Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 10:56:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 10:57:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Definitely Russian propaganda. But also real and it means we need to send more money.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 10:59:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 11:00:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Definitely Russian propaganda. But also real and it means we need to send more money.
View Quote

Yep.  Send more money so the American industrial war machine can order new equipment, send more profits to gov contractors, give more money to PACs and lobbyists to give to politicians, who then vote to send more money.  One big laundering circle jerk  in which everyone but you, me, and the Russian and Ukranian soldier are getting rich.  

Link Posted: 8/29/2023 11:01:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It’s none of my business what they do..
My problem is here.
View Quote

Agreed, but where I draw the line is when they demand we pay for what they do. Ukrainian pensioners and all.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 11:01:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They are not going to win....eventually the Russians will overtake them...... its just a matter of time...... stop finding this cover up for the Bidens that is all this is......!!!!
View Quote

Everyone knows this even the ukibros but lets send them to the meat grinder  
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 11:01:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm having trouble connecting to Twitter (X) right now but watch Tucker's interview with the general when he talks about Ukraine's losses.

I don't know the guy well but he puts Ukraine losses at 400,000 and Russia around 40,000 IIRC.
View Quote

Ukraine has 40k Russians alone probably in their morgues awaiting transfer back, much less 40k total Russian dead.

Macgregor is an absolute moron about this war and not a single person has been able to prove him right.

Link Posted: 8/29/2023 11:02:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
In before it's claimed that the BBC and New York Times are russian propaganda.
View Quote

They definitely used to be.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 11:03:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The numbers are not in Ukraine's favor.

Russia should have crushed them by now, clearly Russia's military sucked worse than anyone thought possible but, the numbers are still not in Ukraine's favor.
View Quote

Why should Russia be in any hurry to end the conflict? They are placing a financial drain on the West. They seem to have no shortage of rockets, missiles, drones and artillery.

Why pass up a chance to make Biden and other Western leaders look like fools?
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 11:04:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Uke Bois purposely ignorant of the facts…
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Uke Bois purposely ignorant of the facts…

Such as why you continuously parrot Russian propaganda and wave Russian flags?

Quoted:

Everyone knows this even the ukibros but lets send them to the meat grinder  

Who is making Ukraine fight? Nobody.

They are fighting so they aren't ethnically cleansed and genocided like Ukraine was in the 1930s.

Link Posted: 8/29/2023 11:04:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 11:04:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 11:05:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You have “drawn a line”?

What if they cross it?  What then?
View Quote

its an idiomatic expression, que no?
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 11:05:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Dozens of Ukrainians dying every day is probably accurate but that makes the claimed 400k number obviously bullshit.

Ukraine has Russian losses averaging 500-1000 a day and the total they claim is 260k, which is a accurate extrapolation of the number of days times the claimed daily losses. Simple math.

Ghost of Kiev probably started out as truth but then the guy was killed so they kept it going for morale, understandable.

“Russian warship, go fuck yourself” happened, Ukraine thought the defenders were killed but they surrendered and were part of a prisoner swap, Snake Island is now back under Ukrainian control.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm having trouble connecting to Twitter (X) right now but watch Tucker's interview with the general when he talks about Ukraine's losses.

I don't know the guy well but he puts Ukraine losses at 400,000 and Russia around 40,000 IIRC.

Two apologists parroting Russian propaganda talking points.

Propaganda points?

Ghost of Kiev?

Marines on an island telling Russia off as they are wiped out?

Ring any bells?

Both sides are guilty of propaganda.

Dozens of Ukrainians dying every day is probably accurate but that makes the claimed 400k number obviously bullshit.

Ukraine has Russian losses averaging 500-1000 a day and the total they claim is 260k, which is a accurate extrapolation of the number of days times the claimed daily losses. Simple math.

Ghost of Kiev probably started out as truth but then the guy was killed so they kept it going for morale, understandable.

“Russian warship, go fuck yourself” happened, Ukraine thought the defenders were killed but they surrendered and were part of a prisoner swap, Snake Island is now back under Ukrainian control.

Those claims seem as ridiculous as the Russian claims.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 11:07:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Those claims seem as ridiculous as the Russian claims.
View Quote

Nah it's all true and been verified. The Ukrainian MOD is as far from being Russian propaganda as it gets.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 11:08:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You're an active duty officer as I recall.  I have a question of you if you don't mind.  Other than things like your obvious interest in this conflict, who is responsible for watching this war and squeezing out as much information and learning as we can out of it?  The Intelligence depts. of each service, or is there something unified?  It occurred to me that the tactical and logistics lessons may well outweigh even the notion of putting down the Russian army.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope. But day by day, they grind forward a few hundred meters in some places, and hold the line in others.

