Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 99
Link Posted: 5/25/2013 6:47:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Is it me, or is diving up across the league this postseason...?
Link Posted: 5/25/2013 6:48:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Not just you, at least three times per game.
Link Posted: 5/25/2013 6:49:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Glad I made it home for at least one period of the Hawks vs. Wings..nice to see the Hawks doing well.

Link Posted: 5/25/2013 7:08:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Game six bitches! Now pardon me while I get drunk and celebrate!
Link Posted: 5/25/2013 7:53:28 PM EDT
[#5]
About time the Hawks scored some goals.
Back to the Joe for game 6.
Link Posted: 5/26/2013 5:56:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Wings better bring it tomorrow. The Hawks found their scoring touch last night and the Wings were on the wrong side of the puck all night.
Link Posted: 5/26/2013 6:01:17 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Wings better bring it tomorrow. The Hawks found their scoring touch last night and the Wings were on the wrong side of the puck all night.

Yeah. I am definitely concerned. Yesterday felt almost like a must win. I dont care what they say about the odds, Chicago can EASILY win 3 in a row with their roster.
Link Posted: 5/26/2013 6:40:20 PM EDT
[#8]
SJ/LA is going to 7 ...
Link Posted: 5/26/2013 6:42:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Game 7.

Hell of a series
Link Posted: 5/27/2013 1:44:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Wings need to get it done tonight... If they don't, I don't see them winning a game 7 in Chi-town...
Link Posted: 5/27/2013 1:57:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Wings need to get it done tonight... If they don't, I don't see them winning a game 7 in Chi-town...

I hear yah. The hawks got some momentum from Saturday and if they win tonight they will be unstoppable.
Link Posted: 5/27/2013 4:18:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/27/2013 6:17:47 PM EDT
[#13]
FROOOOOOOO!!!!!!

4-2 HAWKS!
Link Posted: 5/27/2013 6:18:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Holy crap. You know a penalty shot call is weak when Eddie "Homer McHomer" Olcyzk says it's weak.

And it's 4-2 Hawks now.
Link Posted: 5/27/2013 6:21:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Wow.
Link Posted: 5/27/2013 6:22:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

They watch too much soccer in the off season apparently.

Detroit is falling apart and Chicago is riding the Zebra.

Do the Kings win tomorrow ?
Link Posted: 5/27/2013 6:29:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/27/2013 6:30:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Wings have totally fucking acted these last two games like all the fucking had to do was show up.

Chicago is the only team that looks like they want to be in the fucking playoffs and playing for a Stanley Cup. These guys need a shot of adrenaline or something. WAKE THE FUCK UP!
Link Posted: 5/27/2013 6:43:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Hawks are hungry and desperate. This is going to 7.

I think I called this!
Link Posted: 5/27/2013 7:03:05 PM EDT
[#20]
The west is awesome tough hard fought series
Link Posted: 5/28/2013 2:55:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Holy crap. You know a penalty shot call is weak when Eddie "Homer McHomer" Olcyzk says it's weak.

And it's 4-2 Hawks now.

Yeah, that was...questionable.  I hope that doesn't prove to be the winning goal.

It was.
Link Posted: 5/28/2013 3:02:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Wings have totally fucking acted these last two games like all the fucking had to do was show up.

Chicago is the only team that looks like they want to be in the fucking playoffs and playing for a Stanley Cup. These guys need a shot of adrenaline or something. WAKE THE FUCK UP!

Yep.  I figured for sure after losing game 5, they'd show up with the jump and fire they have had earlier... NOPE. They suddenly reverted to the regular season team I didn't even think would make the playoffs. Maybe not that bad, but still.

It's over. They have now had 2 chances to close it out and rest up for the WCF-- and failed to do so.

The crazy thing is... I don't think the Hawks were playing at their best last night either... But they brought it more than the Wings did and their grinders (3rd/4th lines) played well enough to beat our 3rd and 4th lines.

And that penalty shot call... UGH. the difference maker. If the Hawks don't get that call and score, the Wings still could have lost in OT-- but at least it's fair and square. [The conspiracy theorist in me thinks the League - as happened in 2007 - wants a nice long series for the West so the East has a banged up team to play in the Finals.]

