BCM
User Panel

Page / 56
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 10:08:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That's awesome.

What did the sub end up being limited to for its sound effects?   I remember that becoming an issue with a teacher across the hall or something.

Though you could buy a better motor, like Maxon with a good gear head for low speed on tail rotor for silent operation.  That's the only thing I can whine about, but it probably can't be heard in typical ambient noise.

Note: Maxon motors are about the best you can get, and the price tag matches.

Otherwise, this has been an over the top amazing year, and the robotics student should be extremely proud.
View Quote
It seems to be completely passing over the sound tracks.  They aren't playing at all.  It's not a lack of sound problem.  The speakers are those desk top PC speakers.  With the hollow helicopter it can be quite loud.

The noise from the rotor and door are way over amplified in the video.  At the beginning you can hear this loud click.  That's the White House lights going on.  Its Its normally audible if you listen, but not nearly as crazy as it sounds on video.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 10:19:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Amazing.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 12:18:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Cool article in the local Wyoming Rural Electric News magazine.

The author came in during the last couple weeks of school to interview students and get some pictures of the projects.

Link Posted: 6/17/2019 12:50:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Simply awesome.

Glad to see the OP's and students' efforts are being recognized in the local community and media.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 1:11:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 1:16:06 PM EDT
[#6]
i feel like the article needed more unicorn
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 1:42:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
i feel like the article needed more unicorn
View Quote
Some people wouldn't be happy if they were hung with a new rope.

Great write-up. Amazing to think of all the work over the last 8 years. Seesh!
(Kids that were in first grade when the Camel was built are going to be in the upcoming freshman class. Time flies by so fast!)
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 3:29:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 4:36:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Little more update for today.

I moved the two sensors to new areas.  Not sure they are any less conspicuous, but there aren't wires running on the outside of the fuselage now.

I also got the crewmember installed.  Not a lot of places to put him with the door chassis and chain right there.  

Sensor is now behind the outside landing gear wheel, instead of on the inside landing gear.

Blackhawk side is low on the fuselage and behind where the door stops.  It was up inside the intake cowling.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 4:40:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 6:07:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 6:16:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 8:32:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
X2 well said!!!!!
!

When I see Donald, I will tell him to come Visit in the fall
Ugh...ohhh...ugh

Mr. President no disrespect intended, moar of a MAGA

And to add....

Guns762, thanks again for another awesome year of great American Men and Women....Godspeed Powell High....Godspeed
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 2:24:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You could do and F-14 with functioning variable-sweep wing.
View Quote
The best part of doing an F-14 model?  If the robotics break, it's an even more accurate representation.
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 7:26:20 PM EDT
[#15]

That is awesome!

Congrats guns762 and all the students that worked on this project.
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 8:49:17 AM EDT
[#16]
This video just popped up on my Y tube feed. It may be of interest to those who follow this thread.

Unloading MARINE ONE Helicopter from C-17 Globemaster III
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 9:00:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This video just popped up on my Y tube feed. It may be of interest to those who follow this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeOC_JP8D30
View Quote
That's pretty awesome.

It's funny how watching a video like that, and I'm still looking for details we got right and those we missed.

On another cool note, a week ago Wednesday,  as I was unloading my truck at my cabin, a C17 did a low altitude maneuver over my cabin, following the runs usually made by B1 and B52s.  

Robotics says he will be in next week to tweak the program a bit more to try to get our sound tracks playing.
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 10:57:22 PM EDT
[#18]
It is done.
View Quote
That's the message just sent to me.  

I'll check it out tomorrow.  I won't be able to get any good video, as the entire culinary lab/room is stacked under our helicopter right now for cleaning.

We had to move things out of the way just to get a ladder under it tonight.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 2:02:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 2:11:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I'll check it out tomorrow.  I won't be able to get any good video, as the entire culinary lab/room is stacked under our helicopter right now for cleaning.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
It is done.

... so very cool!
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 2:19:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Why did you go with a split theme on the appearance of the helicopter?
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 7:50:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Why did you go with a split theme on the appearance of the helicopter?
View Quote
We wanted to represent the wide scope of missions and uses of the helicopter.  Going with the fade allowed us to also produce a  more artistic over all feel with the background too.

With the subtleness of the fade, most people don't even notice the ""Blackhawk medevac" side until they walk to the inside of the display room.    Then they see the Katrina/Michael  rescue scenes behind it.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 10:34:35 AM EDT
[#23]

Just did a quick check and it's awesome!!!  I've got a few errands to run this morning but I've got a new video to post later.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 11:49:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 12:33:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 6:47:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Alright, not a long video, but you get the idea.  My phone was slow booting up the video capture.

I couldn't walk to the door side, as there was too much stuff in the way, but you can hear and see the bottom of the door close at the end.  

Link Posted: 6/27/2019 7:06:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 8:22:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Brass,

Good job on your part too with all of the technical support.  Most of the stuff you talked about means nothing to me (electronics/controls related).
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 9:11:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Brass,

Good job on your part too with all of the technical support.  Most of the stuff you talked about means nothing to me (electronics/controls related).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Brass,

Absolutely!    Couldn't have gotten it to this level without his help.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 11:10:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 5:21:04 AM EDT
[#31]
@guns762

Cool story about your black/whitehawk.

