BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 12:17:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

In KS, you do not have to do a back ground check on a personal sale.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
ATF looking in to guns.

A felon with at least an AK and a Glock.  
Someone is going to be in some shit unless they were stolen.

If it turns out to be a personal sale, you can bet this incident will be their example for universal background checks.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 12:17:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Damn - I missed that - any quotes?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dude he (guy who was just interviewed) totally shut down reporter lady when she brought up "assault rifle", interrupted her and interjected correct terminology.  Who is this guy? I'd love to hire him!

Damn - I missed that - any quotes?

She asked him if he had seen the shooter directly, he said no. She then asked if he had heard that it was an "assault rifle" and he immediately interrupted her explaining that "it is called and AK-47 rifle and that there are pictures of it all over his facebook page that anyone can see" and then the reporter lost her excited tone and said "yes yes we've seen those and shared them with our viewers" and immediately moved on to non-gun related topics.  

It was glorious!

on the KWCH.com news feed for today it was 21:55:00 or so.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 12:18:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
ATF looking in to guns.

You do not have to in texas either, but I bet the seller will catch some shit.
I won't sell to people I don't know.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 12:18:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Geez, this is the shittiest news feed ever.   Keeps stopping and serving up ads.  Fuck's sake.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 12:19:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Major Kudos to that officer that went in and immobilized the shooter. This could have been very bad. Remember Paris? They had 2 shooters kill 100+ people, Paris could have used this 1 police officer from Newton, KS.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 12:20:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 12:22:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
ATF looking in to guns.

Maine is the same.  But Blumberg is here this season and is dumping his millions in to a fake "local" Mom's demand action group to take that away from us this November.    There is no way we can come close to matching his money.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 12:23:23 AM EDT
[#8]

9 minutes from first shot to cops on scene is a hell of a long time to be waiting on the cops.

Not bashing the cops as I'm sure they did all they could to get there as fast as possible but just pointing out the obvious that waiting for someone else to save you sucks when every second matters.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 12:24:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Sounds like the cops are going into the house.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 12:25:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

9 minutes from first shot to cops on scene is a hell of a long time to be waiting on the cops.

Not bashing the cops as I'm sure they did all they could to get there as fast as possible but just pointing out the obvious that waiting for someone else to save you sucks when every second matters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Agreed, especially when you can pass hesston in 2minutes on the street they were on. It is a VERY small town.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 12:29:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Major Kudos to that officer that went in and immobilized the shooter. This could have been very bad. Remember Paris? They had 2 shooters kill 100+ people, Paris could have used this 1 police officer from Newton, KS.
View Quote

All-American fucking bad ass! Guy is a hero. Also, Eddie (interview guy) did say in the interview that the bad ass Hesston cop did have a rifle when he came in to evac a group of people after taking out the gunmen.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 12:30:41 AM EDT
[#12]
I was planning to drive right through there around that time today then I decided not to head home for another day.  Now my thinking on a car AR doesn't look like paranoia.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 12:33:31 AM EDT
[#13]

Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback orders flags in Kansas lowered from
sunrise to sundown Friday to honor victims and families of Hesston
shootings - @KWCHLauren

Link Posted: 2/26/2016 1:01:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Well that sucks.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 1:03:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Well that sucks.
View Quote

Yup.  Waited up half the night and nothing happened.  
All the better though.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 1:06:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
UPI Story

Doesn't mention the shooter's name or weapon(s) used.  I'm guessing this is the "Sanitized" version that the MSM will be pushing:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
UPI Story

Doesn't mention the shooter's name or weapon(s) used.  I'm guessing this is the "Sanitized" version that the MSM will be pushing:

HESSTON, Kan., Feb. 25 (UPI) -- At least two people were killed in central Kansas Thursday afternoon in a shooting at a facility that manufactures lawn care products -- and as many as 20 others have been injured, authorities said.

The shooting occurred at about 5 p.m. local time at Excel Industries, located in the town of Hesston, near Wichita, police said. Multiple people were also reportedly injured in the gunfire, some seriously.

The Wichita Eagle reported that dispatchers cited multiple victims and that the shooting suspect "was down."

I am good with this.  Don't turn this guy into a celebrty or martyr.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 1:09:05 AM EDT
[#17]

I'm sure this was asked but what kind of Glock mag is that?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 1:23:59 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I'm sure this was asked but what kind of Glock mag is that?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

SGM Tactical

Link Posted: 2/26/2016 1:26:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
UPI Story

HESSTON, Kan., Feb. 25 (UPI) -- At least two people were killed in central Kansas Thursday afternoon in a shooting at a facility that manufactures lawn care products -- and as many as 20 others have been injured, authorities said.

The shooting occurred at about 5 p.m. local time at Excel Industries, located in the town of Hesston, near Wichita, police said. Multiple people were also reportedly injured in the gunfire, some seriously.

The Wichita Eagle reported that dispatchers cited multiple victims and that the shooting suspect "was down."

See, a Brother can't get respect.  If the shooter was white, his name and piece would have been plastered all over the front page of every news outlet in the world.  Just another way to keep the black man down.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 1:35:03 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

The initial report (1657) was in Newton, KS.

Police responded to Excel within 2 minutes of the initial report of shots at that location.

The distance between 12th/Meridian and Excel is 6.5 miles roughly.

