

And there were many more more of his actual neighbors who were knew of the stench, his other issues, complained to landlord, yet we only see one woman in the series, who didn't actually live with him. I have no clue why they chose glenda cleveland as being the big part in this show
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 7:12:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The father was funny too, it was mostly boring but the scenes of him he played very well. Played the creep part too well
I have no idea why they had to make a part about glenda cleveland. She WAS NOT his next door neighbor. His real neighbors were Pamela and Vernell Bass who actually smelled his rotting meat and she did eat a sandwich from him probably with body parts

glenda cleveland didn't play any as big of a part of dahmer story as its portrayed in the series. She wasn't his neighbor, She made a couple phone calls after the 1991 incident with the kid he took back, that was it. I have no idea why the series placed her as some strong character in this whole thing when she simply wasn't

Pamela and Vernell Bass were his real neighbors, talked to him often and actually checked on him at times concerned with his welfare, and confronted him like in the series about the smell.

And there were many more more of his actual neighbors who were knew of the stench, his other issues, complained to landlord, yet we only see one woman in the series, who didn't actually live with him. I have no clue why they chose glenda cleveland as being the big part in this show
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe they just used her as a vehicle to criticize the police?  Not that they didn’t fuck up with the Laotian teen.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 7:32:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I’m going to chew on watching this move before I actually see it.

View Quote

It isn't gory like it could have been.  It does explore how mental health issues often are hidden in the background and how police ignore obvious issues in downtrodden areas.  Both of these problems are a real thing.  Of course the reasons for the police ignoring shitty areas is because you can't fix stupid in many cases.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 1:43:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
No it's FAR worse now.

They were let go back then due to gross incompetence.

Now they let them go deliberately.
View Quote

Even worse is how CPS gives kids back to abusive parents, who face little to no repercussions.

Social workers always want to give the 'family' another chance to succeed, ignoring the things about the family that make it almost impossible.
Link Posted: 10/22/2022 8:27:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
We are 3 episodes into it.  It's very well made.  ETA: It's also disturbing to watch.
View Quote

I just finished E3 and don't find it too disturbing. Not a lot of gore just have to think what a messed up person this man was.
Link Posted: 10/22/2022 8:29:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is what I've been saying.
Link Posted: 10/22/2022 10:03:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@flyhack72

@C-4

Me too.  Not just because Troy was in the scene.  After the cut, it was a pretty small part, but very important in Dahmer's journey.  It can really challenge the viewer's religious beliefs.

I wish they hadn't cut it down so much. I wanted to see more of a balance between his perspective and Dahmer's killer.

That probably would have made Dahmer look more sympathetic though so I understand the choice.  But why have the episode's title imply a debate when it only portrays one side?

Maybe they were saying that death shows no mercy no matter where you are spiritually.  After all Dahmer did the same thing to his victims.

It sure makes you think!
Link Posted: 10/22/2022 11:24:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Last three or four episodes where pretty much trash.

It seems obvious that they wrote them exclusively to prove that the writers are "socially conscious" and not simply making a profit off the Dahmer crimes like the people they negatively portrayed in the very same episodes.
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 4:25:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I thought she was very familiar as well.  Looked it up the same to confirm what I thought.

Not nearly as bangable as 20+ years ago.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was curious about who played his step mom in the series. Had to look it up. Had no idea it was her. Not gonna say who so you can figure it out or look it up. Or maybe you already know.  Haven't seen her in a while.
I thought she was very familiar as well.  Looked it up the same to confirm what I thought.

Not nearly as bangable as 20+ years ago.

wow you guys have a good eye. She looked familiar but had no idea who she was
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 8:02:16 AM EDT
[#32]
The gay in the first episode was over the top.  The other episodes were good.  Mom was on massive drugs during her pregnancy.   She was also mentally ill.  

We will never know what caused him to be the way he was.
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 8:08:48 AM EDT
[#33]
The race stuff in the movie is fact based
The stupid left got wind of some black kids missing and murdered and it turned out that a white dude was responsible -  hell, is it a shocker that they wouldn’t exploit that?  Jesse Jackson couldn’t get there fast enough.
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 8:38:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Just finished it.

- forgot about the rich guy that swooped in and bought the building - just so he could destroy everything.

- yep.  That was the MPD in the 90's.  If you had half-a-brain you did everything you could to avoid having to deal with them.

- the Oxford Apartment building they used/showed looked different than what i remembered.

- really surprised they didn't go more into that racist piece of shit Jesse Anderson and his crime.

Overall, I rate the series:  DEEEPRESSING
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 11:05:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Me too.  Not just because Troy was in the scene.  After the cut, it was a pretty small part, but very important in Dahmer's journey.  It can really challenge the viewer's religious beliefs.

I wish they hadn't cut it down so much. I wanted to see more of a balance between his perspective and Dahmer's killer.

That probably would have made Dahmer look more sympathetic though so I understand the choice.  But why have the episode's title imply a debate when it only portrays one side?

Maybe they were saying that death shows no mercy no matter where you are spiritually.  After all Dahmer did the same thing to his victims.

It sure makes you think!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@flyhack72

@C-4

It sure makes you think!

Indeed!
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 11:11:45 PM EDT
[#36]
One of the creepier parts of the movie is the explanation of splanchnophilia.  It goes down a rabbit hole if you think about it too much!

This is the only clip I could find of it (TikTok).  Enlarge the screen, turn the volume up and read the subtitles.  I’ll post this as a separate thread.

https://www.tiktok.com/@shadduy/video/7147399165604072710?is_from_webapp=v1&item_id=7147399165604072710
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top