Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 232
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 10:35:38 PM EDT
[#1]
@spent_casing

Since you started this bullshit about the rings, how many rings did Jim Thome win in Cleveland?

Nobody cares.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 10:35:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

whatever. You ever looked at Judge's home/road splits? Especially 2017? You know they were cheating, that nimrod Girardi admitted it on TV.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 10:36:09 PM EDT
[#3]
For page 101

Link Posted: 6/16/2021 10:37:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
@spent_casing

Since you started this bullshit about the rings, how many rings did Jim Thome win in Cleveland?

Nobody cares.
View Quote

as many as Miggy in Detroit x2

and not having a paid account I don't get @ mentions anymore.  It's pretty rad.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 10:39:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Back when Pizza Hut was good.

They had arcade games, pitchers of Coke, and that awesome pizza.

Nowadays Pizza Hut is the pizza equivalent of a Beach Boys concert.

And that's just sad.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Y'all are just jealous because none of you have a player headed to the Hall of Fame from your favorite team.

https://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/mlb/players/full/6341.png

https://i.imgur.com/Bwat6CW.gif

The only reason you would ever have to do a mic drop is if someone left their pepperoni roll unattended.

Speaking of pepperoni, what actually defines Detroit-style pizza? How is it different from what you can get at Papa Johns or Dominos?

Detroit style pizza is square and has a crispy crust, like the kind that Pizza Hut Pan Pizza used to have back in the 80s. It can be anything from Buddy's to Jet's to Buscemi's. Little Caesars and Dominos where both born in Detroit.

Back when Pizza Hut was good.

They had arcade games, pitchers of Coke, and that awesome pizza.

Nowadays Pizza Hut is the pizza equivalent of a Beach Boys concert.

And that's just sad.

I used to love Pizza Hut restaurants.

You used to couldn't get Pizza Hut delivered. Pizza Hut used to be a treat, pizza a movie, and you're right! They had the arcade games, and pitchers of Coke. I remember seeing a sit down Pac-Man game for the very first time, and asking my Dad if we could sit at that table instead. They used to bring you the pizza, in the pan, with the little holder.

The last thing I ordered from Pizza Hut was a couple trays of mediocre pasta, and some jerk delivered it to my front door.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 10:40:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

as many as Miggy in Detroit x2

and not having a paid account I don't get @ mentions anymore.  It's pretty rad.
View Quote

Freeloading again, like all the other ANTIFA and communists. Figures. I always knew about you.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 10:42:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Y'all are just jealous because none of you have a player headed to the Hall of Fame from your favorite team.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/16/2021 10:44:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/213346/3C1EF952-FD7C-40DC-811E-0CBAAB48A445_jpe-1981131.JPG

Jansen looks like he's working on his own Miggy-sized gut.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 11:16:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Yup!  I remember that vividly.  My son and I were at that game freezing our asses off too.  It was a cold night and Miggy didn't heat anything up.

Link Posted: 6/16/2021 11:17:44 PM EDT
[#10]

I have a feeling he's going to end his career back in Detroit after recovering from Tommy John surgery.  His contract will be up and they'll dump him.  The Tiger's being the idiots they are, will gladly over pay to get him back.

Link Posted: 6/16/2021 11:47:58 PM EDT
[#11]
I see that the dbacks are keeping their streak alive tonight.  

Link Posted: 6/16/2021 11:57:48 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm not voting, nor will I watch the All Star Game.

Manfred can go fuck his mother. I personally would never fuck the kind of whore that would produce a communistic, virtue signaling douche bag like him, but I doubt there's anything beneath him.

I don't care who goes, I don't care who doesn't go.

Fuck'em.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 1:47:10 AM EDT
[#13]
My area Pizza Huts were always Pepsi branded. I always got fountain Mountain Dew. (The nectar of the Gods)
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 2:09:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

whatever. You ever looked at Judge's home/road splits? Especially 2017? You know they were cheating, that nimrod Girardi admitted it on TV.
View Quote
I like the yankees because they are the closest team to my home and i went to alot of game, thats it.  I dont give a shit if they win or lose anything.  The same players could be on a different team next year.   Aaron judge is a major disaster contract waiting to happen for someone, hopefully not new york but it will likely be them.  He is going to be a worse injury risk than stanton.   If you wanted to talk about cheaters on the yankees you should have mentioned cole, but you didnt because he learned it while on the astros.  I worked for 2 mlb teams and are still get tickets from players on many teams so i dont care what team is playing.  I am a fan of the game.... And true fans of the game know the astros from their "championship season" are a bunch of cheaters and are a disgrace to baseball.  Regarding girardi, you are wrong again........  

