BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 232
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 10:02:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Make fun of the O's all you want (and rightfully so ), but everyone they find medical issues with are dumpster fires on their next team.
View Quote

I know for a fact they have lost some good free agents because the players didnt want to be subjected to their insane physicals.  They have a bad reputation among the players.  They have also saved themselves from many disasters.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 10:05:25 PM EDT
[#2]
first time in a while I've seen two teams trade players while they were playing each other. Astros get Kendall Graveman for Abraham Toro (who I'll miss) and Joe Smith (who I won't). Rafael Montero was included but he'll probably be released
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 10:06:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Dexter Fowler won the WS that year.
View Quote

Didnt the orioles want fowler to pay them back the money for the pick they were going to lose to sign him?  I remember it being something insane like that.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 10:16:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
first time in a while I've seen two teams trade players while they were playing each other. Astros get Kendall Graveman for Abraham Toro (who I'll miss) and Joe Smith (who I won't). Rafael Montero was included but he'll probably be released
View Quote
Smith sucks now?

that's a bummer. I always liked him.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 10:18:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I had to look it up, but back in 2014 Austin Jackson was with DET and was traded in the middle of a game for David Price.

Austin Jackson Traded in 7th Inning, Pulled off Field
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 10:19:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Didnt the orioles want fowler to pay them back the money for the pick they were going to lose to sign him?  I remember it being something insane like that.
View Quote

That’s what it turned out to be, yes. But I think it was originally reported as problems with the physical.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 10:20:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That’s what it turned out to be, yes. But I think it was originally reported as problems with the physical.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fowler should have sent them a check for like five bucks a month for the rest of his life or something.

"I'm making regular payments and it won't hurt my credit."
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 10:21:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Iirc he wanted an opt out after one year of a three year deal, and the O’s didn’t want to lose the pick for a one year rental. I don’t think him not signing had anything to do with the physical.

That sucks the O’s have lost out on good free agents, but not like they’re a destination and I can’t think of any FA over the past decade that would’ve made the difference in them winning big.

Oh, and ask cards fans how ‘good’ fowler has been.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 10:22:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Iirc he wanted an opt out after one year of a three year deal, and the O’s didn’t want to lose the pick for a one year rental. I don’t think him not signing had anything to do with the physical.

That sucks the O’s have lost out on good free agents, but not like they’re a destination and I can’t think of any FA over the past decade that would’ve made the difference in them winning big.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I loved it when the Bucs would play the Cards and Cubs because invariably Fowler would try showboating and fuck up a big play.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 10:23:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I had to look it up, but back in 2014 Austin Jackson was with DET and was traded in the middle of a game for David Price.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md68ZGtS8Q0
View Quote

I 'member that now.

Graveman was visibly emotional in interviews, he was basically saying it was bittersweet to be traded. I can understand that, since the Ms are moving up the ranks, and he was a big part of it. M's will probably beat out the Yankees and A's for the 2nd WC spot.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 10:25:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Iirc he wanted an opt out after one year of a three year deal, and the O's didn't want to lose the pick for a one year rental. I don't think him not signing had anything to do with the physical.

That sucks the O's have lost out on good free agents, but not like they're a destination and I can't think of any FA over the past decade that would've made the difference in them winning big.

Oh, and ask cards fans how 'good' fowler has been.
View Quote

If only chris davis had failed the physical
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 10:27:33 PM EDT
[#12]
from fowler himself..

“One of the stranger revelations of the spring came Friday when Dexter Fowler explained what happened in his reported signing with the Orioles, which was falsely leaked to the media. ‘We never really were close,’ says Fowler. ‘They wanted me to pay them what they said the draft choice I was costing them was valued at. They wanted me to pay them for the pick. So we said, OK, then give me an opt-out after one year, and they said that’s something they won’t do.’ So Fowler moved on to the Cubs for what amounts to one year and $13M, and he can stay in center field.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 10:32:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

If only chris davis had failed the physical
View Quote

i get more upset over him not getting his adderall exemption renewed in 2014...
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 11:04:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md68ZGtS8Q0
View Quote

Yup.  I remember that game.  They paused in the 7th inning or something like that and pulled Jackson off the field.

Link Posted: 7/27/2021 11:21:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Speaking of Nats and Phillies, has any player fallen off the face of the earth as fast as Bryce Harper?? He’s never talked about, the Phillies suck, he’s never brought up in discussions on MLB network or any talk show, god damn the Phillies buried this guy.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 11:26:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

If you have prime they have it in remastered 4K on digital.
View Quote

Holy fuck i love you… no homo… ok maybe just a little homo… ??
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 11:27:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Did someone mention Yellich got China virus? And he’s double jabbed!
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 11:31:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Speaking of Nats and Phillies, has any player fallen off the face of the earth as fast as Bryce Harper?? He’s never talked about, the Phillies suck, he’s never brought up in discussions on MLB network or any talk show, god damn the Phillies buried this guy.
View Quote

You hate to see it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 11:32:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

You hate to see it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 11:36:59 PM EDT
[#20]
The angels are losing 10-0 to the Rockies in the fifth.

Yeah my team sucks, but at least I don’t have the ‘best player in baseball’ and ‘the MVP dual threat’ and still suck. That’s way worse.

If I’m the angels GM I’m overpaying and trading for every number one starter in the off season bc this is fucking ridiculous. Way to waste trout’s career.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 11:39:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yeah my team sucks, but at least I don’t have the ‘best player in baseball’ and ‘the MVP dual threat’ and still suck. That’s way worse.

