Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 2:01:45 AM EDT
[#1]
So if Egyptians did not build the pyramids, is the suggestion that Carthaginians did it?  Maybe Nubians?  Sudanese?  The Welsh? Druids? Imports from Guatemala?

Whoever built them didn't do it in a week. They had to live there. Whatever the place was called when they were there, it's called Egypt now.

The complexity of Egypt's history has been mentioned.

To say "Egyptians didn't do that" sounds a lot like Obama saying "you didn't build that" in the U.S.

If you don't want to give the present day Egyptian populace credit(and there is obviously no-one currently alive who was involved)you still have to credit people who lived there when the structures were built.  Do we know who those people were?  Do we know what color they were? Do we know what kind of government they had? Do we know anything about their religion?

That depends on the age of the construction.   Is that really the issue here?

The Greeks believed that slave labour was used, but modern discoveries made at nearby workers' camps associated with construction at Giza suggest that it was built instead by thousands of conscript laborers.
View Quote

So it wasn't slaves, it was conscripts.

Gotcha!    Sounds like a bunch of asshole liberal arts jagoffs playing rhetoric games because there's not enough actual evidence to make any actual conclusions.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 8:05:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So if Egyptians did not build the pyramids, is the suggestion that Carthaginians did it?  Maybe Nubians?  Sudanese?  The Welsh? Druids? Imports from Guatemala?

Whoever built them didn't do it in a week. They had to live there. Whatever the place was called when they were there, it's called Egypt now.

To say "Egyptians didn't do that" sounds a lot like Obama saying "you didn't build that" in the U.S.

If you don't want to give the present day Egyptian populace credit(and there is obviously no-one currently alive who was involved)you still have to credit people who lived there when the structures were built.  Do we know who those people were?  Do we know what color they were? Do we know what kind of government they had? Do we know anything about their religion?

Gotcha!    Sounds like a bunch of asshole liberal arts jagoffs playing rhetoric games because there's not enough actual evidence to make any actual conclusions.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The Greeks believed that slave labour was used, but modern discoveries made at nearby workers' camps associated with construction at Giza suggest that it was built instead by thousands of conscript laborers.

When people say "The Egyptians didn't build the Pyramids" it's just an abbreviation for the implied "The 4th Pharaoh Dynasty didn't build the Pyramids."
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 8:42:07 AM EDT
[#3]
The Pyramids were built by ancient Swedes.

We wuz Kangz!

Link Posted: 3/20/2022 8:56:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Basically the only way this debate ends is if another pyramid is found at the bottom of an ocean with mermaid skeletons inside and a big meteor embedded in the front lawn.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 9:05:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Basically the only way this debate ends is if another pyramid is found at the bottom of an ocean with mermaid skeletons inside and a big meteor embedded in the front lawn.
View Quote

You believe the Egyptologist/archaeologist mafia would allow such findings to be made public?

Link Posted: 3/20/2022 9:08:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You believe the Egyptologist/archaeologist mafia would allow such findings to be made public?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You think they could keep it under wraps?

Link Posted: 3/20/2022 9:09:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Those scans are going to trigger the alarms, then the aliens will come and eat our brains.
View Quote

Sigh....once again, our so called "leaders" in Washington will get off scot free because there's nothing for the aliens to feed on.

Life is so unfair.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 9:11:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/20/2022 9:42:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I didnt think so.

Went and checked.
Exodus 1:11 mentions "garrison cities" in one translation and "store houses" in another as being a result of jewish labor
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Pyramids aren't mentioned in the Bible.

I didnt think so.

Went and checked.
Exodus 1:11 mentions "garrison cities" in one translation and "store houses" in another as being a result of jewish labor

Well, land of Goshen!
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 1:41:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Well, land of Goshen!
View Quote

Everything I've seen indicates that the biblical Egypt was New Kingdom, that slaves were not a significant part of pyramid construction, and that there weren't even Jews around at that time to be the slaves if they had worked on the pyramids.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 3:17:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Possibly lot older than we think. I’m of the opinion, 12,000+ years ago.
View Quote

Then that's the most durable weather resistant limestoneever, but whatever. I think the Flood was about 20-40k years ago and young earth creationist tards are off their nut, but the pyramids are not 12k old, IMO. It's damn sure an interesting debate though, and fun what with it not having any real personal impact and so on.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 8:52:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Would you mind sharing any links for me to check out @Mr_Nasty99 ?
This seems to be in line with some stonework I’ve seen photos of from Puma Punku, Saksaywamen, and Caral
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Incas were master stonecutters.

https://live.staticflickr.com/4901/31448065737_d9285d44bf_h.jpgSacsayhuaman by FredMan, on Flickr

The Mayans were lazybones who just threw things together.