https://www.inquirer.com/phillies/yankees-phillies-joe-girardi-cheating-astros-steal-signs-mlb-network-20200220.html
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 2:13:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My area Pizza Huts were always Pepsi branded. I always got fountain Mountain Dew. (The nectar of the Gods)
View Quote

Blasphemy!! pizza hut was always coca cola back in the day before they were ruined!
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 2:14:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Jansen looks like he's working on his own Miggy-sized gut.
View Quote

He gets free curly fries while on the road from all the blown saves.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 2:34:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 2:40:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Wow things were spicy in this thread while I was at work.

I like it.

I'll add: Cal Jr is a stud that accomplished something we'll probably never see again. Just as a personal trait, I admire dependability in people more than a lot of things. His steak alone was one of the greatest sports accomplishments in history, and I remember where I was when I watched him break the record on TV.

The 2017 WS don't count for shit.
The 2018 WS don't count for shit.
The 2019 WS counts until I see some bullshit that it doesn't.
The 2020 WS counts for about 37% of a real ring.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 2:46:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I like the yankees because they are the closest team to my home and i went to alot of game, thats it.  I dont give a shit if they win or lose anything.  The same players could be on a different team next year.   Aaron judge is a major disaster contract waiting to happen for someone, hopefully not new york but it will likely be them.  He is going to be a worse injury risk than stanton.   If you wanted to talk about cheaters on the yankees you should have mentioned cole, but you didnt because he learned it while on the astros.  I worked for 2 mlb teams and are still get tickets from players on many teams so i dont care what team is playing.  I am a fan of the game.... And true fans of the game know the astros from their "championship season" are a bunch of cheaters and are a disgrace to baseball.  Regarding girardi, you are wrong again........  

https://www.inquirer.com/phillies/yankees-phillies-joe-girardi-cheating-astros-steal-signs-mlb-network-20200220.html
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yankees cheated, too, MLB didn't want to tarnish their golden franchise.

mlb really scapegoated the astros, and i clearly don't have a dog in their fight.

did the astros go to far? yeah, they did, but i bet there are teams out there that were pretty damn close to their level.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 2:50:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I like it.

I'll add: Cal Jr is a stud that accomplished something we'll probably never see again. Just as a personal trait, I admire dependability in people more than a lot of things. His steak alone was one of the greatest sports accomplishments in history, and I remember where I was when I watched him break the record on TV.

View Quote

i was at the game where he tied the record.

and you got a point, but google baseball champions for those years and you'll get astros, red sox, nationals and dodgers.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 2:54:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

and you got a point, but google baseball champions for those years and you'll get astros, red sox, nationals and dodgers.
View Quote

OMG, tell us about being at that game.

Yes, that's what the casuals and the intentionally blind will see. I've always said I love baseball history because records and accomplishments have different weights in different eras.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 3:02:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Blasphemy!! pizza hut was always coca cola back in the day before they were ruined!
View Quote

It was the early 90’s and they had Pepsi. I got free personal pizza's with the Book-it program
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 8:14:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

It was the early 90’s and they had Pepsi. I got free personal pizza's with the Book-it program
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Coke, Pepsi, whatever. All I know is it tasted better in those red plastic cups.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 8:20:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

mlb really scapegoated the astros, and i clearly don't have a dog in their fight.

did the astros go to far? yeah, they did, but i bet there are teams out there that were pretty damn close to their level.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I suspect there wasn't much of an outcry from the non-Astros players because they were all doing the same things. They were just relieved because Houston were the ones that got busted and not them.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 8:57:22 AM EDT
[#25]
I've decided that after that Reds series at home where I didn't go to any of the games and the Brewers only scored 4 runs in 3 games.  I'm not the problem with the Brewers offense.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 12:21:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Yes, that's what the casuals and the intentionally blind will see. I've always said I love baseball history because records and accomplishments have different weights in different eras.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ha, it was so damn long ago.

place was damn packed. my step dad had walking pneumonia. iirc they had the numbers on the side of the warehouse, so after the fifth inning, which is considered a complete game they did the ceremony. flipped the number on the warehouse. the only downside is the highlights are always shown from the game where he broke the record.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 12:41:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Exchanged my Cubs-Brewers tickets and picked up a Phillies game instead.  Not dealing with the assholes and traffic with all the Fibs.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 1:23:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I like it.