Link Posted: 2/26/2016 1:37:08 AM EDT
[#21]
That makes sense.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 1:41:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Fukn liberal media is all over it.
"What kind of clips was used in this assault rifle? 223?
Was this a legally owned assault rifle.
Assault rifle... Clips...assault rifle...
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 1:52:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Glocks and AKs ..one more reason I own neither.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 2:00:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I was planning to drive right through there around that time today then I decided not to head home for another day.  Now my thinking on a car AR doesn't look like paranoia.
View Quote

It's still a strange concept. You are much more likely to die if you stop, try to grab your AR, and shoot some guy, than you are to hit the gas and GTFO.

You could get off a few shots with a pistol while driving if you had to.. Rifle? Negative.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 2:02:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Any town in Kansas is a bad place to push gun control.  Even our flaming liberals like guns.

Hesston is a small town and I honestly don't think it would be exaggerating to say that probably 75% of their population is pro-gun.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 2:07:03 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Any town in Kansas is a bad place to push gun control.  Even our flaming liberals like guns.

Hesston is a small town and I honestly don't think it would be exaggerating to say that probably 75% of their population is pro-gun.
View Quote
I see Hesston as not anti-gun at most. It is a heavily mennonite town. It isn't Bethel (North Newton) liberal, nor Holderman (Hillsboro horse and buggy crowd) conservative, but guns are most likely not terribly popular.

Link Posted: 2/26/2016 2:13:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

It's still a strange concept. You are much more likely to die if you stop, try to grab your AR, and shoot some guy, than you are to hit the gas and GTFO.

You could get off a few shots with a pistol while driving if you had to.. Rifle? Negative.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's why I keep an sbr on the seat next to me.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 2:13:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/26/2016 2:18:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
If this guy turns out to be a Muslim or BLM motivated this is going to be a shitshow in the media.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Harvey County, Kansas, Sheriff T. Walton says between 20 and 30 people were wounded and somewhere between four and seven are dead, including the shooter. The shooter was killed by a law enforcement officer. The Hesston plant was not the only shooting location, Sheriff Walton said. "He was traveling and shooting from his car."
If this guy turns out to be a Muslim or BLM motivated this is going to be a shitshow in the media.

No, it won't.

The dude's black, so Obama isn't going to say anything about it any way, shape, or form.  If it's BLM, the news will keep their mouths shut.  Even if the dude is a Muslim, unless he was a middle-eastern dude wearing a turban and shouting snackbars, they'll keep shut.

And even if it was a middle-eastern dude in a turban shouting snackbars, unless they had clear proof of him being in contact with ISIS, they'd still mostly keep their mouths shut.

Black people murdering other people doesn't fit the agenda.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 2:19:09 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

There are far more possible scenarios than that where a rifle in the car is a good idea.

Link Posted: 2/26/2016 2:20:04 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

If it turns out to be a personal sale, you can bet this incident will be their example for universal background checks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ATF looking in to guns.

Which still won't mater as somebody would have sold him a gun.

Link Posted: 2/26/2016 2:25:24 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
See, a Brother can't get respect.  If the shooter was white, his name and piece would have been plastered all over the front page of every news outlet in the world.  Just another way to keep the black man down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

UPI Story

Looks like his life didnt matter, did they send mom a bill for the rounds expended?

Ammo is expensive you know

Link Posted: 2/26/2016 2:30:15 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View Quote
I own them all

ARs, AKs,RPK, SR25, Glocks, Barrett 50 cal with orbital satellite penetrating rounds

Every time my safe opens, liberals cry out in terror

Link Posted: 2/26/2016 2:32:54 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View Quote
Because you'd go on a shooting spree? Or what?

Link Posted: 2/26/2016 2:51:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Don't worry soon the media will saying how he is the victim of white privilege, and that we need to get rid of those assault rifles with 30 cal magazine clips that can fire 30 rounds in half a second.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 2:52:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/26/2016 3:05:40 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 3:07:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Which flag do we ban for this?
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 5:41:02 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yes you are right.  9 minutes is pretty fucking fast when you consider some of the distances they have to cover.

Link Posted: 2/26/2016 5:49:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 5:53:00 AM EDT
[#41]
Sounds like perp in shooters home maybe DRT.

Link Posted: 2/26/2016 5:55:07 AM EDT
[#42]
"Officers leaving Wagon Wheel Drive"

Link Posted: 2/26/2016 5:57:43 AM EDT
[#43]
If any of you know the officer that took the perp out by himself please tell him if he shows up at Polo Bar&Grill tonight.  Drinks will be on me!

Link Posted: 2/26/2016 6:05:26 AM EDT
[#44]
Tag for updates.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 6:16:49 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/26/2016 6:19:13 AM EDT
[#46]
"No one at shooters home"
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 6:50:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
UPI Story

This didn't even make the news rotation as a lead story this morning, the MSM is so damned predictable.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 7:33:35 AM EDT
[#48]
Sounds like more "workplace violence".
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 7:41:52 AM EDT
[#49]
Why do you need things that are only desinged to kill people?
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 7:48:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Prior to Kansas, Ford previously had lived in Miami, Florida, according to a Broward County Sheriff's Office 2004 arrest record.

According to the record and other government records, he was arrested for violating probation stemming from burglary and grand theft charges. He pleaded no contest in the cases, the records say.

Ford also had arrests dating back to 1996 in Miami-Dade County, including burglary, concealed firearms and battery charges. The disposition of those cases was not clear.

According to the arrest record, Ford had a "Laugh Now Cry Later" tattoo on his right forearm, "No" on his right hand, "Love" on his left hand, "Grim Reaper" on his left forearm, and a Chinese symbol for luck on his neck.
View Quote

If Obama had a son . . .
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top