You're an active duty officer as I recall.  I have a question of you if you don't mind.  Other than things like your obvious interest in this conflict, who is responsible for watching this war and squeezing out as much information and learning as we can out of it?  The Intelligence depts. of each service, or is there something unified?  It occurred to me that the tactical and logistics lessons may well outweigh even the notion of putting down the Russian army.

I got an officer vibe.

The first gulf war was an awesome commercial showing the superiority of NATO weapons vs Eastern weapons.

Those generals elected to the board of defense contractors have retired.

The next generation of russian/eastern equipment is being tested by the new board of defense contractors fresh from the GWOT.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 11:09:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Why should Russia be in any hurry to end the conflict? They are placing a financial drain on the West. They seem to have no shortage of rockets, missiles, drones and artillery.

Why pass up a chance to make Biden and other Western leaders look like fools?
View Quote

It's Russia that looks like fools.  They can't take a neighboring county that is using the Wests expired ammo.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 11:12:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You have “drawn a line”?

What if they cross it?  What then?
View Quote

Personally, sure. But they already have with the American people. It's why the majority of Americans do not support continued aid for Ukraine and continued support has become a net negative for American politicians.

Sorry this is happening to you...
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 11:13:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I got an officer vibe.

The first gulf war was an awesome commercial showing the superiority of NATO weapons vs Eastern weapons.

Those generals elected to the board of defense contractors have retired.

The next generation of russian/eastern equipment is being tested by the new board of defense contractors fresh from the GWOT.
View Quote

How is that equipment performing?

Link Posted: 8/29/2023 11:13:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Agreed, but where I draw the line is when they demand we pay for what they do. Ukrainian pensioners and all.
View Quote

Russia drew a lot of lines too, too bad those were ignored.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 11:15:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It's Russia that looks like fools.  They can't take a neighboring county that is using the Wests expired ammo.
View Quote

Where did you get the idea Putin wanted all of Ukraine?

Link Posted: 8/29/2023 11:42:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some certainly seem to think the plan was to grab all of Ukraine.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 11:53:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

The Russian victory declaration on February 26th, 2022 stating "Ukraine has returned to Russia".

Also: Putin's essay called "The historical unity of Ukraine and Russia".

Makes you wonder, huh?
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 11:54:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:01:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:14:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The Russian victory declaration on February 26th, 2022 stating "Ukraine has returned to Russia".

Also: Putin's essay called "The historical unity of Ukraine and Russia".

Makes you wonder, huh?
View Quote

No it doesn't.  You think Putin wrote that essay....really?  That's not how this works; that's not how any of this works.  Do you think professional wrestling is real?  I hope Ukraine kicks them the fuck out of their country but if Russian can hold the East they got what they wanted.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:18:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Whoah! In before “troll” rating.
View Quote

Legitimate article.

Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:22:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
That's how offensive actions against static fortifications work when you can't JDAM anything that moves.

Sucks for everyone involved.
View Quote

JDAMing camel jockeys ain't really an achievment....sorry to burst the bubble...
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:30:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

JDAMing camel jockeys ain't really an achievment....sorry to burst the bubble...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's how offensive actions against static fortifications work when you can't JDAM anything that moves.

Sucks for everyone involved.

Hellfiring Wagner sure is.

Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:31:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I'm making a comparison.

Russia says dozens of Ukrainians dead every day, 400k Ukrainians dead

Ukraine says 500-1000 Russians dead event day, 250k Russians dead

Who has more evidence backing up their claims? Who has videos showing enemy losses and who has unsubstantiated claims.
View Quote
There are plenty of videos showing Ukrainian losses, but conveniently those are labeled "Russian Propaganda" and ignored.

Just a year ago Ukraine was claiming they only had 9,000 dead , which was a ridiculously low number but everyone believed it until Milley popped the bubble and estimated their casualty count was over 10 times that amount .

The latest total from US officials -- who one would assume have access to the best numbers available -- is around 500,000 for both , with about 120,000 dead for Russia and 70,000 dead for Ukraine.

While that sounds like Ukraine is really sticking it to Ivan the reality is in proportion to population the Ukies are getting bled white.  Russia started this war with about 3.5 times the population of Ukraine, so Ukraine's death total is equal to about 240,000 Russian dead.  In proportion to population Ukraine is losing two men for every Russian they kill.