My buddy is a PhD Chemist that specializes in the chemistry of hard things. He believes those "stones" were poured, and not actually carved.

He's taken me down the rabbit hole a couple times, and it sounds pretty convincing.

Would you mind sharing any links for me to check out @Mr_Nasty99 ?
This seems to be in line with some stonework I’ve seen photos of from Puma Punku, Saksaywamen, and Caral
Yeah, because usually it would take about an hour to look at a sample under a 800X microscope to see if it was ordinary sedimentary limestone or if it had ever been in a molten state. Which would be neat, because calcium carbonate and sulfate have really high melting points. I don't think you can actually melt them in ordinary conditions, if memory serves, because the breakdown temp is lower than the melt point, although I'd want to confirm that.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 9:26:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Pretty fascinating.

What's causing this shadow?  Invisible antenna to communicate with the aliens who built it?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/416483/giza-pyramids-4_2_jpg-2315896.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/20/2022 10:19:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The stones in the pyramids at Giza do not have a uniform size.  Does your friend believe they used differently sized molds for each pour?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Incas were master stonecutters.

https://live.staticflickr.com/4901/31448065737_d9285d44bf_h.jpgSacsayhuaman by FredMan, on Flickr

The Mayans were lazybones who just threw things together.

My buddy is a PhD Chemist that specializes in the chemistry of hard things. He believes those "stones" were poured, and not actually carved.

He's taken me down the rabbit hole a couple times, and it sounds pretty convincing.

The stones in the pyramids at Giza do not have a uniform size.  Does your friend believe they used differently sized molds for each pour?

You’re on the wrong continent and the wrong pyramids.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 10:36:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yeah, because there is no way people were smart enough to stack rocks several thousand years ago.
View Quote

Move a 100 ton stone with no wheel and just ropes. Oh yeah and carve it out of the ground with some pennies. Now do it thousands of times.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 10:39:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Thread after thread you've produced bupkis.

Ignorance is fine.  Its curable.  Clinging to it like it was a virtue is disgusting though.
View Quote

So personal attacks are fine now?

Wonder how quiet you will be when it is proved to be built prior to Younger Dryas?
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 10:42:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

So personal attacks are fine now?

Wonder how quiet you will be when it is proved to be built prior to Younger Dryas?
View Quote

If it turns out to be that I will buy you the best steak dinner available if you're within 100 miles of my location.  Save this post, I am good for it.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 10:43:32 PM EDT
[#18]
lol this fucking place.

Miss when it used to be more or less contained within the Q thread.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 10:45:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Move a 100 ton stone with no wheel and just ropes. Oh yeah and carve it out of the ground with some pennies. Now do it thousands of times.
View Quote

Put them on rollers.  I have seen 16 DATS pull a 52 ton M60A1 tank.   Stone Mountian GA was quarried well in to the industrial era using wooden maules and dry Wooden wedges.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 10:47:58 PM EDT
[#20]
I don't think the pyramids were built by the dynastic Egyptians. And I don't think they were tombs either. If anything, the dynastic Egyptians merely dug them out of the sand. We're about to find a bunch of shit under the Sahara, a desert that's 96% the size of the entirely of the US.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 10:49:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Put them on rollers.  I have seen 16 DATS pull a 52 ton M60A1 tank.   Stone Mountian GA was quarried well in to the industrial era using wooden maules and dry Wooden wedges.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Modern folks tend to overthink the problem and underestimate the ingenuity of the folks in the "ancient" times.

AMAZING VIDEO! Man Lifts 20 Ton Block By Hand?
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 10:57:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

IMO not rollers.  Wet sand.  Sometimes with different clay additives to give more slip.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 12:48:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Modern folks tend to overthink the problem and underestimate the ingenuity of the folks in the "ancient" times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5pZ7uR6v8c
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Modern people greatly underestimate the ingenuity of folks without the distractions of the modern world.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 12:54:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Modern people greatly underestimate the ingenuity of folks without the distractions of the modern world.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I suspect that folks back in the day may have had "distractions of the modern world" relative to their known world.

.....I would love to know the truth about "ancient times" but hot damn it's fun to speculate and debate.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 1:08:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hell, I can move a 12K lb semi by myself, and I'm not a strong guy, so wheels/logs can make moving stuff easy.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 1:15:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Hell, I can move a 12K lb semi by myself, and I'm not a strong guy, so wheels/logs can make moving stuff easy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

*knot* a slight against you....
It's amazing what humans can do.....compression, counter weights, tension, torsion, ramps(screws), oil, uranium, etc, etc, etc.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 1:54:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Yeah, because usually it would take about an hour to look at a sample under a 800X microscope to see if it was ordinary sedimentary limestone or if it had ever been in a molten state. Which would be neat, because calcium carbonate and sulfate have really high melting points. I don't think you can actually melt them in ordinary conditions, if memory serves, because the breakdown temp is lower than the melt point, although I'd want to confirm that.
View Quote

Concrete.

