BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 7:00:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd bet that ~20% of Americans drink 12 beers a night - more nights than not.

Alcohol is the opium of the masses.

View Quote

In your 20's, ok. But from at least early 30's until 60?  And I mean.  every. Day.  A 12 pack. At first it was all zima.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 7:05:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Other than not starting before noon and only 10-15 drinks i see nothing wrong here.
View Quote

10-15 drinks a day, every day will cause severe irreversible physical problems. Liver, pancreas, over all GI, nerve damage (your brain is a huge bundle of nerves).   Maybe not this year.  Maybe not the next 5. But it will eventually.

Link Posted: 12/11/2020 7:43:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Just to encourage anyone who wants to quit.  I hardly touched it during the week but I loved my beer on the weekend.

I decided to quit.

___Neuropathy in my feet has largely subsided.

___Stomach issues have dried up.

___I actually get a good night's sleep.

___I look forward to actual activities on the weekend and don't "have to be home" so I can have some beer.

___I have a stronger libido.

___I'm saving a ton of money all of a sudden.

I've been without alcohol for over two weeks now.  I have zero cravings--in fact I kinda wish I'd done this  years ago.  Until I went Cold Turkey I didn't realize just how much I actually WASN'T enjoying drinking.

Life is more enjoyable without it I've decided.

Link Posted: 12/11/2020 7:48:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Just to encourage anyone who wants to quit.  I hardly touched it during the week but I loved my beer on the weekend.

I decided to quit.

___Neuropathy in my feet has largely subsided.

___Stomach issues have dried up.

___I actually get a good night's sleep.

___I look forward to actual activities on the weekend and don't "have to be home" so I can have some beer.

___I have a stronger libido.

___I'm saving a ton of money all of a sudden.

I've been without alcohol for over two weeks now.  I have zero cravings--in fact I kinda wish I'd done this  years ago.  Until I went Cold Turkey I didn't realize just how much I actually WASN'T enjoying drinking.

Life is more enjoyable without it I've decided.

View Quote

Good on ya man!

The GI changes are huge once you quit. After about 3 months your brain has totally adjusted to being without it. There are good physical and mental changes happening.

The nerve damage in my feet will never heal however.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 7:50:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

After two weeks I don't have 100% feeling in the bottoms of my feet, but the needle prick feeling is mostly history.  That's the most important thing.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 7:55:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

After two weeks I don't have 100% feeling in the bottoms of my feet, but the needle prick feeling is mostly history.  That's the most important thing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hopefully you stopped the damage before it got too bad. Start taking vitamin B every day.

Alchohol leaches vitamins from you no matter your diet. That’s what causes the nerve damage. I’m not preaching. I know first hand.

Hell, if you drink heavily you need to be taking vitamin B. In rehab they were pumping me full of vitamins.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top