The same thing happened in the US Civil War:  Lee slapped the Army of the Potomac around for the first couple of years, but in doing so he lost about 100,000 of his best troops killed or wounded.  While he usually inflicted even greater casualties on the US Army in terms of population he was losing every time he fought, until he eventually couldn't fight any longer.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:33:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Don't fret, UkeBros, Russia will surrender any day now.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:40:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

That guy is seriously out of touch with intel, current technology, and the readiness of the Army. It's like he forgot everything about air land battle. He has no clue about our current weapons capabilities and how we would employ the against Russia if we got into a fight. He makes a lot of assumptions and assertions that are just not backed up by facts. Are both Ukraine and Russia taking significant casualties? You bet they are. It's called LSCO with two Armies with near parity of capabilities. It's going to be ugly. Nobody is really going to win this war, but there is a lot of bullshit to cut through and Tucker's interview was sub par.

ETA: I'm not attacking you, I just don't know how a senior field grade can be so out there, but then again I know people that have been retired for about a decade and have no clue about how much has changed in the past 10 years.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:44:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Don't fret, UkeBros, Russia will surrender any day now.
View Quote

The breakthrough is happening any day! Anyways let's giggle over some memes and high definition videos of scared teenagers conscripted from buttfuckistan dying slowly to drone dropped munitions. Just don't ever look at a zoomed out map of the progress of the offensive to show how little territory has been regained for the amount of blood spilled. It's a bargain for the US, after all. War is so stupid
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:48:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
There are plenty of videos showing Ukrainian losses, but conveniently those are labeled "Russian Propaganda" and ignored.

Just a year ago Ukraine was claiming they only had 9,000 dead , which was a ridiculously low number but everyone believed it until Milley popped the bubble and estimated their casualty count was over 10 times that amount .

The latest total from US officials -- who one would assume have access to the best numbers available -- is around 500,000 for both , with about 120,000 dead for Russia and 70,000 dead for Ukraine.

While that sounds like Ukraine is really sticking it to Ivan the reality is in proportion to population the Ukies are getting bled white.  Russia started this war with about 3.5 times the population of Ukraine, so Ukraine's death total is equal to about 240,000 Russian dead.  In proportion to population Ukraine is losing two men for every Russian they kill.

The same thing happened in the US Civil War:  Lee slapped the Army of the Potomac around for the first couple of years, but in doing so he lost about 100,000 of his best troops killed or wounded.  While he usually inflicted even greater casualties on the US Army in terms of population he was losing every time he fought, until he eventually couldn't fight any longer.
View Quote

No one should be writing off all videos of Ukrainian losses, that's stupid. It absolutely happens sometimes, though scale is arguable. We have actual footage of Russian zombie hordes from back in the Wagner heyday, we don't have that from Ukrainians. Ukrainian leadership has very recently taken criticism from the west for being too conservative.

This "everyone-knows" common knowledge that Russia has endless serfs to throw into trenches is inaccurate. Putin doesn't want to declare it a war, because that means things by law, hence still calling it a "special military operation" even though actual Russians very carefully make fun of it. They have a worker shortage so they're importing ethnic minorities to do construction work, resulting in ethnic tensions- a group of those workers killed a guy the other night causing lots of torches and pitchforks on Telegram. But they know they need the bodies. COL Shouvalov is TG poster who' s gone into great detail about why it's impossible to do a second mobilization- in part, it's because they got 30,000 usable bodies while 60,000 left the country.

They are not the Soviet Union.

Ukraine meanwhile is still working on their first mobilization and still needs stuff more than people.
I'm not gonna tell you how to interpret that, but it appears it ain't "bled white".

Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:56:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Russia says dozens of Ukrainians dead every day, 400k Ukrainians dead
View Quote

Do they say this? If you look at the Intel Republic channel, their August 28th Sitrep reports 420 Ukrainian losses in Donetsk and 20 in Kherson.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:57:06 AM EDT
[#36]
At some point they are gonna run out of people and or resources.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:59:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

No one should be writing off all videos of Ukrainian losses, that's stupid. It absolutely happens sometimes, though scale is arguable. We have actual footage of Russian zombie hordes from back in the Wagner heyday, we don't have that from Ukrainians. Ukrainian leadership has very recently taken criticism from the west for being too conservative.

This "everyone-knows" common knowledge that Russia has endless serfs to throw into trenches is inaccurate. Putin doesn't want to declare it a war, because that means things by law, hence still calling it a "special military operation" even though actual Russians very carefully make fun of it. They have a worker shortage so they're importing ethnic minorities to do construction work, resulting in ethnic tensions- a group of those workers killed a guy the other night causing lots of torches and pitchforks on Telegram. But they know they need the bodies. COL Shouvalov is TG poster who' s gone into great detail about why it's impossible to do a second mobilization- in part, it's because they got 30,000 usable bodies while 60,000 left the country.

Ukraine meanwhile is still working on their first mobilization and still needs stuff more than people.
I'm not gonna tell you how to interpret that, but it appears it ain't "bled white".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL.  60,000 Russians, out of a population of 140 million, left the country?  Oh my!  Whatever will they do?

