Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 11:14:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Despite WWII the French were some bad ass mother fuckers throughout history.

How do those kidneys feel Ragnar? Yikes.

Great episode but I still can't stand what they did with Floki's character. I'm sure he'll eat shit in the finale. For those of you who know the history of this whole ordeal the finale in two weeks may be filled with heartbreak and sorrow.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, they got their asses kicked.

By the French.

Great episode but I still can't stand what they did with Floki's character. I'm sure he'll eat shit in the finale. For those of you who know the history of this whole ordeal the finale in two weeks may be filled with heartbreak and sorrow.

It was a joke, don't get  your french lingerie in a bunch up your ...........
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 11:21:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

By the French.

Napoleon did a pretty good job of liquidating the really tall Franks.........
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 11:51:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I didn’t see if the little sob ex prince got it in the hallway of death ... I hope he did
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 11:52:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks like whoever said Ragnar was setting Floki up for failure was right. His little monolog in the final minutes eluded to that. Bjorn not dying? I guess infection wasn't as rampant back then as I thought.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 11:53:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I didn’t see if the little sob ex prince got it in the hallway of death ... I hope he did
View Quote

Nope, he lived.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 12:54:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

By the French.

Googled for an explanation and couldn't find anything. Care to share?
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 1:18:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Looks like whoever said Ragnar was setting Floki up for failure was right. His little monolog in the final minutes eluded to that. Bjorn not dying? I guess infection wasn't as rampant back then as I thought.
View Quote

yeah--i stand corrected.

Link Posted: 4/10/2015 1:26:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

By the French.

the napoleonic wars pretty much wiped out the cream of french masculinity.  think about it--300K of the finest soldiers france could spawn invaded russia, and only ~10% of them came back.  then a few years later came waterloo.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 1:37:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Tremendously good episode action wise. I don't really understand Ragnar's reasoning with Floki though. Setting him up for failure is one thing, losing most of your men and nearly your whole family is another. Seems like it would be easier to take him for a walk in the woods and put an ax through his head. But I'm still entertained.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 1:45:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Tremendously good episode action wise. I don't really understand Ragnar's reasoning with Floki though. Setting him up for failure is one thing, losing most of your men and nearly your whole family is another. Seems like it would be easier to take him for a walk in the woods and put an ax through his head. But I'm still entertained.
View Quote

well, my track record is pretty bad after the floki thing (i didn't think ragnar was going after him personally), but i suspect that this attack was a feint.  not to fuck floki over (at least not primarily to do so), but rather to set up the infiltration.  based on all the heavy hints since athelstan was buried, it seems likely that ragnar is going to pose as a priest to get into the city.  the 'defeat' seems very trojan horsey.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 1:47:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Sounds plausible but I still think I would've found a way to do it without get reckt so badly. I guess we'll soon see.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 1:52:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Sheeh, Rolo wants to go back. Who's left?
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 2:01:48 AM EDT
[#13]
I think Rollo is going to hook up with the Princess.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 2:07:28 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote
He took a head wound.  That was him getting the hot knife cauterization.

Link Posted: 4/10/2015 2:09:12 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote
He put Floki under pressure to succeed...and it nearly worked.  Doesn't mean that he won't take advantage of it to keep on messing with Floki's head, though.

Link Posted: 4/10/2015 2:10:24 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View Quote
He's got to have someone with whom to spawn a tide of European royalty that encompasses nearly all of them to this day.

Link Posted: 4/10/2015 9:11:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

the napoleonic wars pretty much wiped out the cream of french masculinity.  think about it--300K of the finest soldiers france could spawn invaded russia, and only ~10% of them came back.  then a few years later came waterloo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

By the French.

this.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 9:17:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Ragnar is going to drive Floki nucking futs by destroying his faith in the Viking gods.

Lagertha will kill her usurper while screwing his brains out. At least he'll go happy.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 9:23:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Ragnar is going to drive Floki nucking futs by destroying his faith in the Viking gods.

Lagertha will kill her usurper while screwing his brains out. At least he'll go happy.
View Quote

Yes .... he's not done with him .... he may become the eagle
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 9:27:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ragnar is going through a conversion, he is becoming a Christian....
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 9:10:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Ragnar wants to take Paris, has set it in motion, and he should bear all responsibility.

Paris is a heavily fortified position.

Any attack is going to be costly to the attacking force.

Ragnar puts the first attack on Floki, so Ragnar is not blamed for the slaughter, Floki is punished both psychologically and socially, the French are weakened, and the Vikings learn a lot about the defenses.

Ragnar can now step up as the hero, take the city, and not be blamed for the heavy losses, even though it was entirely his plan to attack Paris in the first place.    
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 9:01:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

By the French.