If I’m the angels GM I’m overpaying and trading for every number one starter in the off season bc this is fucking ridiculous. Way to waste trout’s career.
View Quote

so many of their free agent signings wind up being busts/way overpays it's ridiculous. They need a whole new front office
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 11:50:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You hate to see it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You hate to see it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the only good things to come out of Filthydelphia are the Constitution, the Cheese Steak, and Gritty...

...but...

...Harper has the hair of a Greek God.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 11:50:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

so many of their free agent signings wind up being busts/way overpays it's ridiculous. They need a whole new front office
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They can have the Bucs' Front Office.

God knows they aren't using it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 11:55:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

He's single jabbed with the less effective J&J. He's not hitting this year so he can take 2 weeks off and not be missed.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:03:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the only good things to come out of Filthydelphia are the Constitution, the Cheese Steak, and Gritty...

...but...

...Harper has the hair of a Greek God.
View Quote

Lonnie Smith was was drafted by the Phillies.

PRETTY GOOD, EPISODE 3: LONNIE SMITH.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:03:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
Wait until the tail end of anthony rendons contract
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:04:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Was just talking about this today and you are spot on.  They don’t even talk about him not playing well.  He is not even a topic.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:13:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Was just talking about this today and you are spot on.  They don't even talk about him not playing well.  He is not even a topic.
View Quote
Likely why he wanted to play somewhere like philly
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:15:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Miggy has passed Barry Bonds on the all time hit list.

Drove in the game winning run.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:19:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Boston goes for price and sale.

Houston goes for Cole, Verlander and Greinke.

Dodgers go for every big time starting pitcher.

Cubs go for Lester and darvish.

Even the damn Padres!!

Angels go for Cobb, Bundy, and other cast offs…

Seems the angels have no issues giving big contacts to offensive players, why they falter on pitching so badly tho…
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 1:48:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Trea Turner has the bat flu and will be out for 10 days or more.  Strasburg is a porcelain doll.  He is always hurt.  He's really earning every penny of that 240+ million contract.  I doubt he will be worth anything after this surgery.

The GM Rizzo said today he will listen to any trade offers on any player but Soto.  Nice.

Fuck Bryce Harper.  Paid over 300 million to be an average or below average player.  My parents are life long Phillies fans and they hate Harper.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 1:49:06 AM EDT
[#32]
Pirates finally trade Anderson, but to the Mariners!

They pick up a catching prospect and another dude.

Seems like a solid win. They get some talent back and get to fuck over Philly in the same move.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 2:06:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Trea Turner has the bat flu and will be out for 10 days or more.  Strasburg is a porcelain doll.  He is always hurt.  He's really earning every penny of that 240+ million contract.  I doubt he will be worth anything after this surgery.

The GM Rizzo said today he will listen to any trade offers on any player but Soto.  Nice.

Fuck Bryce Harper.  Paid over 300 million to be an average or below average player.  My parents are life long Phillies fans and they hate Harper.
View Quote

At his current rate, Stras is basically making $10 mil an inning.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 2:38:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just let me pitch one inning at that rate.  
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 4:10:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Pirates finally trade Anderson, but to the Mariners!

They pick up a catching prospect and another dude.

Seems like a solid win. They get some talent back and get to fuck over Philly in the same move.
View Quote

1) I'm always glad to see Filthy get the short end of the stick
2) A catcher? Why in God's name are we picking up yet another catcher? We're already overloaded with catchers in our minors as it is.
3) Not to mention if he has any talent at all we'll just end up trading him off.

#selltheteam
#retire21
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 4:12:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

FBBFHIHSA did it on the Juice
Miggy did it on burgers and curly fries and Golden Corral buffets and ice cream and fried shrimp and tacos and well you get the idea.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 4:13:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
 My parents are life long Phillies fans
View Quote

And you still talk to them?

Link Posted: 7/28/2021 8:42:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Nobody is perfect.   I tried to convert them to Nats fans.  It didn't take.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 8:52:49 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Who?  

Link Posted: 7/28/2021 11:13:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
Interesting stat to go along with the trade

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:29:30 PM EDT
[#41]

neat
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:36:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

neat
View Quote

+1

Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:44:59 PM EDT
[#43]

Word.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:50:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He will probably wind up with the Braves then, they are suckers for fragile pitchers.  Hamels made $6 million last year for 3 innings work, sounds like a good gig to me.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:50:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you have prime they have it in remastered 4K on digital.

What kind of fan and fellow traveler would I be if I did not pass it along?
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:52:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Oh look, the Brewers are going to Pittsburgh.  How many rain outs this week?
View Quote

Let it rain.  My garden and yard need the rain.  
Looks like will have to wait until tomorrow though.  That might be the noon start time.   Ok if it rains that out.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 1:13:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I'd love to have been in Cherington's office when he told Shelton that Anderson was going to Philly.

Cherington: So I'm thinking Oviedo should start tonight.
Shelton: Couldn't we just grab some local hobo instead?
View Quote

There’s plenty of bums and panhandlers by the stadium.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 1:15:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

In hockey teams will occasionally sign local goalies to one day contracts to be backups...... Suprised the pirates havent started signing local beer league players yet.
View Quote

I wouldn’t doubt there’s some sort of collective bargaining agreement with the MLB players union that prevents such a thing.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 1:19:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Starling Marte to Oakland
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 1:21:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Starling Marte to Oakland
View Quote

Page / 232
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top