Did you know an old Korean lady working the ammo counter at Wal-mart in Virginia could tell you the difference between the different versions?

My brother-in-law were at the local Wal-Mart buying range ammo and the employe noticed my shirt and her eyes lit up and asked me if I flew/worked on Blackhawks?

She spook heavy Asian so my Irish ears had a hard time understanding what she said but from what I gather she did some work on the the Blackhawk back in the day.

She the went on about the various models...I did not fully understand but the "J" model was much better than the "A" version for example...

After I explained to her that my shirt was to support a 1/3 scale model for a school in Wyoming...her enthusiasm deflated a bit (since I did not fly one).

That said from our brief conversation I know where to find I women in VA that can tell your class about the Blackhawk (assuming she could be understood) just because I was wearing your T-shirt.
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 8:18:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
@guns762

Cool story about your black/whitehawk.

Did you know an old Korean lady working the ammo counter at Wal-mart in Virginia could tell you the difference between the different versions?

My brother-in-law were at the local Wal-Mart buying range ammo and the employe noticed my shirt and her eyes lit up and asked me if I flew/worked on Blackhawks?

She spook heavy Asian so my Irish ears had a hard time understanding what she said but from what I gather she did some work on the the Blackhawk back in the day.

She the went on about the various models...I did not fully understand but the "J" model was much better than the "A" version for example...

After I explained to her that my shirt was to support a 1/3 scale model for a school in Wyoming...her enthusiasm deflated a bit (since I did not fly one).

That said from our brief conversation I know where to find I women in VA that can tell your class about the Blackhawk (assuming she could be understood) just because I was wearing your T-shirt.
View Quote

That's a great story.  I'll have to remember to share that next fall with the returning students.  

I got an IM yesterday when I got back from the mountain that we might get a bit more HMX-1 SWAG to add to the display.    I'll update when it arrives.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 8:21:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Holy Crap(!) OP.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, I really really dig your threads!  Good job teach'.
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 1:14:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Awesome work OP. You embody what it means to be a truly GREAT teacher. Hats off.
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 4:15:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 9:27:34 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Awesome work OP. You embody what it means to be a truly GREAT teacher. Hats off.
View Quote
Thank you, I very much appreciate that.
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 9:28:43 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

He's been promoted to "Educator"  maybe even "Maestro" for me.
View Quote
Circus Ringleader maybe....  
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 9:34:25 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Holy Crap(!) OP.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, I really really dig your threads!  Good job teach'.
View Quote
Glad you enjoy them.  As I've said before, without Arfcom and the commitment so many members provide in varying assistance, our results would never come close to what weve achieved.

The students' experience has been enhanced because of this community.  
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 9:46:54 AM EDT
[#39]
I am trying to find my old duck stamp to post up in this thread to show the projects we had when I was in your class...
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 10:05:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I am trying to find my old duck stamp to post up in this thread to show the projects we had when I was in your class...
View Quote

To be fair, we still do duck stamps.

And! I had to have you, Scruggs, Tinkerbell, Peterpan, and the rest of crazy that gaggle train me to be a decent teacher.  

LOST BOYS!!!!

Hey!!!!   You and Pan worked on the Memorial project!!!  That was the original "big project".
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 8:02:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Locomotive t-shirt noticed in a central PA coffee shop, so I shared all the pictures on this last page.
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 9:03:43 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Locomotive t-shirt noticed in a central PA coffee shop, so I shared all the pictures on this last page.
View Quote
Love it!
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 10:13:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Love it!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Love it!
I wore my shuttle doorguner shirt on a recent cruise (guests included former Kennedy Space Center director Jim Kennedy) and more than one person wanted to know what I did at the shuttle program. I guess the CREW part of the chest logo looked a little too good.
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 9:40:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I wore my shuttle doorguner shirt on a recent cruise (guests included former Kennedy Space Center director Jim Kennedy) and more than one person wanted to know what I did at the shuttle program. I guess the CREW part of the chest logo looked a little too good.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/7/2019 10:00:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Glad you enjoy them.  As I've said before, without Arfcom and the commitment so many members provide in varying assistance, our results would never come close to what weve achieved.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We are enhanced because of them @guns762. Future leaders you are helping grow.
Link Posted: 7/8/2019 1:11:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Update 7/8

@Tim_in_CO arranged this to happen.    Thanks Tim!!  I'm going to get a case and frame ordered today.

Should look amazing in the display.  

Link Posted: 7/8/2019 1:26:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Update 7/8

@Tim_in_CO arranged this to happen.    Thanks Tim!!  I'm going to get a case and frame ordered today.

Should look amazing in the display.  

https://i.imgur.com/I0fEBpg.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/WzCctd7.jpg
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/8/2019 1:51:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/8/2019 2:19:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/8/2019 4:03:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 56
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top