User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 12:53:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Jack's Mexican pizza owns page 4
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 12:47:42 PM EDT
[#2]
We don't buy frozen pizza so I don't really have an opinion on any specific brand. I like them with a thin crispy crust.

Back in the mid 90's when I was between wives, I tried quite a few. I settled on some cheap no name brand type. They were smaller so I'd cook 2 at a time. They had the little square chunks of pepperoni like the old school pizzas. Thin and crispy.

As a kid back in the mid 80's the only time I had frozen pizza was deer hunting with my grandpa. It was from Kroger. I thought they put it together in the store. 2 pizzas stacked together. Don't really remember if it was really any good or not but in my mind it was the best because of the situation. Those are times I'd give anything to be able to go back to.
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 12:54:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This and Wild Mikes. All I add is anchovies and sprinkle on some stinky cheese.

The Ol' Crew Chief
View Quote
I love wild mikes, we usually boss it up with a little more cheese, some times I'll add some diced ham. We live in the country, and I don't miss delivery with Wild Mikes
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 1:22:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I like the Red Baron.

Good pizza for the price.
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 1:27:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I usually make my own. Just as cheap, takes the same amount of time, and I get to put whatever I want on it.

Frank's mixed with the tomato sauce underneath the cheese has ruined frozen pizzas for me.

If I'm feeling extremely lazy then I go for the tostinos
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 1:30:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Target's Archer Farms margherita pizza. Last time I checked it was a Product of Italy.
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 1:44:37 PM EDT
[#7]
WINNER!!!!!  (If the SHTF...)

Available at Target

Augason Farms Cheesy Pizza Kit Emergency Survival Food 4-Gallon Pail, 12 Pizzas

Link Posted: 1/5/2018 1:59:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Trader Joe's are pretty good........But they are not real cheap.....
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 2:19:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Don't do many frozen anymore but back when I did the TS/RB were pretty good for stuff your belly/I'm not cooking purposes, I've had the SS and it was pretty good, not so impressed with CPK.  Only one local non-chain pizza joint in town and they are so-so and close early so don't stop by there often.

These days if I'm not making dough and grilling pizzas we stop by Wally World and get one of their pre-mades from the deli,  they are way better than most frozen or the Little Caesars $5 Hot & Ready pizza, especially the super thin cracker crust.
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 10:38:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Tried the Mama Cozzi's Ultimate Meat Pizza from Aldi's last night.

It was pretty good, but required 4 Tums and 1 Alka Seltzer to get me through the night
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 11:30:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Jack's is best, but they quit making the bacon and onion pizzas.  Those sound absolutely revolting but they were so good when washing them down with beer after work.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 11:45:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I took the plunge and ordered a shipment of three pizzas from Heggie's.  (They look too damn good to pass up.)

Cost was $85, with free shipping.  They also gave me a coupon code for $18 off, so the pies were each about $22 delivered.  Pricey!  Hopefully worth it.

Here's a code they told me to pass along for you to get $25 off your first order:  QUESADILLA2360
View Quote
AAR - I received the styro container with the three pizzas and they arrived thawed, but still cold.  I put them in the freezer but decided to cook one of them (a Supreme) right away.

I was mildly disappointed in the Supreme.  The ingredients were good, and there were plenty of them, but the pizza was a little saltier than I like, and the crust was not very appetizing.  It was thin, but boardy.  Overall it was a decent pie, but the Red Baron Supremes are just as good (with some add-ons) for a lot less money.

Last night I had the Sausage & Mushroom.  Now we're talking!  This was an entirely different pizza.  Not as salty, and the crust was really, good - restaurant quality good.  Tons of cheese, just the right amount of really good sausage and mushrooms, and perfect sauce.  Maybe cooking from frozen was needed in order to make the crust work.  I would buy this one again.  I probably won't unless I'm up in Minnesota, or somewhere else they serve them fresh.  But it makes me feel better that they do know how to make a tasty pizza.

I have one more to go.  I think I'll wait a while on this one so I don't bust a clot this weekend and stroke out....
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 11:55:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Mama Celeste is the best!
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 11:59:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Mama Celeste is the best!
View Quote
Blast from the past!
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 12:48:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Some of you fuckers must live in an alternate realm of existence. Screamin Sicilian  was ok. Digiorno or any of the rising crust pizzas suck ass. Tombstones new brick oven is pretty fucking good at 4 bucks. Totinos is awesome just due to the cost and convenience. I really want to order a case of commodity "school" pizza now after reading all your opinions.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 1:01:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Some of you fuckers must live in an alternate realm of existence. Screamin Sicilian  was ok. Digiorno or any of the rising crust pizzas suck ass. Tombstones new brick oven is pretty fucking good at 4 bucks. Totinos is awesome just due to the cost and convenience. I really want to order a case of commodity "school" pizza now after reading all your opinions.
View Quote
I admit I haven't eaten Tostinos in probably 45 years, so I don't know about the current model.

But I remember it tasting just a bit better than the cardboard that is included with the better pizzas.

I used to like Tombstone thin crust.  I'll have to give the Brick Oven crust a try.

Agreed about the rising crust pizzas.  Doughy, disgusting crap.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 5:19:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Screamin Sicilian... just had one and I am hooked! http://www.screaminsicilian.com/#
View Quote
This guy knows

Just learned of these very recently and of the frozen pizza's, this one gets my vote...with california pizza kitchen very close.

The thing with frozens though, I've found you have to dr them up. e.g. oregano, black pepper, garlic powder, thyme, basil, etc.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top