Link Posted: 3/21/2022 6:46:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Isn't it ridiculous to think the pyramid is built virtually throughout with the same size stones as seen on the outside today?  I'd bet it's full of small, fill stones and gravel.  Isn't it more likely the exterior we see today is a sloping, rectangular shaped, retaining wall?  I bet it isn't built of those large stones throughout because it wasn't necessary.  It would have been stupid to do that.  

Angle of repose.  Look it up.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 6:51:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Isn't it ridiculous to think the pyramid is built virtually throughout with the same size stones as seen on the outside today?  I'd bet it's full of small, fill stones and gravel.  Isn't it more likely the exterior we see today is a sloping, rectangular shaped, retaining wall?  I bet it isn't built of those large stones throughout because it wasn't necessary.  It would have been stupid to do that.  

Angle of repose.  Look it up.
View Quote

Why is that ridiculous?
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 6:55:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Why is that ridiculous?
View Quote

Why is written in what you quoted.  Read it again.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 6:59:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why is that ridiculous?

I read it twice before I replied. I haven't seen any evidence that the Great Pyramids are composed primarily of rubble. Do you have any evidence for your idea?
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 7:15:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I read it twice before I replied. I haven't seen any evidence that the Great Pyramids are composed primarily of rubble. Do you have any evidence for your idea?
View Quote

Occam's razor, bro.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 7:18:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Occam's razor, bro.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Occam's razor, bro.

None of the excavations into the stones have revealed rubble.

Bro.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 7:53:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Bro. Bruh.

Barneys last name was Rubble. Uh, hello.

Link Posted: 3/21/2022 8:23:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Occam's razor, bro.
View Quote

Thing is we know pretty well what a rubble filled pyramid ends up looking like.  

Once the shiny nice stone holding it all together on the outside is plundered it kind of melts.  
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 11:00:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c7/fd/f1/c7fdf1ae288ff36cf3373fc07f38f4ce.jpg

Once the shiny nice stone holding it all together on the outside is plundered it kind of melts.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Occam's razor, bro.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c7/fd/f1/c7fdf1ae288ff36cf3373fc07f38f4ce.jpg

Where were the super smart aliens or antidiluvian techno-gods on that one (or the goofy bent pyramid)?
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:27:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:39:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There was an article that showed how they could have wrapped the slabs of stone with logs and make it roundish so it could be pushed with levers.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:29:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Where were the super smart aliens or antidiluvian techno-gods on that one (or the goofy bent pyramid)?
View Quote

I guess the techno-brain super gods showed up and put the crew right about halfway up the bent I guess.  

It's a pretty cool one to see, and is definitely the worst to climb. Steepest, tightest, lots of bats.  It's the one with the most remaining original fine limestone casing still intact.  No fee, no hustlers selling chinese rubber dogshit, no swarms of rude chinese.  It's a great place to study an unrestored mortuary temple or subsidiary pyramid.

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:00:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I guess the techno-brain super gods showed up and put the crew right about halfway up the bent I guess.  

It's a pretty cool one to see, and is definitely the worst to climb. Steepest, tightest, lots of bats.  It's the one with the most remaining original fine limestone casing still intact.  No fee, no hustlers selling chinese rubber dogshit, no swarms of rude chinese.  It's a great place to study an unrestored mortuary temple or subsidiary pyramid.

https://i.imgur.com/vu0rq4u.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/arONTm6.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/vu0rq4u.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/arONTm6.jpg

And Maydum?

Where are they “mysterious voids” found only with cosmic rays and shit in those?
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:19:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

And Maydum?

Where are they “mysterious voids” found only with cosmic rays and shit in those?
View Quote

I haven't been to Meidum, only seen a few of the ruined pyramids up close, all around Saqqara.  It's a short walk from Djoser's to a few with pyramid texts but if you look south from there it's all "hills", each one a ruined rubble filled pyramid.

As far as "mysterious voids", I'd kind of doubt that any pyramids other than those at Giza have undergone such intense and expensive analysis.  Finding voids in the others might make for a good journal article but nobody's getting famous like that.  I think it's more likely that voids we find in Giza are artifacts of construction rather than additional sacred spaces but that's clearly a wild-ass guess.  I expect we'd find similar in the Red and Bent.  Some like Djoser's and the Black are somewhat unstable from the labyrinth of passages under them.  I wonder if they'll ever get Djoser's firmed up enough for tourists, it's apparently fucking incredible down there.  Lots of faience decoration and such.  

Oddly enough, the first time I was at Saqqara, Djoser was all wrapped up in scaffolding and there was a fucking dog standing at the top watching us like it weren't nuthin.  
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top