Chicago's got all the mo now.
Link Posted: 5/28/2013 5:23:48 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.  I figured for sure after losing game 5, they'd show up with the jump and fire they have had earlier... NOPE. They suddenly reverted to the regular season team I didn't even think would make the playoffs. Maybe not that bad, but still.

It's over. They have now had 2 chances to close it out and rest up for the WCF-- and failed to do so.

The crazy thing is... I don't think the Hawks were playing at their best last night either... But they brought it more than the Wings did and their grinders (3rd/4th lines) played well enough to beat our 3rd and 4th lines.

And that penalty shot call... UGH. the difference maker. If the Hawks don't get that call and score, the Wings still could have lost in OT-- but at least it's fair and square. [The conspiracy theorist in me thinks the League - as happened in 2007 - wants a nice long series for the West so the East has a banged up team to play in the Finals.]

Chicago's got all the mo now.

Yeah, Wings really blew a opportunity that the may never get again. There is no book anywhere that it is written that if the Red Wings lose in the playoffs this year, they're guaranteed to be here next year.

Link Posted: 5/28/2013 6:08:25 PM EDT
[#24]
This just in: I realized what it is that makes me hate the Kings' logo: everything.

Seriously, it's a deodorant crown. It's hideous. And I liked the purple and gold sweaters better.
Link Posted: 5/28/2013 6:31:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Williams with 2 huge goals in the 2nd for 2-0 lead
Link Posted: 5/28/2013 6:45:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Sharks just can't get through the depth and Jonathan quick
Link Posted: 5/28/2013 7:46:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Damn. That was a great series.

Can't ask for much more.

Quick is a beast
Link Posted: 5/28/2013 7:52:14 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm going out on a limb to predict that tomorrow night's winner will hoist Lord Stanley.
Link Posted: 5/28/2013 8:18:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'm going out on a limb to predict that tomorrow night's winner will hoist Lord Stanley.

Did Bettman schedule a Crosby game tomorrow?
;)

My gut says the Barackhawks get the win over Detroit, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the wings roar back to life....

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 12:08:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Did Bettman schedule a Crosby game tomorrow? ;)

Kings and wings will make for good ratings.

Link Posted: 5/29/2013 5:38:13 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did Bettman schedule a Crosby game tomorrow?

I'm trying to be an optimist.  It gets harder every year.  The officiating in the last two DET-CHI games was horrible.
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 10:04:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Poor Torts pays the price for bad GM decisions.

Who will be the Rangers next coach
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 10:18:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 10:27:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
They axed him?

They axed him to leave, yeah.

Must have been a personality conflict. I think he did pretty well all things considered. The B's are a very good team. I'm not sure the Rangers are a Cup caliber team this season.
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 12:16:52 PM EDT
[#35]
The last 5 teams to win the cup are the final 5 in the playoffs...That's pretty cool.

Oh...and GO PENGUINS!  

Link Posted: 5/29/2013 12:24:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Hawks/ Wings game starts in 3 1/2 hours... my drive that typically takes me 40 minutes to get home from work. Due to the game, cubs/ sox game ending, and the president possibly shutting down the highway because he's oh so special. I might make it to see the first period! Good luck Detroit, you're going to need it
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 12:26:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The last 5 teams to win the cup are the final 5 in the playoffs...That's pretty cool.

Oh...and GO PENGUINS!  
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/977597_462760650474632_1821905078_o.jpg

When I look at that I think the Wings are by far the weakest team left. Chi/LA and Pit/Bos are going to be insanely great series. I love how each of those teams is built.

All of those four - maybe with the exception of LA - are cut from the Bowman template. Strong forward corps, great checking lines that also produce, solid defensemen, and a goalie capable of slamming the door (if he doesn't lose his sh!t). There's more (must needs a large winger on the first or second lines who comes alive in the playoffs... stuff like that) but close enough.
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 12:40:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Oh...and GO PENGUINS!  
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/977597_462760650474632_1821905078_o.jpg

I've enjoyed four out of five of those winners, and even this year I can't root against the Beaners like I usually do (I'd be happy to see them succeed for their city).