View Quote

What is the current longest streak in mlb right now?  10 games?  Its is mind blowing how many games straight cal played.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 1:24:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
This has been discussed about 10 times in this thread already.  They used the dugout phone to call to check on a replay of a pitch which was against the rules, not cheating.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 1:25:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

It was the early 90's and they had Pepsi. I got free personal pizza's with the Book-it program
View Quote
I loved book it.  In 6th grade our teacher used to just give us the coupons so we got it whenever we wanted.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 1:28:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
This has been discussed about 10 times in this thread already.  They used the dugout phone to call to check on a replay of a pitch which was against the rules, not cheating.
View Quote

that's your explanation for it, and you've been the only one to espouse it. Pretty sure no one here believes it
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 1:28:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I suspect there wasn't much of an outcry from the non-Astros players because they were all doing the same things. They were just relieved because Houston were the ones that got busted and not them.
View Quote
I can tell you that i worked for a competitive NL team and a competitive AL team and i worked in the clubhouses....... Neither of the teams i worked for cheated.  It just didnt happen.  Players on steroids well after testing.... Yep!  But no sign stealing systems.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 1:33:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

that's your explanation for it, and you've been the only one to espouse it. Pretty sure no one here believes it
View Quote
Their previously unreported actual offense, according to major league sources?

A member of the team, then-pitching coach Larry Rothschild, used the dugout phone to call replay coordinator Brett Weber and ask if a particular pitch was a ball or a strike. This did not even occur in 2017, but in a prior season. Weber openly admitted this to the league during its investigation. That's it. Technically a violation, but hardly on the same level as an Apple Watch scheme.

I am sure i will still have to post it again
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 1:49:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File

hey, you might be right, but the league still swept the shit with the yankees and the sox under the rug. how dare they actually hold their golden east coast franchises accountable.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 3:00:32 PM EDT
[#35]
We truly are in need of another George Brett pine tar incident.

Link Posted: 6/17/2021 3:05:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Definitely going to watch the Tiger's today.  Ohtani is pitching for the Angels.

On youtube.  Hope they have the Tiger's announcers.

Link Posted: 6/17/2021 3:30:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Definitely going to watch the Tiger's today.  Ohtani is pitching for the Angels.

On youtube.  Hope they have the Tiger's announcers.

View Quote

youtube has had Vasgersian + color comms for both teams from what I understand
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 4:09:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

youtube has had Vasgersian + color comms for both teams from what I understand
View Quote

I'm OK with the announcer for the Angels as well.  Just can't stand these "network" play-by-play guys like Joe Buck and gang.

Link Posted: 6/17/2021 4:45:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/giphyggt-462.gif

hey, you might be right, but the league still swept the shit with the yankees and the sox under the rug. how dare they actually hold their golden east coast franchises accountable.
View Quote

Because it wasnt cheating, it was a rule violation of a phone call.  Sweep aside your homer status and hatred for the yankees and red sox and think about it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 4:46:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I'm OK with the announcer for the Angels as well.  Just can't stand these "network" play-by-play guys like Joe Buck and gang.

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/17/2021 5:20:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Arizona might not win again.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 5:38:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't think anyone is surprised by that comment. :-D

Link Posted: 6/17/2021 5:54:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
The only team with a worse front office and scouting department than the pirates.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 6:12:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The only team with a worse front office and scouting department than the pirates.
View Quote

I think they should have fired Lovullo too.

Link Posted: 6/17/2021 6:18:03 PM EDT
[#45]
So my Fall Cruise was canceled today, which was the replacement for my other fall cruise that was canceled, which was the replacement for the Fall 2020 Cruise I booked which was canceled.  They offered to reschedule me to a different Fall Cruise.  Do I fall for the trap once again?
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 7:00:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey now, we have great scouts. That's why other teams end up with all of our talent once they get good.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 7:04:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
So my Fall Cruise was canceled today, which was the replacement for my other fall cruise that was canceled, which was the replacement for the Fall 2020 Cruise I booked which was canceled.  They offered to reschedule me to a different Fall Cruise.  Do I fall for the trap once again?
View Quote

I say go for it. What's the worst that can happen?

Link Posted: 6/17/2021 7:11:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I say go for it. What's the worst that can happen?

https://i.imgur.com/8WdGuYW.gif
View Quote

That furniture was made out of the same stuff as the furniture in N64 GoldenEye.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 7:11:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/17/2021 7:12:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

That furniture was made out of the same stuff as the furniture in N64 GoldenEye.
View Quote

great reference
Page / 232
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top