Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

More likely code for "You won't be here much longer."

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that code for "Can't come up with an answer"?

It may have been extremely harsh, but it didn't look like a CoC violation to me.

Accusing someone of thinking all human life is worthless and being a Nazi, probably is, tho.   I wonder if that person will get a timeout?

I hope he doesn't, honestly.   This is great entertainment.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 6:06:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Dude, you just said it is justifiable to murder innocent children if their parents are assholes, I don't think you really have a leg to stand on if someone else thinks it's justifiable because their parents are shitbirds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay so you're telling me people who were enslaved, beaten and killed who kept their faith in God, and God giving warning after warning finally takes drastic matters because they're not freeing his people proving a point. To me and a lot of people, that's justice.

Quoted:

I see a lot of atheists who proclaim that they have just as many morals as a Christian and then turn right around and say a unborn baby can be murdered because they don't want to have to pay for the baby, because it had crap birds for parents.

Dude, you just said it is justifiable to murder innocent children if their parents are assholes, I don't think you really have a leg to stand on if someone else thinks it's justifiable because their parents are shitbirds.

I keep forgetting that wanting nothing to do with your children vs holding people as slaves, murdering, torturing them is totally the same thing. Keep reaching though. You almost convinced me.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 6:10:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It may have been extremely harsh, but it didn't look like a CoC violation to me.

Accusing someone of thinking all human life is worthless and being a Nazi, probably is, tho.   I wonder if that person will get a timeout?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh, it is what it is. Thinking a group of people as slaves while killing, and torturing them is wrong and should be punished. However when its the Hebrews, Jews or Christians it seems to get a pass and is okay. Hence the comparison.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 6:17:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Meh, it is what it is. Thinking a group of people as slaves while killing, and torturing them is wrong and should be punished. However when its the Hebrews, Jews or Christians it seems to get a pass and is okay. Hence the comparison.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jinxsters:
I'm sure though you're okay with it. [Enslaving Jews] They were Hebrews. They deserved it. You should put Hail Hitler in your sig. Both of you have the same line of thought.

Just so we're clear.

You are hopelessly mired in some hilarious biases that require astounding feats of mental gymnastics to maintain.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 6:37:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Okay so you're telling me people who were enslaved, beaten and killed who kept their faith in God, and God giving warning after warning finally takes drastic matters because they're not freeing his people proving a point. To me and a lot of people, that's justice.
I'm sure though you're okay with it. They were Hebrews. They deserved it. You should put Hail Hitler in your sig. Both of you have the same line of thought.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah. You're talking about having morals while believing human life is worthless. Keep talking about morals though. I enjoy having a good laugh.
You mean like the worthless human life that god destroyed in the bible, the children in Egypt solely so he could prove a point?
Oh yeah, I'm sorry...god is allowed to kill humans on a whim, because he's god, and he's above morality.
That right there is an example of how theistic morality is just made up as it goes along.  If a theist decides one day that god wants him to kill people, including innocent people or even children...well, who he is to argue? God knows whats best, better follow the orders.
Just like Phil in the OP.  I have no doubt in my mind he'd have no problem trampling over freedoms if he thinks doing so would "honor god" or "protect" his sad god from "evil people" who don't believe in him.

I'm sure though you're okay with it. They were Hebrews. They deserved it. You should put Hail Hitler in your sig. Both of you have the same line of thought.
God hardened the Pharoh's heart.  It wasn't a question of free will, it was a question of god wanting to make a point.
God set up an elaborate ruse to kill children in order to make an example out of them.  It wasn't people "getting what the deserve for not listening" it was innocent people dying because god intentionally made their ruler behave in a certain way.
Sorry, that your god doesn't value human life, and is thus by your logic, completely immoral.  I happen to agree, the god of the bible is completely immortal based on his own actions.

No, I never said that, people like you, and Phil are the only ones talking about who deserves to be raped and killed, both when you need to make up some rediculous false narrative about "what atheists really believe" so that you can point out how bad they are.

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 6:40:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Dude - that's over the friggin' line.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I always enjoyed the sermon on the mount.