But I will always always hate Chara.  I don't even have reasons.

Tonight I wear my Wings loyalty in spite of living in the Hawks market.  Even if they lose, I couldn't be happier with the way this post season shook out.  I can root for every team.
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 12:50:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 12:55:21 PM EDT
[#40]
As much as it sucks that the Wings didn't win in game 5 or 6. If you'd of said the Wings would be playing game 7 against the Blackhawks before this series started, I'd of been very happy.

Blackhawks just have way more talent. But all you have to be is the best team on the ice TONIGHT.

GO WINGS!

Link Posted: 5/29/2013 1:57:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
As much as it sucks that the Wings didn't win in game 5 or 6. If you'd of said the Wings would be playing game 7 against the Blackhawks before this series started, I'd of been very happy.

Blackhawks just have way more talent. But all you have to be is the best team on the ice TONIGHT.

GO WINGS!

Exactly how I'm approaching this as well.  I was fucking PUMPED they knocked the Ducks out.  To take the #1 seed to game 7 bodes very well for the near future.
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 2:03:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

GO WINGS!

Exactly how I'm approaching this as well.  I was fucking PUMPED they knocked the Ducks out.  To take the #1 seed to game 7 bodes very well for the near future.

Considering I doubted the Wings would even make the playoffs this year - let alone beat what I considered to be the #3 team in the league and take the #2 team to a game 7, I feel the exact same way.

And yeah, come whatever happens tonight, this marks a good turn for the organization - a season I figured would be "lost".
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 2:41:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Poor Torts pays the price for bad GM decisions.

Who will be the Rangers next coach
Just shitcanned him, truthfully him cursing f-bombs on CSNBC probably embarrassed the bosses. I understand him, I have worked for exacting bosses like him. He jumps in the players shit and soem respond to it others like Gaborik and Richards started regressing. If he likes you and you perform he will stick with you, but God forbid you have a bad run, he will scratch you, trade you or send you to the Whalers in Hartford

Link Posted: 5/29/2013 2:53:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Debating on whether to buy a Winter Classic 14 Datsyuk jersey or not.

Only jersey I have is the black practice squad one, its pretty cool, just want something new.

I REALLY want an Abdelkader jersey, I like his style of play, just don't know how long he'll be with the team.
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 3:01:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Torts got what was coming, he takes insane talent and smothers it in his system and makes players like Nash, Gaborik and Richards look average. Torts will find his way with a team, a good young team would be a good fit but his unwillingness to let his talent off the leash cost him his job maybe he will adapt next time.... oh well...

LETS GO PENS!!!

Link Posted: 5/29/2013 3:18:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Oh...and GO PENGUINS!  

BY (Gary's) DESIGN!

Because its the cup....and Gary says its good for hockey.

Link Posted: 5/29/2013 3:19:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Torts got what was coming, he takes insane talent and smothers it in his system and makes players like Nash, Gaborik and Richards look average. Torts will find his way with a team, a good young team would be a good fit but his unwillingness to let his talent off the leash cost him his job maybe he will adapt next time.... oh well...

LETS GO PENS!!!

I see your PENS, and raise you with my SHARKS HAWKS.
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 4:39:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Great game so far. Wondering how Fil got injured. Hopefully he's okay. Not a big Vatteri fan but he's needed.

Someone needs to step up... So far it's just the goalies.
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 4:40:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Debating on whether to buy a Winter Classic 14 Datsyuk jersey or not.

Only jersey I have is the black practice squad one, its pretty cool, just want something new.

I REALLY want an Abdelkader jersey, I like his style of play, just don't know how long he'll be with the team.

Dooo iiiiit... Those WC jerseys are beautiful.
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 4:48:48 PM EDT
[#50]
I am at work for another hour, just check the score and this thread..are the wings and hawks at least playing good hockey tonight? I should be able to catch most of the 3rd.

Page / 99
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top