Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"Vowed to save" does not necessarily equal "Pay Ransom."
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/01/20/purported-isis-video-threatens-japanese-hostages-in-lieu-200m-ransom/

Japan has already said they are eager to pay the ransom.

Japan's Prime Minister vowed Tuesday to save the lives of two Japanese hostages, one a freelance journalist and the other a soldier for hire, threatened with beheading in an online video purportedly released by the Islamic State terror group.

In the video, identified as being made by the Islamic State group's al-Furqan media arm and posted on militant websites associated with the extremist group, a militant threatened to kill the men unless a $200 million ransom was paid within 72 hours. If confirmed to be from Islamic State, better known as ISIS, the video would mark the first public demand for ransom from the group in exchange for the release of captives....

Soldier for Hire.... LOL

He's a fucking Airsofter.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:14:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:So is Jihadi John the new Osama Bin Laden? Public Enemy #1? Gonna take us 10 years to find and kill him ?
View Quote

They know who he is and where he is, the Whitehouse just had Jihad John over for dinner, i beleive they had roast pig..
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:18:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Soldier for Hire.... LOL  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/01/20/purported-isis-video-threatens-japanese-hostages-in-lieu-200m-ransom/

Japan has already said they are eager to pay the ransom.

Japan's Prime Minister vowed Tuesday to save the lives of two Japanese hostages, one a freelance journalist and the other a soldier for hire, threatened with beheading in an online video purportedly released by the Islamic State terror group.

In the video, identified as being made by the Islamic State group's al-Furqan media arm and posted on militant websites associated with the extremist group, a militant threatened to kill the men unless a $200 million ransom was paid within 72 hours. If confirmed to be from Islamic State, better known as ISIS, the video would mark the first public demand for ransom from the group in exchange for the release of captives....

Soldier for Hire.... LOL  

He's a fucking Airsofter.
There was a video with him a few months ago being interrogated.

He didn't look like the Jack Bauer type.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:18:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Am I missing something here? Not that I wouldn't mind Japan kicking a little ass, but since when have they had the military might to project any power internationally?  At least the kind of power needed to defeat IS?
View Quote

Exactly.  Japan is powerless in this situation.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:18:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

They gonna unleash Godzilla up in dat bit_h.
View Quote
No, they will unleash Gamera the defender of Japan.  He also has a thirst for petroleum.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:20:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Am I missing something here? Not that I wouldn't mind Japan kicking a little ass, but since when have they had the military might to project any power internationally?  At least the kind of power needed to defeat IS?

They can if they wanted too. They have a shake and bake ICBM program.

They are limited by Article 9 of their Constitution.

"ARTICLE 9. Aspiring sincerely to an international peace based on justice and order, the Japanese people forever renounce war as a sovereign right of the nation and the threat or use of force as means of settling international disputes. (2) To accomplish the aim of the preceding paragraph, land, sea, and air forces, as well as other war potential, will never be maintained. The right of belligerency of the state will not be recognized."

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:21:00 PM EDT
[#7]
"Sure, but we don't use wire transfers around here.  Just tell us where to send the check."
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:29:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Lol

Ranked 10 on the global strength chart..they have a pretty big and modern military. Tanks, troops, fighters , ships and resources
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol

Ranked 10 on the global strength chart..they have a pretty big and modern military. Tanks, troops, fighters , ships and resources

Coming from the U.S. military, your perspective is skewed.  The U.S. military can conventionally go anywhere at any time and do anything to anyone.  

The Japanese haven't set foot off their little island in an offensive military capacity since 1945.  They have no institutional knowledge for projecting power.  They would step on their dicks badly if they tried.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:39:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Coming from the U.S. military, your perspective is skewed.  The U.S. military can conventionally go anywhere at any time and do anything to anyone.  

The Japanese haven't set foot off their little island in an offensive military capacity since 1945.  They have no institutional knowledge for projecting power.  They would step on their dicks badly if they tried.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lol

Not if we get them up to speed and they drop the Article 9 crap.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:42:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:49:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:50:42 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I would be really happy if that fucker is smoked by a hellfire 1.5 second fart of depleted Uranium wine bottles.
View Quote
fify

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:51:56 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Not in 72hrs

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lol

Not if we get them up to speed and they drop the Article 9 crap.  

Not in 72hrs

No, but it could spur them to prevent such actions from ever happening again.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:53:13 PM EDT
[#14]
More airstrikes FTW.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:53:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
No worries. Once our guys train all the "moderates" over there, this stuff will stop.