It talks about doing certain things, like treating your neighbor as you would yourself, and you will be blessed. It gives a lot of examples of being blessed. However being blessed is different then being saved. You can still have good moral values and be blessed. That's the meat of it.

Do you think any of the millions and millions and millions of Jews and Slavs that Hitler killed during the Holocaust did those "certain things"? Do you suppose that some of them may have followed the "Golden Rule", the ethic of reciprocity?

Maybe they weren't blessed because they just weren't praying hard enough when the gas started coming through the vents.

Dude - that's over the friggin' line.

It's just a variation on the same question that gets asked every year in America during tornado season in the midwest.

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 7:18:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I keep forgetting that wanting nothing to do with your children vs holding people as slaves, murdering, torturing them is totally the same thing. Keep reaching though. You almost convinced me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I see a lot of atheists who proclaim that they have just as many morals as a Christian and then turn right around and say a unborn baby can be murdered because they don't want to have to pay for the baby, because it had crap birds for parents.

Both cases involve "innocent children" under your metric being murdered. However one is justifiable and the other not, because God.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 8:19:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 8:49:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I don't care what it is. Atheist, religious, black, white, whatever - it's despicable how some people choose to engage others. Apparently, there is no limit to how low one can go. I, for one, am out of this discussion.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's just a variation on the same question that gets asked every year in America during tornado season in the midwest.

I don't care what it is. Atheist, religious, black, white, whatever - it's despicable how some people choose to engage others. Apparently, there is no limit to how low one can go. I, for one, am out of this discussion.

meh, don't feed the trolls; they're just looking for attention anyway
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:03:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

He's talking about the children, not the parents. In both cases, innocents are being killed. However, because the parents were enslaving, murdering, and torturing a group of people, god deems it justifiable to slaughter their innocent children as well.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 8:13:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 8:49:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 9:01:51 PM EDT
[#13]
This thread was alot cooler when we were discussing the pros and cons of the genocide of untermensch hybrid demon-humans with 12 fingers.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 9:05:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 9:06:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I've seen your toes, Hobbit boy. You're going down like Frodo without potatoes.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This thread was alot cooler when we were discussing the pros and cons of the genocide of untermensch hybrid demon-humans with 12 fingers.

I've seen your toes, Hobbit boy. You're going down like Frodo without potatoes.

What's taters, precious?  Are they scrumptious?
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 9:07:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Just when I thought this thread was dead. Zhukov pulls it back in.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 9:08:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

You might say...

He resurrected it.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 9:09:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You might say...

He resurrected it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You might say...

He resurrected it.

lol
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 9:28:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 9:33:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 9:35:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 9:37:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I didn't say it, that's Phil Robertson's message and he's booked up for months at big buck church speaking engagements so someone is buying his message of vitriol.  
View Quote

You mean... saying outrageous stuff that alot of people with disposable income agree with or relate to can lead to increased sales?

This sounds like economic voodoo.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 9:40:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 9:44:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I merely gave one interpretation of what he may have been thinking. Maybe my interpretation is correct, or maybe he's really that cynical and you are right.

One thing to keep in mind: They've got a ton of money already. I think he and his wife are estimated to have a net worth of $30 Million combined if what Google says is correct. But I honestly don't know what is in his heart.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Phil Robertson uses the time honored tradition of "attacking the other" can't really get away with saying shit about Jews and Catholics anymore so he demonizes homosexuals and atheists. They are "the evil and ungodly and unlike us".  

Please exit through the gift shop, don't forget to buy a copy of "the duck commander bible"

I merely gave one interpretation of what he may have been thinking. Maybe my interpretation is correct, or maybe he's really that cynical and you are right.

One thing to keep in mind: They've got a ton of money already. I think he and his wife are estimated to have a net worth of $30 Million combined if what Google says is correct. But I honestly don't know what is in his heart.

I doubt he's cynical. He's done a lot of great things for a lot of people in need. He's old school. My grandfather was like him. Didn't matter if you were Black, Gay, diseased, or poor. He was a very kind man and would give any person who needed a hand a hand. However when it came to doing the actual sin he had Old testament on his mind.