Holy carp. Never had given it any thought, but I looked at the casualties and no wonder the french are such nancies
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 9:04:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

well, my track record is pretty bad after the floki thing (i didn't think ragnar was going after him personally), but i suspect that this attack was a feint.  not to fuck floki over (at least not primarily to do so), but rather to set up the infiltration.  based on all the heavy hints since athelstan was buried, it seems likely that ragnar is going to pose as a priest to get into the city.  the 'defeat' seems very trojan horsey.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good thinking. I believe you just nailed it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 9:09:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

By the French.

That is a really accurate observation, one I had not thought about, but you are dead on.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 9:13:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Floki will build a Big Wooden Horse
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 9:18:50 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The tattoos on the side of his head will give him away.  

Link Posted: 4/11/2015 9:39:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Better thinking I take it back
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 11:32:28 PM EDT
[#28]

By the French.

Holy carp. Never had given it any thought, but I looked at the casualties and no wonder the french are such nancies
View Quote

what the Napoleonic Wars and WWI subtracted from the Frankish mix laid the ground work for this............

Link Posted: 4/11/2015 11:34:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

That is a really accurate observation, one I had not thought about, but you are dead on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

By the French.

Link Posted: 4/12/2015 11:40:20 AM EDT
[#30]
It was good to see the vikings get their asses kicked for once, they deserve it. Hoping Floki would get whacked, he annoys the shit out of me, reminds me of crackhead.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 11:44:32 AM EDT
[#31]
anyone catch the 2 or 3 second teaser with this guy's hair

Link Posted: 4/12/2015 11:46:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't think he will die. The Seer in one of the earlier episodes said he was going on to great things and would be better known than Ragnar iirc?
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 11:49:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In the years is going to take to bang all the women and grow a new army he can grow his hair back.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 11:57:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Holy crap
dead vikings everywhere, did the french even lose ten guys? Does Ragnar have any troops left
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 12:01:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Doesn't Ragnar still have to find and marry a third wife?
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 3:46:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Doesn't Ragnar still have to find and marry a third wife?
View Quote

French princess..............?I know, I know, not historical but they are playing fast and loose anyway.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 4:00:05 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View Quote

Yup, the only reason they are able to contribute to the WOT today is Americans, Germans, and Brits have been over there a few times since to  improve the breeding stock.

Link Posted: 4/12/2015 4:00:36 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View Quote

According to the legend, she was Rollo's 2nd wife.  

Link Posted: 4/12/2015 4:02:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Holy crap
dead vikings everywhere, did the french even lose ten guys? Does Ragnar have any troops left
View Quote

This is why I don't believe that this attack was a feint or that Ragnar used the attack to set Floki up for failure.

He wanted the siege to succeed.

You could see it in his face as he stared at the city just before he was thrown off of the wall.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 2:45:45 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Another hottie - Morgane Polanski - Roman Polanski's daughter - There's a whole mini-series there for the telling

ETA - I find her french accent totally captivating.....

And some more Ultimate Hawtness

Link Posted: 4/15/2015 5:30:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Just found some more photos

She does that sideways pose a lot.

I see a couple of reasons why.

I miss Siggy

But, as Rollo said in an interview - 'It's the History Channel - everybody dies'.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 6:05:18 PM EDT
[#42]
FYI History Channel is rerunning this season's episodes as I write, leading up to tonight's episode.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 6:45:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Another hottie - Morgane Polanski - Roman Polanski's daughter - There's a whole mini-series there for the telling

http://nerdreactor.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/vikings-Princess-Gisla-played-by-Morgane-Polanski1.jpg

http://www.contactmusic.com/pics/lc/the_power_of_youth_2_090809/morgane_polanski_2534287.jpg

https://allaboutvikings.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/dsc_8013.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://nerdreactor.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/vikings-Princess-Gisla-played-by-Morgane-Polanski1.jpg

http://www.contactmusic.com/pics/lc/the_power_of_youth_2_090809/morgane_polanski_2534287.jpg

I have to ask, bottom picture, which one are you talking about being hot........?
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 10:41:52 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I have to ask, bottom picture, which one are you talking about being hot........?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I posted that pic for XCR's benefit as well. Something for everybody, don'tchaknow.

Link Posted: 4/16/2015 10:47:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

By the French.

They had a really rough time finding security men tall enough for Charles DeGaulle's protection detail........just saying.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 11:04:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Well, I bet that complicates things.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 11:06:33 PM EDT
[#47]
What's wrong with Ragnar specifically?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 11:08:53 PM EDT
[#48]
He's all busted up inside.  He was pissing blood at the beginning of the episode.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 11:15:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
He's all busted up inside.  He was pissing blood at the beginning of the episode.
View Quote

cracked ribs more than likely, severely bruised kidney or kidneys, bruised spine, possible cracked vertebra, possibly survived a concussion also.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 11:17:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Shit episode IMO, although I know they are setting up for the finale. They better not kill off Ragnar this way, that's not what fucking happened (although I think it's just the previews making it out that way). Things will surely come to a head with Floki, and leave us with another cliff hanger finale.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top