Obama sez so.
View Quote

You know why he has to train them?

Cause moderates won't train themselves.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:56:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Send them the money, track it, wait for the hostages to be released, drop a JDAM on the final destination of the money. Then bomb it again afterwards to kill any survivors.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 3:02:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I guess they're just going down the list of nations, trying to make sure they piss off everyone of them. Wonder who's next
View Quote

They probably won't stop until even the Duchy of Grand Fenwick is pissed off at them.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 3:09:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 3:21:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Deliver them $200 million in jdams
View Quote

this ^^^^
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 3:24:30 PM EDT
[#20]
I always wondered what happened to that Japanese airsoft "PMC" guy they captured......well, there he is.

I guess Airsoft is a pretty realistic game when your head gets cut off.

Poor crazy bastard, didn't know when to leave the fuck alone and just play with toys. Had to go to where games are a bit more final.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 3:34:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Everyone's paying attention to Yemen right now...

You have to behead to get the headline....
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 4:30:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 4:37:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Serious question:  Wouldn't it be possible to implant someone with a tracking device and allow them to be captured in order to locate this jihadi john and his crew?  There must be technology capable of that?  Risky as fuck I know, but possible?
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 4:44:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Serious question:  Wouldn't it be possible to implant someone with a tracking device and allow them to be captured in order to locate this jihadi john and his crew?  There must be technology capable of that?  Risky as fuck I know, but possible?
View Quote

Sure, volunteer for it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 4:51:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Sure, volunteer for it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure, volunteer for it.

Yeah I know this is GD but I honestly wonder if the tech exists?
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 5:18:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure, volunteer for it.

Call Jack Bauer.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 5:35:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Call Jack Bauer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure, volunteer for it.

Call Jack Bauer.

Chloe, I don't have time to explain !

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 6:05:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure, volunteer for it.

You are talking about subdermals?

Yes, it is possible.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:09:07 PM EDT
[#29]
The Japanese don't have any special ops or the ability to drop some bombs on these fuckers?  I would think they train with US forces on a fairly regular basis?
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:24:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The Japanese don't have any special ops or the ability to drop some bombs on these fuckers?  I would think they train with US forces on a fairly regular basis?
View Quote

They don't even have any intelligence capabilities (satellites, drones, HUMINT, etc) to even know where to begin.  They can't call in any favors from the locals.  Even if they were spoon-fed the intelligence by the U.S., they have nothing remotely close to U.S. SOF to put on the ground, or the logistics to physically get them there.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:27:02 PM EDT
[#31]
These Ninjas need a bit more training.  

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:30:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
So is Jihadi John the new Osama Bin Laden? Public Enemy #1? Gonna take us 10 years to find and kill him (allegedly), so we'll be at war somewhere in the mean time?
View Quote

I thought we heard a report that he was killed a week or two ago.

Maybe just a wet dream?
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:14:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Japan's going to pay it & Zero is going to quietly slip them an extra $200M to cover their costs...
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:17:45 PM EDT
[#34]
They will pay.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:18:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Does this seem like rainbow six to anybody else?
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:20:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Japan's going to pay it & Zero is going to quietly slip them an extra $200M to cover their costs...
View Quote

And that money will be used to buy weapons to kill U.S. forces when they finally have to go in and bail out Saudi Arabia from getting slaughtered by ISIS, which SA helped create in the first place.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:24:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Japanese officials probably cares less than our president does about their citizens.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:24:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I would love to see Abe donate another $200 million to fighting ISIS in response
View Quote

Do a Glenn Ford in Ransom! on a massive scale. I like it.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:25:38 PM EDT
[#39]

And we spent how many decades/generations trying to weed that mentality out of the Japanese? For their sake I hope they still have it hidden away for an Islam day.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:46:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

And we spent how many decades/generations trying to weed that mentality out of the Japanese? For their sake I hope they still have it hidden away for an Islam day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It backfired, the japanese are apparently neutered, they dont fuck, reproduce, or fight.
There might not be any japanese left in a hundred years......if we dont get them back in the game.

FREE PLANE TICKETS, KATANAS, AND SAKI FOR EVERYONE
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:14:09 AM EDT
[#41]
I am convinced that any foreigner who is a civilian who ventures into hostile territory needs to have a satellite tracking device inserted in them so when they are captured we can drop a cluster bomb on them and the jihadis.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 8:27:19 AM EDT
[#42]

Is that from a movie or something? That is disturbing.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 9:34:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

they are called "Judas Pigs"
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 6:14:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can we give Behrgdal back?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top