It's like going to a church where they sing the same songs over and over for years and years, then you go to a newer song. Old people hate that. They like to keep what they think is tradition.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 9:45:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I didn't say it, that's Phil Robertson's message and he's booked up for months at big buck church speaking engagements so someone is buying his message of vitriol.  
View Quote

Or maybe that's just your impression of what he said.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 9:52:03 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
You might say...

He resurrected it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You might say...

He resurrected it.
YEEEAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!

Link Posted: 4/6/2015 6:44:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Two guys break into an atheist’s home. He has a little atheist wife and two little atheist daughters. Two guys break into his home and tie him up in a chair and gag him and then they take his two daughters in front of him and rape both of ‘em and then shoot him and they take his wife and decapitate her head off in from of him. And then they can look at him and say isn’t it great that I don’t have to worry about being judged … there’s no right or wrong … and then you take a sharp knife and take his manhood and hold it in front of him and say wouldn’t it be something if this was something wrong with this, but you’re the one who says theres no God, there’s no right, there’s no wrong…. so we’re just having fun. We’re sick in the head. Have a nice day.” - Phil Robertson

Which part do you think Aimless is misunderstanding?
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 11:10:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 12:50:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 4:11:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 4:16:51 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

That is a completely inaccurate report of what he said because you read nothing more than just that quote as it was widely reported in the media. You're claiming he implied "this is what atheism gets you," when the next sentence in the report stated that "Robertson ended his example by claiming that the atheists would surely believe that the criminals’ actions against them "just ain’t right.”"

So again: He used a grotesque analogy to illustrate that it is wrong and even atheists would think so. His belief that it is God who instills morals is completely incorrect as far as atheists are concerned. To claim that he thinks atheists deserve this treatment is ludicrous though.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So he's telling a parable about atheist children being raped in front of their atheist father, who is castrated and shot and told "ha this is what atheism gets you mother fucker!" because er....er....

That is a completely inaccurate report of what he said because you read nothing more than just that quote as it was widely reported in the media. You're claiming he implied "this is what atheism gets you," when the next sentence in the report stated that "Robertson ended his example by claiming that the atheists would surely believe that the criminals’ actions against them "just ain’t right.”"

So again: He used a grotesque analogy to illustrate that it is wrong and even atheists would think so. His belief that it is God who instills morals is completely incorrect as far as atheists are concerned. To claim that he thinks atheists deserve this treatment is ludicrous though.

You need to listen to the audio, his delivery is a smug dig trying to convey that atheists deserve what happen because of the alleged moral relativism of atheism and that the atheist is whining that what's happening to them "just ain't right."

He's projecting and arguably fantasizing about it as some sort of retribution story.

Link Posted: 4/6/2015 4:19:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So he's telling a parable about atheist children being raped in front of their atheist father, who is castrated and shot and told "ha this is what atheism gets you mother fucker!" because er....er....

He used a very detailed analogy filled with things that never would have come to most people's minds.

I wonder if the scenario just popped into his brain or if he spent some time working it out.

Either possibility raises questions.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 4:30:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 7:29:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 7:57:40 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Look guys - I'm not a Phil Robertson apologist. I, too, find the analogy horrifying and uncalled for (which I have stated several times) and only thought to describe what he MAY have been thinking about. From what you guys are describing, he certainly sounds like he had a lot of malice in his speech and I (admittedly) didn't listen to it.

Keep this in mind though: Just a few pages back someone ridiculed Christians by saying they ended up in the gas chambers because they didn't pray hard enough and none of you guys batted an eyelash and decried that as being just as over-the-top.
View Quote

Did you listen to the audio?

https://soundcloud.com/rightwingwatch/phil-robertson-on-atheist-family-getting-raped-killed

Link Posted: 4/6/2015 10:15:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 10:18:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

He used a very detailed analogy filled with things that never would have come to most people's minds.

I wonder if the scenario just popped into his brain or if he spent some time working it out.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it is a masturbatory fantasy of his.
I saw his swamp donkey of a Wife on Fox and Friends this morning making some kinda butter shit casseroles.
That would explain a lot.  She's not the 12 year old he married anymore.
Page / 25
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top