Roughly 1/7 of Ukraine's pre-war population -- six million Ukrainians, including an estimated 600,000 Ukrainian men -- have fled the country .  And despite claims to the contrary, a lot of them are military-aged males who don't want to fight.

Ukraine needs to end this soon, because the math isn't in their favor -- no matter how many wunderwaffen NATO sends them.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 1:01:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
LOL.  60,000 Russians, out of a population of 140 million, left the country?  Oh my!  Whatever will they do?

Roughly 1/7 of Ukraine's pre-war population -- six million Ukrainians, including an estimated 600,000 Ukrainian men -- have fled the country .  And despite claims to the contrary, a lot of them are military-aged males who don't want to fight.

Ukraine needs to end this soon, because the math isn't in their favor -- no matter how many wunderwaffen NATO sends them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is incredibly sad that saying this will lead you to be labeled a Putin puffer or pro Russia. They might even call you a bot or paid opposition.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 1:17:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
At some point they are gonna run out of people and or resources.
View Quote

Will the ukebros then shift the goalposts to american kids? Idk, but I really dont see a point in which they wont support their "team."
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 1:26:46 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Hellfiring Wagner sure is.

View Quote

You rang?
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 1:26:52 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Will the ukebros then shift the goalposts to american kids? Idk, but I really dont see a point in which they wont support their "team."
View Quote

Not their kids, of course. But yours and mine? I bet many, likely a majority, would support direct US involvement to “kill muh orcs”. It’s insanity but here we are.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 1:41:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

No, about 700,000 left up front. The 60,000 was after the mobilization was announced.

But don't tell me, you literally have to convince the Russians of this.

Not the MoD, of course.
Actual Russians. They have no interest in this war, and national leadership knows it.

See how far down Moscow and St Petersburg are, which also happens to be in the tiny part of the country that's actually densely populated?

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/2022/10/21/where-are-russias-newest-soldiers-coming-from

The ethnic minorities from flyover oblasts have been shouldering the weight of the war, and some of them know it. Chechnya and Ingushetia haven't contributed much, because everything Putin gets out of them has to be essentially paid for, and both regions are not universally happy about being a member of the RF.

IntelBrief: Trouble Brewing on Russia’s Periphery

https://theworld.org/stories/2023-05-22/ethnic-minorities-russia-are-campaigning-breakup-country
https://www.aljazeera.com/features/2022/10/25/russia-putin-is-using-ethnic-minorities-to-fight-in-ukraine
https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2023/01/30/population-decline-in-russias-small-indigenous-groups-continues-report-a80089

Chechen activist, critic of Ramzan Kadyrov Mansur Movlaev detained in Kyrgyzstan
https://svodka.akipress.org/news:1972017

"After a serious illness, the head of the Ministry of Foreign Relations, National Policy, Press and Information of the region, Vakha Bekov, died suddenly,"
https://tass.ru/obschestvo/18599733

Anyone saying this is a done deal is missing out on the real-time show of the century.

Link Posted: 8/30/2023 1:43:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

You rang?
View Quote

LOL

Just talkin' boutcha

Link Posted: 8/30/2023 3:01:56 AM EDT
[#44]
America hasn’t fought a near peer force since WW2… The closest was Vietnam, and that became a war of attrition, mostly due to politics.

History shows that when near peers fight, It almost always becomes a war of attrition. This only exception to this is when one side gets a new technological advantage to change tactics, or a sudden influx in production capacity.

That’s what ended WW2, all the new troops and production capacity the US provided when we finally entered the war.

Those guys are currently in trenches like it’s WW1….you can bet the casualty rates are similar as well.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 3:09:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Rated TROLL because you hurt my FEELINGS!
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 3:10:41 AM EDT
[#46]
I'm sure the numbers are inflated for both sides.

But at the same time I'm also sure the losses are staggering considering it's become trench warfare with a focus on drone killing each other with low tech solutions.

It's pretty clear the counter offensive has stalled and the new equipment isn't making the difference the Ukranians has hoped it would.

And it's also clear Russia is willing to do and use anything they have to not lose face or retreat

So lose lose.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 3:12:00 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
We need an ukraine forum.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/30/2023 4:04:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
We need an ukraine forum.
View Quote
Or stop banning people from the main thread so that they don't have to create new threads just to discuss the topic.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 4:13:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 6:14:17 AM EDT
[#50]
In war, everyone lies. Inflate statistic when it's to your benefit, deflate them when it hurts the enemy.

We [US] propagandized the hell out of WW2.

Germany was probably the master of all countries propagandizing in that war.

Nowadays, if you really, REALLY want the truth, you can find it if you look. Back then it was far harder.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top